What springer did you shoot today?

View attachment 479532

Did this cocking arm grip come with the rifle or is it an add on?
It's a Rowan engineering after market!
They come in black, aluminum, and brass along with trigger guards and custom set back triggers! Here's a better pic of the whole gun!
IMG_20220618_172556__01.jpg

Shot my HW97 this morning. I started out with the AAs 10.3gr but couldnt get them to group well, I figured it was me not shooting springers all that well then I decited to try some H&N Field target 8.64gr. The first thing I noticed was a much tighter fit and after a few adjustments on the terrets I started to get some decent groups. The scattered shots were mostly the AA's and a few adjustments shots. These were 0'ed shot at 33yards and I was able to hit some 2 inch spinners pretty consistently @ 60 yards.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Shot my HW97 this morning. I started out with the AAs 10.3gr but couldnt get them to group well, I figured it was me not shooting springers all that well then I decited to try some H&N Field target 8.64gr. The first thing I noticed was a much tighter fit and after a few adjustments on the terrets I started to get some decent groups. The scattered shots were mostly the AA's and a few adjustments shots. These were 0'ed shot at 33yards and I was able to hit some 2 inch spinners pretty consistently @ 60 yards.

View attachment 479553

View attachment 479554

View attachment 479555
I've never had really great groups with heavies in my 97K. The best groups I ever shot with my 97K were with the JSB 8.44, but then they started making them looser fitting. So I switched to QYS 8.48 and they fit and group great. Of course this just my particular 97K. The 77K I had, but later sold, it liked crosman premier 7.9 in the brown box, I tried many pellets in that rifle, crazy huh.

Last edited:
I've never had really great groups with heavies in my 97K. The best groups I ever shot with my 97K were with the JSB 8.44, but then they started making them looser fitting. So I switched to QYS 8.48 and they fit and group great. Of course this just my particular 97K. The 77K I had, but later sold, it liked crosman premier 7.9 in the brown box, I tried many pellets in that rifle, crazy huh.
I have heard the Crosman's shoot well, one of these days I need to give them a try. Never heard of QYS till now. Pyramyd's mighty proud of them @ $20.00 a tin.

I have heard the Crosman's shoot well, one of these days I need to give them a try. Never heard of QYS till now. Pyramyd's mighty proud of them @ $20.00 a tin.
Trust me try a tin of the QYS 8.48's. The brown box premiers 7.9 are no longer sold, but they do still make similar crosmans. They were a hard pellet and foul the bore quickly. I have a box of premiers left over if you're interested in them. Benjamin makes a new pellet from single dies similar to crosman premiers as well, but I haven't tried any, not sure what weights these are.

Got out for an evening shoot. Sat out front all day and watched the boats go by. Saw a few American flags on the back.
I thought I liked this gun in .22 cal. Shot this .177 again. It’s, good enough for the girls I go out with.
IMG_9108.jpeg
It’s a lazor. This is 15 shots 47 yds.
IMG_9109.jpeg
One of my favorites. Crow

Got out for an evening shoot. Sat out front all day and watched the boats go by. Saw a few American flags on the back.
I thought I liked this gun in .22 cal. Shot this .177 again. It’s, good enough for the girls I go out with. View attachment 479700It’s a lazor. This is 15 shots 47 yds. View attachment 479702One of my favorites. Crow
Mine too.

I thought I liked this gun in .22 cal. Shot this .177 again. It’s, good enough for the girls I go out with. View attachment 479700It’s a lazor. This is 15 shots 47 yds. View attachment 479702One of my favorites. Crow
Sorry for the rookie question. But what model is it? Side Lever?

Sorry for the rookie question. But what model is it? Side Lever?
It’s an Air Arms Pro Sport. Still in production. It’s an underlever. The way they hid the lever is ingenious. It’s easlily the sweetest looking air rifle.
It’s on left a TX on right.
IMG_9110.jpeg
That silver bar is the lever. Clean. Crow

It’s an Air Arms Pro Sport. Still in production. It’s an underlever. The way they hid the lever is ingenious. It’s easlily the sweetest looking air rifle.
It’s on left a TX on right. View attachment 479737That silver bar is the lever. Clean. Crow
Some day….

It’s on left a TX on right. View attachment 479737That silver bar is the lever. Clean. Crow
sweet!

Trust me try a tin of the QYS 8.48's. The brown box premiers 7.9 are no longer sold, but they do still make similar crosmans. They were a hard pellet and foul the bore quickly. I have a box of premiers left over if you're interested in them. Benjamin makes a new pellet from single dies similar to crosman premiers as well, but I haven't tried any, not sure what weights these are.
I added a tin of the QYS 8.48 to an existing order/back order, should be here soon.