• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

Had some full cans of beer I forgot about that had been on the porch for about 6 months in the sun and assumed to be bad. Pulled out the .25 Beeman webley Kodiak/Patriot and just blew the backside wide open with one shot. A great gun for blasting!

IMG_20240626_180222~2.jpg

I just got a Feinwerkbau Sport in from Champions Choice and took it out for a few minutes. Windage was perfect but shooting about 1" lot at 10 meters, so upped the rear sight and was soon popping swingers on my dueling tree. I already had one of these rifles and have it set up with a 2-7 Hawke Airmax, I am planning on either leaving this one with the factory irons which I really like or possibly putting a diopter on the rear, will have to shoot it in factory configuration for a while first.

You can put that on the fridge. Nice shooting. Crow

I can dress to the winter cold. The heat is unbearable. Crow
Years back I was stationed in Turkey for two years. Humidity, even living right on the sea, Gulf of Izmir, the humidity was extremely low, so geneally comfortable, and nights would always cool off. We actually lived about two blocks from the waterfront and could see the Gulf from our balcony.
Here in E. Texas weather is basically miserable most of the year, same over in NE Louisiana where I grew up. Summers in mid 90's to low 100's and high humidity. Winters, not that cold temperature wise, but usually the humidity makes it awful. A few years back we had a cold snap, got down to about -6 and almost no humidity and in reality it was fairly comfortable. I aslo spent a few months in the UK in the winter of 91, very cold but still not bad. This afternoon was about 94, and then a quick sprinkle and some wind, dropped temp down to very low 80's fe;t good. It's now 8:30pm temp 81, at least ten degrees cooler than this time yesterday. So nice I got a new FWB Sport for a few shots this evening.

This is my third post on here, and just got back in from shooting my HW35 which is an older model from 1968. It is in pretty good shape and shoots in the low 700s with RWS superdomes. Every now and then I bring it to work to shoot on breaks. We are in a rural area with a fenced in compound so its nice.
01VmWZM.jpg

Last edited:
just came in from shooting 30 yd, challenge Target . (very useful target other than the challenge ) , was sighting in my Silver Streak and then just finished the paper as a challenge target with a TX200 , not sure if it was fliers or me but maybe a combination ? 5 #8 ring cutting line shots PHOOEY!

Didn’t shoot today but got almost 3 hrs. tonite. Shot my Pro Sport .177. What a gun. Put a major dent in a can of JSB’s. Able to stack 4 rounds of 5, 47 yds. View attachment 475032 I was trimming tree branches that grew over my targets. Branches 42 yds. View attachment 475030The PS hogged most the time. I was able to shoot my HW98 .22 for a half hour. I like my 98’s. CrowView attachment 475033
what this table needs is one of the afore mentioned cooler /air conditioners blowing under the blanket .

I shot my HW97 today, actually shot all my air guns (4). finished with the springer. Was pretty calm 1-3 max winds. I have a trap set up at 60 yards, so it took a little dialing to get on target. Started out high and left, the shots circled was after I stopped fussing with the turret's. The spinners are under the trap and the steal I have wrapped around the tree is at 30 yards. The pellets I used were AA10.3gr

14.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
Years back I was stationed in Turkey for two years. Humidity, even living right on the sea, Gulf of Izmir, the humidity was extremely low, so geneally comfortable, and nights would always cool off. We actually lived about two blocks from the waterfront and could see the Gulf from our balcony.
Here in E. Texas weather is basically miserable most of the year, same over in NE Louisiana where I grew up. Summers in mid 90's to low 100's and high humidity. Winters, not that cold temperature wise, but usually the humidity makes it awful. A few years back we had a cold snap, got down to about -6 and almost no humidity and in reality it was fairly comfortable. I aslo spent a few months in the UK in the winter of 91, very cold but still not bad. This afternoon was about 94, and then a quick sprinkle and some wind, dropped temp down to very low 80's fe;t good. It's now 8:30pm temp 81, at least ten degrees cooler than this time yesterday. So nice I got a new FWB Sport for a few shots this evening.
Been to Turkey 6-7 times. Almost bought a house in Marmaris. Love to visit again.
‘Had to wear a light jacket to shoot to nite. Crow
forgot to send yesterday

Been to Turkey 6-7 times. Almost bought a house in Marmaris. Love to visit again.
‘Had to wear a light jacket to shoot to nite. Crow
forgot to send yesterday
Sometimes I wish we could go there again. We were newlyweds. I was offered several possible assignments, all one year unaccompanied, SE Asia (Vietnam, Korea, Thialand the Phillipines) or Turkey, Some could be two years accompanied, I chose actually before I had met my wife, got orders for Turkey, then they were cancelled because the guy I would be replacing liked it so well he extended his tour. We enjoyed it, got a tent and would find a small cove and camp along the Agean in some really beautiful spots, Visited all the sites of the Seven Churches of Asia Minor, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Istanbul, then a long road trip to the Gorme valley. We always felt safe anyplace we stayed. While we were still in the Offiers hotel, I got to the Rod and Gun club and purchased a shotgun, we could not have rifles, unless one had been in country prior to a certain date, and started going boar hunting with a group from the hospital. We used driven hunts out in the mountains, a lot of rough walking for this boy who had grown up in the flat lands of N Louisiana. Made a long weekend trip to Athens and then an almost two week tour of Israel in the spring of 74.

Went to do some work at my cabin where I keep an old Gamo Hunter 880-S for plinking etc and found I couldn't hit anything with it. I tuned it years ago and still shoots nicely but it's very inaccurate now, may be the old BSA scope on it has crapped out. Going to have to switch scopes and see what's going on. Not a bad gun at all for a Gamo. Also was able to check my game cam and picked up a bear which had been seen by neighbors on their cams as well.

IMG_20240628_064536~2.jpg

WGI_0024.JPG