What springer did you shoot today?

Some day….
Today was the day. Not the Pro Sport. But….

IMG_1480.jpeg

sweet! I had the Luxus, wasn't walnut just beech. Very light in weight and accurate. I slinged it and put a peep sight on it. Sorry I sold it. Enjoy it.
Thanks. I’m really looking forward to shooting it. Plenty of Hype for it to live up too.
The GK1 lives up to the hype. I’m sure this one will too.

I added a tin of the QYS 8.48 to an existing order/back order, should be here soon.
Be interested to hear how they do in your 97K?
I shoot them in both my prosport and my 97K, they're preferred pellet. I have thousands of JSB 8.44's both in 4.52 and 4.53, but the QYS is my go to.

Be interested to hear how they do in your 97K?
I shoot them in both my prosport and my 97K, they're preferred pellet. I have thousands of JSB 8.44's both in 4.52 and 4.53, but the QYS is my go to.
waiting on some backordered pellets but I'll post a heads up how my 97 shoots them.

TX200 #3.
Zeroed the scope with mil-dots at 10, 15 & 20 yards.
Wednesday I will finish it at Diablo.
TX200 #1 & #3 shoot at virtually the same speed with 8.64 H&N FTT…835fps/13.5fpe..
TX200 #2 almost 100fps faster/16.5fpe???
It couldn’t be the walnut stocks on #1-#3??
Nah!

View attachment 480129
Very nice!

Received a BSA METEOR GRT 177 used from AOA today. First shot in an old 20 cal hole in a used target. Shot again and hit beside the old hole. Using H&N FTT. Looks like I will investigate those further after a tin gets through it. There is an ultra light thumb print of rust over the word METEOR on top of the action. Might not even take more than an oiled cloth to clean it. Maybe not even shot by the original owner as it is still dieseling heavily. Perhaps some of the snort is the gas spring. Looks like a rebated muzzle on this one, looks factory though. Didn't look to be internally threaded. Needs scope, mounts and rings. Probably a Bug Buster initially. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.

How does the rifle stay on there? It looks like the balance point would be closer to the trigger guard.
Beautiful rifle!
That’s a soft rest on the tripod and that’s where it balanced. Other than that I guess it’s magic 🪄

I had another great shoot with the 97K this evening. The wind was light and manageable. The deer were grazing across the highway, and are not bothered with my shooting.

Screenshot_20240715_223142_Gallery.jpg

It's difficult to get this picture anyway, but the deer moved into the trees making them tougher to see.
I had the best shoot with regard to hit and misses that I've had with this rifle so far today.
My target array is in disrepair The Crazy Eight collapsed on round three as usual, and I shot most of the plastic bottles off of their strings leaving the 1/2" Fender washers behind as targets. I cut the string on one sending it to oblivion, and the other hung on till the end.

I shot some video of the end of the day.
There's nothing really to see unless you'd just like to come hang out. 👍

Last edited:
Shot my HW97 this morning. I started out with the AAs 10.3gr but couldnt get them to group well, I figured it was me not shooting springers all that well then I decited to try some H&N Field target 8.64gr. The first thing I noticed was a much tighter fit and after a few adjustments on the terrets I started to get some decent groups. The scattered shots were mostly the AA's and a few adjustments shots. These were 0'ed shot at 33yards and I was able to hit some 2 inch spinners pretty consistently @ 60 yards.

View attachment 479553

View attachment 479554

View attachment 479555
That rifle shown is the HW77, K?, but the 97 does not have sights. Nice gun I like my 77K and it shoots quite well, but is in 22 cal. I am trying to find a matching 177 in the limited edition green laminated stock, only because my first 77 was dressed that way, and I prefer to match them.

Today
was the first outing for the new HW30s! I was so impressed with the little HW50s I picked up last month, I had to see if everything the HW30 owners say is right. I'm pretty impressed for first outing,,,, but a bit confused? I wanted it to shoot the 7.3 grain Exact RS well and around 630 fps was my hopes. It's got to be answered prayer it shot 632.7 Average for 10 rounds!! But when I shot the Terminators at 7.2 grain it only shot 552.0 average? But the good thing was no change in point of impact! And for a brand new rifle shooting 10 shot groups of both inside a dime,,,, to me it's like winner winner, chicken dinner, or yum yum got me some!
20240716_123737[1].jpg
IMG_0910.JPG

Today
was the first outing for the new HW30s! I was so impressed with the little HW50s I picked up last month, I had to see if everything the HW30 owners say is right. I'm pretty impressed for first outing,,,, but a bit confused? I wanted it to shoot the 7.3 grain Exact RS well and around 630 fps was my hopes. It's got to be answered prayer it shot 632.7 Average for 10 rounds!! But when I shot the Terminators at 7.2 grain it only shot 552.0 average? But the good thing was no change in point of impact! And for a brand new rifle shooting 10 shot groups of both inside a dime,,,, to me it's like winner winner, chicken dinner, or yum yum got me some!
View attachment 480293View attachment 480294
Congrats

Today
View attachment 480293View attachment 480294
Does the slower pellet fit really tight, or loose compared to the faster pellet?