What springer did you shoot today?

Shot my HW77 today @ 33yards on paper. This is my best group to date. H&N Field Target 8.64gr. Started at the bottom then worked up letf, right and finished at the top. All 5 shot groups.:)

21.jpg

Shot my HW77 today @ 33yards on paper. This is my best group to date. H&N Field Target 8.64gr. Started at the bottom then worked up letf, right and finished at the top. All 5 shot groups.:)

View attachment 480775
Nice top group.👌🏻 Usually take me 15 to 20 shots before I'm settled in to do some good groups.

The brown truck just brought this today...... 125th HW50 and the laminate looks even better in person

View attachment 480798
Super tempted to pick one up. I’ll hesitate and then they will be gone and I’ll be cryin’ ‘cause I didn’t get one when I had the chance.

This morning before Coffee, while weighting for it to brew, I decided to shoot my 34 T05 Diana. I haven't shot it for a while so I wanted to check it again with the pellets it likes, the H&N FTT in 177 at 8.4 grains. From my table at 20 yards to my Gallery. As usual it showed its preference over the AA 8.4 Diablo Field. I decided to do the same test with the R10, which has the opposite taste for the same pellets. The R10 allways throws fliers with the FTT's? I don't know why, but feed both their favorite and they both make me smile.
20240719_140240[1].jpg

20240719_090538[1].jpg

These are my hunting guns in 177 and always shoot well, in fairness the R10s favorite pellet the AA 8.4 group was me called that shot to the left, I knew when the trigger broke it was going left. The 34D always shoots the FTT better but it is one gun that shoots about 3/8 to the left off a bench, no matter how I hold it. all 5 shot groups except the FTT in the R10, and the 34 with the AA 8.4 I shot a sixth shot, but at 22 yards offhand to make sure it was still on for field use. It was and the FTT's were bustin nuts every shot at 25 yards.
20240719_090720[1].jpg

20240719_090745[1].jpg

Had to put a shot of the oldest airgun scope I own out there. This old Tasco Varmint 2-10x40 AO was a good one. It's been on three different Springers now and still does its job! I'd say a nearly 20 years old now, and still clear and holds it's zero well.

Good morning, now time to go mow!

This morning before Coffee, while weighting for it to brew, I decided to shoot my 34 T05 Diana. I haven't shot it for a while so I wanted to check it again with the pellets it likes, the H&N FTT in 177 at 8.4 grains. From my table at 20 yards to my Gallery. As usual it showed its preference over the AA 8.4 Diablo Field. I decided to do the same test with the R10, which has the opposite taste for the same pellets. The R10 allways throws fliers with the FTT's? I don't know why, but feed both their favorite and they both make me smile.
View attachment 480976
View attachment 480947

These are my hunting guns in 177 and always shoot well, in fairness the R10s favorite pellet the AA 8.4 group was me called that shot to the left, I knew when the trigger broke it was going left. The 34D always shoots the FTT better but it is one gun that shoots about 3/8 to the left off a bench, no matter how I hold it. all 5 shot groups except the FTT in the R10, and the 34 with the AA 8.4 I shot a sixth shot, but at 22 yards offhand to make sure it was still on for field use. It was and the FTT's were bustin nuts every shot at 25 yards.
View attachment 480966

View attachment 480967

Had to put a shot of the oldest airgun scope I own out there. This old Tasco Varmint 2-10x40 AO was a good one. It's been on three different Springers now and still does its job! I'd say a nearly 20 years old now, and still clear and holds it's zero well.

Good morning, now time to go mow!
How am I supposed to go and click a like when the last thing you say is, "It's time to go mow"?
:) 👍

How am I supposed to go and click a like when the last thing you say is, "It's time to go mow"?
:) 👍
If all I do is play, and no work, how do I know what I like the most? Besides that when I get done mowing, I have a full week of harvesting walnuts, thats fun, perfect job for the 17 cal. air guns, and don't need a ladder,,,,,,, (y)

Last edited:
I get to pickup the grandson at noon today after his football practice. Gotta a full schedule, including Cabelas, Bass Pro, and whatever a 14 year old wants to do for supper? Then tomorrow some range time, or fishing, his choice. But while having coffee I wondered how the little 30s would fair with the Beeman R10 or the 34 To5 Diana?
20240719_100004[1].jpg

Same seup as yesterdays, 20 yards 5 shots cold start. This little thing is the most underrated Springer out there!!
20240718_081507[1].jpg

Over 500 pellets thru it now, and I think she is broke in, I wont be doing any mods to this rifle, I think Weihrauch got it right from the get go!

Took a few moments before it got too dark outside and shot some steel eggs and chickens with the venerable R9 in .22 caliber. i love the sound of the pellets smacking steel!
View attachment 481436
Ah...the wood pile, I've cut and stacked enough wood and slabs to kill 5 men. If I never cut another stick of stove wood it will be too soon..lol.
We had three wood stoves in our house growing up, and according to my late father, you can never have enough wood cut and stacked.😝
The R9 is really nice to look at though.

Ah...the wood pile, I've cut and stacked enough wood and slabs to kill 5 men. If I never cut another stick of stove wood it will be too soon..lol.
We had three wood stoves in our house growing up, and according to my late father, you can never have enough wood cut and stacked.😝
The R9 is really nice to look at though.
your late father must have been a wise man