What springer did you shoot today?

Every 50 deserves a scope. Mine is a .22 cal also and still shoots sub 1" groups at 50 yards. Freaking amazing!
Okay you guilted me into it .I had a couple of packages show up today, They were meant for a different rifle but I changed my mind.So far, I've had really good luck with these cheap little Barska scopes Let's hope this one holds up.
The HW moderator really doesn't quiet the gun down that much. But I really thinks it helps the balance of it offhand.

20240202_175214.jpg

Great shootin’

I “need“ another HW30S in .22 that I can scope. I keep the one I have with the irons on it. I have shot it for precision with the irons and it did great. I can only imagine how well it would be with a scope! 🎯🎯
I take the scope off of mine periodically. And I'm quite surprised out to 25 yd. I really do not lose any accuracy shooting field type target

Been busy. Still time to blast a few, HW77 .177, fantastic gun, super accurate.View attachment 431516
Next up a sweet gem with Vortek spring and piston seal. Been saving this one. So accurate. Crow

View attachment 431520
The mean green, I'm getting ready to tear mine apart for a look see and refresh everything. Are you still liking your new chrony?

Wh
The mean green, I'm getting ready to tear mine apart for a look see and refresh everything. Are you still liking your new chrony.
will be using shortly when I start changing springs. It’s been flawless when I did use. Really like the fact you just shoot normally at your targets instead of through a specific hoop. Game changer. Crow

46f sunny but blowing a gale today. Given my ProSport an upgrade. Put my new CS700 on and reparallaxed the new Minox scope today. Not totally convinced by the stock. It's a big lump but the ergonomics are good. Too windy for any serious testing so just some plinking with my son's. Edwin (age 9) in the photo loves the old Relum 527!

IMG_20240203_145525469_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240203_145838424_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240203_145208170_HDR.jpg

46f sunny but blowing a gale today. Given my ProSport an upgrade. Put my new CS700 on and reparallaxed the new Minox scope today. Not totally convinced by the stock. It's a big lump but the ergonomics are good. Too windy for any serious testing so just some plinking with my son's. Edwin (age 9) in the photo loves the old Relum 527!

View attachment 431589View attachment 431588View attachment 431590
I think it looks awesome man. Is this the place you bought it? I'm looking at this one for my 97K?

I think it looks awesome man. Is this the place you bought it? I'm looking at this one for my 97K?
Cheers mate. That's the fella. I called round his workshop in the autumn. They are a popular upgrade to Weihrauch standard stocks in the UK. So one might be a good idea for your 97. He'll ship to the US. The inletting on mine was a little rough but totally functional. The overall finish is good. I think he said he uses danish oil as a basic finish to ship out. So a satin finish. They are all a fairly straight American Walnut but it is nice. Never going to be a fancy burr mind.
I asked him to mimic the ProSport OE stock fore-end with the flutes etc and he's made an ok attempt at that. No extra cost for that which was nice. He'd good to deal with. It's not a true made to measure custom stock but for the price they a good.
I'll post some more pics if you like.

A Pro Sport with a thumdhole. Gets no better. Lillie’s are gone as well👍.
Your view is spectacular. And Edwin is lucky. Crow

Fantastic rifle and spectacular view! Thanks for sharing, happy shooting and great form Edwin. 👌🏼🎯

Cheers mate. That's the fella. I called round his workshop in the autumn. They are a popular upgrade to Weihrauch standard stocks in the UK. So one might be a good idea for your 97. He'll ship to the US. The inletting on mine was a little rough but totally functional. The overall finish is good. I think he said he uses danish oil as a basic finish to ship out. So a satin finish. They are all a fairly straight American Walnut but it is nice. Never going to be a fancy burr mind.
I asked him to mimic the ProSport OE stock fore-end with the flutes etc and he's made an ok attempt at that. No extra cost for that which was nice. He'd good to deal with. It's not a true made to measure custom stock but for the price they a good.
I'll post some more pics if you like.
Yeah pics are good, how does it fit your action, is there gaps or is it loose? Or does it fit pretty much like the factory stock? Thanks for the info.

Morning shoot with a HW97kt .177. 34F. shooting against a strong sun.
IMG_7877.jpeg
It’s a 97 like the rest, delivers the goods. Never wear a hat (bad hair day) but had to wear a peak hat to see.
‘A bugger for punishment next up a Hadson 130 .30. First time I went to jack it, the barrel is so long, I chocked it by about 8 inches. I almost broke a rib, trying to arm this tank. You need physiotherapy after 50 rounds.
IMG_7879.jpeg
Gets better, go to shoot first shot and the monster kicks back, catches the brim of my hat, almost got a concussion. Check out the difference in round size .177 vs. .30.
My driveway is a major hazard, wet ice 30 yds. wide. Just about went down once. Sun is so strong had to remove my coat 34 F, no wind.
IMG_7881.jpeg
Crow

With all of Crows talk about springs I decided to open up the 77K for a look see and refresh of krytox. It has a JM QX4600 spring (no longer available) and custom guides I made for a total of .832" spacing. A delrin oring piston seal which I made a few years ago, will replace the oring with a new one, although this one is fine.
IMG_6779.jpeg

I've thought about making bearings for the piston and compression tube, but it's not really needed.
IMG_6781.jpeg

I did make a custom set back trigger blade ( mostly by hand) and it works pretty good. Trigger sears have been polished and shim washers installed on either side of the trigger blade to take up slop.
IMG_6782.jpeg

The trigger adjustment screw was cross drilled and a delrin plug inserted to retain trigger adjustments, ( this was a Nceds mod that I copied) it works good.
IMG_6785.jpeg

So far this 77K hasn't been able to shoot up against my 97K, maybe I haven't found the best pellet or pellet weight, IDK. I've tuned it to 15ftp down to 10.5 ftp, currently at around 12ftp. Don't know if I should keep it or sell it..lol. But it doesn't get much trigger time that's for sure. I do love the green laminate stock it has, guess I need to spend more time with it.✌🏻

Yeah pics are good, how does it fit your action, is there gaps or is it loose? Or does it fit pretty much like the factory stock? Thanks for the info.
The fit is tight and quite precise. I've no complaints about the fit on the one I have received. It was almost a bit too tight and I had to push the action into the stock.
The fore-end around the barrel/shoud deliberately doesn't make contact with the shroud. So there's a tiny gap there.
IMG_20240201_222014296.jpg
IMG_20240201_222135742.jpg
IMG_20240201_225937139.jpg
IMG_20240201_221940463.jpg
IMG_20240201_222004279.jpg
IMG_20240201_222159546.jpg

IMG_20240201_222210435.jpg

IMG_20240201_225951374.jpg

It looks like a good fit to me, and the prosport front end looks nice as well. Curious, does your cocking arm have the same spacing on either side of your factory stock, or does the gap get smaller on one side? Mine is really close on one side but it doesn't rub the stock, I can slide a piece of paper in between so that's at least .003"
Wondering if I can shim one side to get it centered up?
IMG_6786.jpeg

Have you seen this before?

It looks like a good fit to me, and the prosport front end looks nice as well. Curious, does your cocking arm have the same spacing on either side of your factory stock, or does the gap get smaller on one side? Mine is really close on one side but it doesn't rub the stock, I can slide a piece of paper in between so that's at least .003"
Wondering if I can shim one side to get it centered up?
View attachment 431723
Have you seen this before?
It's one thing that Air Arms seem to struggle with on the ProSport. I looked at a few in the shop and picked the one with the best fit so in it's original stock mines pretty good. They do vary from what I've seen but yours seems pretty extreme. Sorry I'm not an expert these things and can't advise greatly but maybe a shim would help. For smaller adjustments I find just slackening and judiciously retightening the forestock screws can sometimes even it up a little.

Reactions: bustachip