What springer did you shoot today?

Septicdeath, yes sounds like a couple nice days then back to the rain. How are you liking that B3? I have 3 of them and used them as a base to learn some tuning techniques years ago, that was back when you got them for $19.99 from the Cummins tool truck. Still enjoy shooting them.
It actually shoots good at 20 yards. But that's what I expected. I luckily got one with a good barrel. Shooting crosman pellets. What pellets do yours like?

It actually shoots good at 20 yards. But that's what I expected. I luckily got one with a good barrel. Shooting crosman pellets. What pellets do yours like?
I have been shooting Hobbys in mine which seems ok as well as some Gamo match pellets, cheap gun seem to work ok, will have to try some crosmans in mine see how they do.

And on a sunny 70° fall day.

20231006_134357~3.jpg

Pulled out my Chinese B-3 rifles, the one painted green is @15-18 yrs old and .177 and was bought from the Cummins tool truck, it's shooting @ 5ftlb. The other two are both .22 with the only difference being one has a rubber butt pad which gives it a longer length of pull which is nice. Chrono'd these two and they are shooting @320fps with Hobbies which is way low, like 3ftlb. Gonna have to tear these down and do some tuning as they should be at least 5ftlb and more like 6 if shooting well.

IMG_20231007_151954~2.jpg

Started day with FWB 124 this morning. Stood at 30 yards and wore a can out. Ended evening with HW45 and Hatsan 135 Vortex that hadn’t been shot lately. Kim shot her 2240 carbine. Wore out some cans. And some chalk targets. Beautiful weather finally, hoping to get some real shooting in tomorrow.

None of this came your way? Would have thought it would blow down from DFW/Shreveport area. This morning we were at 5” over last 24 hours. That’s what we had June through September combined. Got another 2-3” this morning. You know how it goes. 17“ behind and catch up in 2 weeks. Hope y’all get some relief soon.
It was drying up as it aproached on radar.
We got a few light, hit or miss showers.
When it does come, Ill probably wish it was dry.
👍

Today I grabbed 2 lams. A HW77 and a HW97K both .177. First the 77, I’m clawing and battling the cocking arm, I just about broke all my fingernails trying to release the arm. Yesterday I was shooting my TX200’s just pull the lever. Once I figured out to push the button I was OK. LOL. View attachment 272558 This 77 has the longer barrel which makes the cocking easier. Once I zeroed my scope at 30 yds. this baby not just hit the spinners but most the time in the centre. Used JSB 10.34 same weight as Hades.
This 97 makes no mistakes, I do. Again same as the 77, once zeroed spot on. View attachment 272557 I favour the looks of the 97 because of the barrel weight. Heavy winds today. These two are so accurate you can almost control the ricochet. Definitely good enough for the girls I go out with.
What springer did you shoot today?
Crow
I wish I could find a place close by to go shoot my Beeman Kodiak in .25. I’ve had it since 1996. It was the world’s most powerful conventional mainspring air rifle in its day. Some may know it as the Patriot, but it couldn’t have as much power in the UK as it does in USA. It’s a really cool springer.

Finally free and it’s raining. 43 F. I scooped 4 rifles for a morning shoot. First up Diana 350 mag. .22 cal. What an accurate power house.
IMG_6910.jpeg
Te 350 was wracking targets easily at 50 yds. Enjoying this gun. Next up a HW98 .22 with a Vortek spring. Just a pleasure to shoot.
IMG_6911.jpeg
Such a clean sound. Love the ease of the 98.
This next beauty, a Walther LGU Varmite .22
IMG_6912.jpeg
Thia gun is to die for. So sad not available. Love to get a LGV or 2. Precision comes natural with this thumbhole. This is the last one sold in Canada. Lucky I got it.
Last up a HW97 .25. I could shoot a cigarette out of a flies mouth. 25 - 35 yds. this gun is one of my favorites to shoot.
IMG_6913.jpeg
And a thumbhole to boot. Great gun. Crow

I was given a Hatsan Model 95. The person that gave it to me had given up because the barrel would wobble and not lock up tight. I fabricated a couple of brass shims for it. I also noticed there was a part broken in the trigger group. This part is not really needed in a Quattro trigger. So I also fabricated a bushing to replace the broken part. The gun is working. Took the rifle out and shot it a few times. Tomorrow will sight it in and give it a workout.

20231009_125151.jpg

20231009_124647.jpg

20231009_124440.jpg

20231009_124359.jpg

20231009_123046.jpg

I was given a Hatsan Model 95. The person that gave it to me had given up because the barrel would wobble and not lock up tight. I fabricated a couple of brass shims for it. I also noticed there was a part broken in the trigger group. This part is not really needed in a Quattro trigger. So I also fabricated a bushing to replace the broken part. The gun is working. Took the rifle out and shot it a few times. Tomorrow will sight it in and give it a workout.

View attachment 395311

View attachment 395316

View attachment 395320

View attachment 395321

View attachment 395322
Nice repair. Hope it works well. Crow