What springer did you shoot today?

Been a few days since I have been able to shoot due to life, but finally mounted an older Leepers 4-9 x 40 scope on my Diana 430L and did some rough siting in with .177 H&N FTT pellets. I don't usually shoot underlevers which I find a bit awkward to load (at least open breech style), but this one is a very accurate gun and so well made. I can ignore the awkward loading the way this gun shoots, a shame these didn't catch on, shoots as accurate as my HW 98 and that's saying something.

IMG_20231028_163926~2.jpg

I think I’ve said it before in another post. I have a UTG 4*32 scope on my 22 cal Benjamin Titan. It’s a great scope for pesting but for paper punching it’s a little bit hard to see the small bulls due to the thick cross hairs.
Anyway this was shot at 20 metres. On most occasions the flyer was due to not being able to see the bull and I was able to compensate after the first shot. Most of the dots are the same size as the pellet or slightly bigger.
very happy

B234F7DB-7751-42DC-BEEB-3418B01623A8.jpeg

Reactions: DualMagMike
SLR98...SN 557. I got this SLR .22 carbine about 3 months ago and upon testing was only running at 10 FPE. I
repressured the ram to 50bar which yielded 16fpe with Crosman domes then left it set for a couple months.
Tested the ram pressure and preformamce again to see how this 20 year old would function. I used JSB 18.13s which worked very well @ 615fps=15.2fpe. Groups shot at 24 yards off my knee...Always a treat to shoot one of these classic Theobens. Could have done better with a higher magnification scopes but that little 3x9 efr
Leupold looks so sweet on it and was there from new so just going to leave it be! Was a fun day!
20231031_122658.jpg
20231029_162751.jpg
20231029_143427.jpg

Tried out the rest. I like the way it keeps the rest plumped up with the side pressure. I used to -I’ll the gun back and slid on rest before, first time I shot and instinctively did the same and caught the lever. Changed that habit fast.
IMG_7174.jpeg
This gun HW85 .177 is so impressive. Basically a 95 with a long barrel. Bingo. So easy to jack. Doesn’t have 2000 rounds through it but broke in nicely. Can’t wait to give it a new spring. Unfortunately in a lineup. This is one of those guns that constantly impress you. 36 F. as I eat my lunch. Crow

Got a morning shoot. This favorite is so infectious it should almost be illegal. Talking about it yesterday is all it takes. HW77 .25. View attachment 402659It performed like it was the last show. Smacks the spinners with authority. I’m loving this stand, holds the rifle securely in rest. Back to work. Crow
Nice rig, how’s the Hawk holding up?

Reactions: crowski
Nice rig, how’s the Hawk holding up?

Got a morning shoot. This favorite is so infectious it should almost be illegal. Talking about it yesterday is all it takes. HW77 .25. View attachment 402659It performed like it was the last show. Smacks the spinners with authority. I’m loving this stand, holds the rifle securely in rest. Back to work. Crow
Exact set up i use . very solid and accurate to dial the next target bull .

Reactions: crowski
today was a "rest my knee day" twisted it a while ago . today i started out with the 2 FWB 124's , one scoped the other peeps / next up was the 2 sheridan pumpers both accurate . last was my new to me Daisy 853 peep sight CMP gun , all i can say is WOW light weight /easy to cock / with a scope it will be a single ragged hole and if i do my part a 5 shot single hole gun . Cannot believe this is a $139 gun including shipping .

Back at the beginning of summer I got the idea of doing a sight swap.

Mount the diopter from the 753S on the .177 HW50S, and mount the Bug Buster I had on 50 on the 753S. After a full summer of shooting them, and some more plinking today, I think I'll leave the swap as is. Both rifles really came to life for me with the switch. Most of my shooting is offhand at silhouettes and spinners at a variety of ranges from 20-40yds with these two rifles. I used the front sight insert for the 50S that has the skinny post with the ball on top, and it's perfect for these type of targets. And man, the 753S with the 3-9 Bug Buster literally lives up to the name. Horseflies and wasps at 15 yds with Meisterkugeln are easy shots.

Getting colder by the day. Snowed Halloween night, but that melted off and it was in the 50's today. Popped a few beer cans with the .22 P1
as well.

DSC00006 copy 5 3 2.JPG

The only modification needed was to drill the bottom of the diopter body for a recoil stop pin as it wanted to creep backwards on the 50S. The roll pin is a friction fit and removable if I ever want to switch the sight back to the 753S.

stop-pin1.JPG

DSC00012 copy 3 2.JPG

The finishing touch was to apply a strip of Monokote Trim to cover up the holes on the breechblock where I removed the factory rear sight. Monokote Trim is an R/C aircraft product that is thin, strong, and self adhesive. Just cut it to size like tape, and apply. It blends in perfectly and is meant to be fuel resistant so it won't gum up if exposed to gun oil/cleaning solvent. Easily removed if needed with heat from a hair dryer followed by a little 91% rubbing alcohol.

DSC00008 copy 4 2.JPG

Last edited:
Exact set up i use . very solid and accurate to dial the next target bull .
I’m liking it more every time I use it.
today was a "rest my knee day" twisted it a while ago . today i started out with the 2 FWB 124's , one scoped the other peeps / next up was the 2 sheridan pumpers both accurate . last was my new to me Daisy 853 peep sight CMP gun , all i can say is WOW light weight /easy to cock / with a scope it will be a single ragged hole and if i do my part a 5 shot single hole gun . Cannot believe this is a $139 gun including shipping .
Look after your knees I’ve got two that are buggered.
‘Sounds like a great day shooting. Crow
Back at the beginning of summer I got the idea of doing a sight swap.

Mount the diopter from the 753S on the .177 HW50S, and mount the Bug Buster I had on 50 on the 753S. After a full summer of shooting them, and some more plinking today, I think I'll leave the swap as is. Both rifles really came to life for me with the switch. Most of my shooting is offhand at silhouettes and spinners at a variety of ranges from 20-40yds with these two rifles. I used the front sight insert for the 50S that has the skinny post with the ball on top, and it's perfect for these type of targets. And man, the 753S with the 3-9 Bug Buster literally lives up to the name. Horseflies and wasps at 15 yds with Meisterkugeln are easy shots.

Getting colder by the day. Snowed Halloween night, but that melted off and it was in the 50's today. Popped a few beer cans with the .22 P1
as well.

View attachment 402752

The only modification needed was to drill the bottom of the diopter body for a recoil stop pin as it wanted to creep backwards on the 50S. The roll pin is a friction fit and removable if I ever want to switch the sight back to the 753S.

View attachment 402756

View attachment 402759

The finishing touch was to apply a strip of Monokote Trim to cover up the holes on the breechblock where I removed the factory rear sight. Monokote Trim is an R/C aircraft product that is thin, strong, and self adhesive. Just cut it to size like tape, and apply. It blends in perfectly and is meant to be fuel resistant so it won't gum up if exposed to gun oil/cleaning solvent. Easily removed if needed with heat from a hair dryer followed by a little 91% rubbing alcohol.

View attachment 402777
Love the looks of the Diopter.
I tried that tape but not as successful as yours. Crow

Got a little time this afternoon with a Diana 460 .22. Very very impressive. If Diana cleaned up some of the Cracker Jack parts they would be deadly guns, IMO.
IMG_7188.jpeg
This puppy was performing well at 45 yds. Also shot my HW90 .25. No pic. I’m still pinching myself every time I shoot this gun. Really like the .25 cal. , good whack. Crow