What springer did you shoot today?

Does the slower pellet fit really tight, or loose compared to the faster pellet?
Yes it fits tighter, the JSB are not tight all, but really have to push the Terminators in to seat. same with the dead down wadcutters from JST at 7.8 grains I just shot. Again a 10 shot group and identical POI as the JSB RS, but again very tight fitting, and 536 fps average. Ill post a group later.

Yes it fits tighter, the JSB are not tight all, but really have to push the Terminators in to seat. same with the dead down wadcutters from JST at 7.8 grains I just shot. Again a 10 shot group and identical POI as the JSB RS, but again very tight fitting, and 536 fps average. Ill post a group later.
You could try lubing them. I used to use ballistol to lube crosman premiers because they were tight and fouled my bore quickly. But you can't get any inside the skirt or it will diesel and or detonate. Or you could just shoot the looser fitting pellets..lol.

That rifle shown is the HW77, K?, but the 97 does not have sights. Nice gun I like my 77K and it shoots quite well, but is in 22 cal. I am trying to find a matching 177 in the limited edition green laminated stock, only because my first 77 was dressed that way, and I prefer to match them.
(You are correct 77k,) I dont know why I always thought it was the 97. It is .177 cal

You could try lubing them. I used to use ballistol to lube crosman premiers because they were tight and fouled my bore quickly. But you can't get any inside the skirt or it will diesel and or detonate. Or you could just shoot the looser fitting pellets..lol.
I won't lube pellets, no need! I am going to post my prep for using this gun. It goes against everything others tell you, copper brushes, solvents, polishing creams, and seasoning a barrel, done properly once,, your good to go, shooting quality premium pellets, that equals consistency.

20240716_171000[1].jpg

This all three pellets I tried today. I have some green H&N FTT Green coming, but the 7.4 grain are what this rifle will shoot.

I would suggest if you want to lube, many do, try some spray furniture wax, spray well, role them around in it, and then dry them in a toaster oven or air fryer at around 280* No diesel, and better lube. I'll season my barrel, and doubt I will ever clean, my older guns still shoot better than this gun and have 1000's of rounds thru them. Lastly, the last thing I will do is chase speed, for me, speed is a biproduct, and hardly ever efficient!

Today
was the first outing for the new HW30s! I was so impressed with the little HW50s I picked up last month, I had to see if everything the HW30 owners say is right. I'm pretty impressed for first outing,,,, but a bit confused? I wanted it to shoot the 7.3 grain Exact RS well and around 630 fps was my hopes. It's got to be answered prayer it shot 632.7 Average for 10 rounds!! But when I shot the Terminators at 7.2 grain it only shot 552.0 average? But the good thing was no change in point of impact! And for a brand new rifle shooting 10 shot groups of both inside a dime,,,, to me it's like winner winner, chicken dinner, or yum yum got me some!
View attachment 480293View attachment 480294
great little guns i have 2 both in .177 .

I won't lube pellets, no need! I am going to post my prep for using this gun. It goes against everything others tell you, copper brushes, solvents, polishing creams, and seasoning a barrel, done properly once,, your good to go, shooting quality premium pellets, that equals consistency.

View attachment 480326

This all three pellets I tried today. I have some green H&N FTT Green coming, but the 7.4 grain are what this rifle will shoot.

I would suggest if you want to lube, many do, try some spray furniture wax, spray well, role them around in it, and then dry them in a toaster oven or air fryer at around 280* No diesel, and better lube. I'll season my barrel, and doubt I will ever clean, my older guns still shoot better than this gun and have 1000's of rounds thru them. Lastly, the last thing I will do is chase speed, for me, speed is a biproduct, and hardly ever efficient!
Yeah I don't lube anymore either I was just suggesting it for you..lol. I've cleaned my barrels with Hoppes 9 and also have polished with JB bore paste. Now I just shoot, and when I think a cleaning will tighten my groups I use a Otis pull thru with 2.0" patches and ballistol and maybe some alcohol, followed by dry patches and it works fine for me.

I do wash and lube my pellets and cant prove it does anything but ... I never need to replace breech Orings and when I do clean the barrel its hardly dirty after 1000+ rounds. I use dish soap to wash and Napier power pellet lube (sparingly)
Well the crosman premiers I used to shoot in my 77K were the dirtiest pellets I've handled, depending on the die lot, I would wash and lube and it was a pain. Sold that gun and I don't shoot those pellets anymore.
JSB pellets are fairly clean, but still leave a dark residue on my loading thumb.
Today I shoot QYS pellets, and they are the cleanest most uniform pellet I've tried, and they group great in my 97K and prosport. I haven't bought any lately to see if they are still the same,
because I bought 14 tins awhile back and haven't gone thru them yet.

Well the crosman premiers I used to shoot in my 77K were the dirtiest pellets I've handled, depending on the die lot, I would wash and lube and it was a pain. Sold that gun and I don't shoot those pellets anymore.
JSB pellets are fairly clean, but still leave a dark residue on my loading thumb.
Today I shoot QYS pellets, and they are the cleanest most uniform pellet I've tried, and they group great in my 97K and prosport. I haven't bought any lately to see if they are still the same,
because I bought 14 tins awhile back and haven't gone thru them yet.
The black is lead, like graphite, its hard but its, well thats just from pure soft lead. I've cast bullets for my centerfires for decades, the softer I cast, the more of that I will experience. But they get lubed, and are cast harder, but need lube because of heat and over 1000 degrees pluse 10's of thousands of pounds of pressure involved when fired. Not so with an air powered pellet gun.

I am getting ready to post my prep for this new gun, mainly because nobody does, or at least I can't find it in a search. But at 70 years old this fall, I aint that savy with this PUTER CHIT! I am with bangers and twangers,,,,, (y)

Today I shot offhand at 30 yards with a XS25 and the TF89 both 22 and equipped with red dot sights.

The first five being better than the next. I then rested 5 minutes before shooting the TF89

I believe the first 5 are almost always the best. The fatigue of cocking and holding the rifle has something to do with it.

20240717_132702.jpg

20240717_125308.jpg

20240717_125904.jpg

20240717_132614.jpg

20240717_130500.jpg

20240717_131137.jpg

Today I shot offhand at 30 yards with a XS25 and the TF89 both 22 and equipped with red dot sights.

The first five being better than the next. I then rested 5 minutes before shooting the TF89

I believe the first 5 are almost always the best. The fatigue of cocking and holding the rifle has something to do with it.

View attachment 480581

View attachment 480583

View attachment 480584

View attachment 480585

View attachment 480586

View attachment 480587
Offhand isn't easy, looks good to me. What's the huge tree?

Today
was the first outing for the new HW30s! I was so impressed with the little HW50s I picked up last month, I had to see if everything the HW30 owners say is right. I'm pretty impressed for first outing,,,, but a bit confused? I wanted it to shoot the 7.3 grain Exact RS well and around 630 fps was my hopes. It's got to be answered prayer it shot 632.7 Average for 10 rounds!! But when I shot the Terminators at 7.2 grain it only shot 552.0 average? But the good thing was no change in point of impact! And for a brand new rifle shooting 10 shot groups of both inside a dime,,,, to me it's like winner winner, chicken dinner, or yum yum got me some!
View attachment 480293View attachment 480294

Great looking rifle, it's on my short list.

Great morning, a bit breezy but no humidity and cool temps. So I started busting my nuts eary! Even before the coffee was done, as well as some paper punching off the bench, and off hand out to 30 yards with the little girls.

The 50s got first whack at my nuts, after a half dozen I decided to try a few offhand at 22 and 25 yards. not a lot of challenge. So to the paper, trying to keep them in one hole, again not all that hard, but challenging with about a 5 to 100 mph breeze, thats calm for here in the Great Black Swamp!
20240718_081402[1].jpg

20240718_081348[1].jpg

Then I decided to get out the R10 hunting rifle for some Nut Bustin! this gun is crazy accurate tuned by John Thomas for the H&N FTT pellets in 177 cal at 925 fps.
20240718_081837[1].jpg
20240718_081810[1].jpg

But at 20 and 30 yards the hot tuned R10 is a bit boring, so I quickly brought out the 30s, proceeded to continue breaking this little rifle in. with just over 250 pellets thru it now it is getting better and better each time I shoot it. It has quickly become a rifle I will never part with!
20240718_081507[1].jpg
20240718_081546[1].jpg