What springer did you shoot today?

Grabbed my .22 HW95 when I got home. Standing at 20 and 25 yards shooting cans and reactive targets for a bit. Decided to have a seat. That’s two consecutive shots off my hand, hand rested on my knee. Should help explain why I call it my best all around springer.

20231016_172946~2_resized.jpeg

today i shot the new to me Diana model 60 . i pull the trigger , i hear a pellet hit and look behind me to see who shot ? I am alone ! That is what it is like shooting this model 60 !
I call that “out of body experience “. I have a few rifles that offer that ride. Crow
Grabbed my .22 HW95 when I got home. Standing at 20 and 25 yards shooting cans and reactive targets for a bit. Decided to have a seat. That’s two consecutive shots off my hand, hand rested on my knee. Should help explain why I call it my best all around springer.

View attachment 397438
Wow.

20231018_220915.jpg

I was running late.I had to break out the flash lights. Lol
HW30, under an Element optics, Helix 6x24.
20231018_220931.jpg

I was experimenting with the West Hunter, adjustable rings. I zeroed the scope at 29 yards, then zeroed the turret. Then I added one groove elevation to the rear mount. The POI spread was 32 moa (on the reticle) at 29 yards. That was my question a few weeks ago, trying to calculae the value of each notch in the rings elevation. Tomorrw i will get the actual measurment.
Since the scope was showing me 32 moa, or hash marks, basically the entire crosshair top to bottom at 24X, I mutiplied that times three for 29 yards, and gave the scope 96 clicks of down. It wound up within a 1/4" of dead on.
In the end, I wondered how that worked out because each turret click is 1/4 moa?.

Screenshot_20231019_062612_OneDrive.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski and cjtamu
Haven't posted in a few days, but have been shooting. Thought I should make a post.
Today shot the XS46U and a Hatsan 95. Then this evening a Daisy 300 Ted Williams and a Heathways MX175

View attachment 398048

View attachment 398051

View attachment 398053
Your allowed. You probably contribute most to this thread. Thanks. Crow. I like that thumbhole.
View attachment 398128
I was running late.I had to break out the flash lights. Lol
HW30, under an Element optics, Helix 6x24.
View attachment 398129
I was experimenting with the West Hunter, adjustable rings. I zeroed the scope at 29 yards, then zeroed the turret. Then I added one groove elevation to the rear mount. The POI spread was 32 moa (on the reticle) at 29 yards. That was my question a few weeks ago, trying to calculae the value of each notch in the rings elevation. Tomorrw i will get the actual measurment.
Since the scope was showing me 32 moa, or hash marks, basically the entire crosshair top to bottom at 24X, I mutiplied that times three for 29 yards, and gave the scope 96 clicks of down. It wound up within a 1/4" of dead on.
In the end, I wondered how that worked out because each turret click is 1/4 moa?.

View attachment 398154
Interesting. I like the Element scope. I also broke out the lites, with getting dark before 6:30. Crow

I was shooting just before dark around 6:30 and this guy comes about 8 ft away stares at me and Carrie’s on. CrowView attachment 396957hard to get good pic with no lite.
Were you shooting?
The animals come around while I'm shooting. Either it doesn't bother them or possibly attracts them?
Last week I had an exceptional shoot day and the animals were crazy. A squirrel climbed up my 30 yard backstop, layed down flat, with his legs stretched out, like he had never experienced flatness before. I was the same way when I was visiting east Kentucky, and went to Walmarts flat parking lot. Lol
I shot over a crows head that day. I was shooting at the 75 yard backstop, and he was at the 45 yard mark. He looked around and then kept digging.
The day I should have had my camera.

Barra 1200g. Brand new, my first spring, gas piston rifle. I love it. Cleaned both the .177 and.22 barrels before shooting. After shooting the Diana Chaser rifle and pistol for a year, it was a big jump for me. Was surprised how heavey the Barra was and was not ready for the kick. I shot 60 RWS super H point pellets through the .177 barrel, I did not try the 22 barrel yet. Did crono, average of 8 shots was1045 FPS

Were you shooting?
The animals come around while I'm shooting. Either it doesn't bother them or possibly attracts them?
Last week I had an exceptional shoot day and the animals were crazy. A squirrel climbed up my 30 yard backstop, layed down flat, with his legs stretched out, like he had never experienced flatness before. I was the same way when I was visiting east Kentucky, and went to Walmarts flat parking lot. Lol
I shot over a crows head that day. I was shooting at the 75 yard backstop, and he was at the 45 yard mark. He looked around and then kept digging.
The day I should have had my camera.
I was shooting. He passed me and came back to look. I took a pic but too dark.
I think two years ago I was shooting an apple. Hit it and split it in half. A fox ran out of nowhere, grabbed half an apple and moved further down my drive and ate it. Crow
Barra 1200g. Brand new, my first spring, gas piston rifle. I love it. Cleaned both the .177 and.22 barrels before shooting. After shooting the Diana Chaser rifle and pistol for a year, it was a big jump for me. Was surprised how heavey the Barra was and was not ready for the kick. I shot 60 RWS super H point pellets through the .177 barrel, I did not try the 22 barrel yet. Did crono, average of 8 shots was1045 FPS
Need a pic. It’s throwing the lead. Enjoy your prize. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
three shots each the guns i picked up at Hickory . had house plumbing work to do today . More info later
1 . Fwb 300s .177
2. FWB 124s Manccari walnut stock .177
3 . FWB124s standard stock .177
4 . Sheridan .20
Awesome score. Had my septic pumped today. It was very special.

I sure love this gun. Out of the three of my .30 this one shoots the best. Has new seal from M Ellingsworth Ram at 168bar. Brass barrel block shims, recrownd barrel and new material in baffle. Trigger at about 3lbs. Kinda a bitch to cock, but throws a 44.75 down range at 602fps with accuracy. My rockchuck and Bandit busting gun. Love it.

20231020_153242.jpg

ME TOO , had a clog right near the inlet , happy to pay someone else to do that .
Small world , wouldn’t want to paint it. Mine wasn’t clogged but close. He told me the salt in the water purifier not good for septic.

Marathon of shooting today, 5 hrs. This Air Arms TX Hunter .177 was no exception to accuracy. Sweet rifle~
IMG_7030.jpeg
Sent this yesterday . Crow