What springer did you shoot today?

A wonderful day. 74° shot one of my 105X and the XS25

20240723_150701.jpg

20240723_142641.jpg

Not really motivated to shoot today but I did grab a HW95 wearing and R9 stock and threw some 10.3 JSBs at a piece of cardboard. I was seated rested on a trigger stick. I must have been shooting at a longer distance previously. I brought it down 12 clicks to be on at 25 yards.

IMG_8045.jpeg
IMG_8046.jpeg
IMG_8047.jpeg

shot my 34 T05 and of course the HW30s, the 30's gets shot every day, so sweet and light, always on target. it just can't miss,,,,, a pic of the two showing apples and oranges. The 34 T05 may shoot a heavier pellet nearly 200 fps faster, as they are two completely different rifles, but one positive outcome,,, accurate to a fault!
20240723_125016[1].jpg

No it aint no springer, but I supply the air, and just have to share some luv every now and then, but more like 4 pumps today. My Vintage 392PA Steroid treated Crossman by Tim at Mach1 no more 9 or 12 pump shots, 4 pumps and I'm good for about 5,,, this is the rifle that makes you apreciate the little 30s!! But still a sweet shoot'n traditional air gun, no compressors, pumps, driers, filters, just cock it up, shoot, and grin!
20240723_092716[1].jpg

Last edited:
Crosman 120
1000000920.jpg

Steel compression tube and barrel, brass receiver.
Cleaned up and resealed to return it to service. I used a lighter valve spring and it reliably dumps 8 pumps now. I shimmed the hammer spring slightly and it will dump 10 pumps, but the breech sealing on these models is somewhat sketchy and it will blow some air back at you at 10 pumps. I may try to lap the bolt to the breech face for a better seal, but 8 pumps is actually enough to take care of business right now.
Smacks the will to live right out of a chipmunk with a 14gr. wadcutter, and the report is short and sharp. A great rifle to have fun with.

Sheridan supergrade A serial #207
1000000921.jpg

Was attempting to wait out a young groundhog in the back fence line, but got cut short by an incoming thunderstorm...... Popped a few into the backstop to verify the sights, and they are as constant as the North star.
After the reseal, it would retain a little air on 7 pumps. After close to a tin of .20s through it, it will reliably dump all 8 pumps. 670 fps with a 15.89 JSB ain't nothing to scoff at either. Running strong and dead reliable, I really treasure this rifle.
Water probably would not hurt it, but I didn't want to be the one to find out differently.

Professionally resealed by U.J. Backus, and it is truly the cats pajamas.

shot my 34 T05 and of course the HW30s, the 30's gets shot every day, so sweet and light, always on target. it just can't miss,,,,, a pic of the two showing apples and oranges. The 34 T05 may shoot a heavier pellet nearly 200 fps faster, as they are two completely different rifles, but one positive outcome,,, accurate to a fault!
View attachment 482439

No it aint no springer, but I supply the air, and just have to share some luv every now and then, but more like 4 pumps today. My Vintage 392PA Steroid treated Crossman by Tim at Mach1 no more 9 or 12 pump shots, 4 pumps and I'm good for about 5,,, this is the rifle that makes you apreciate the little 30s!! But still a sweet shoot'n traditional air gun, no compressors, pumps, driers, filters, just cock it up, shoot, and grin!
View attachment 482443
I like all 3

Today I received my 125th Anniversary HW97KT, mounted a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scope with UTG Pro rings...

YxrXHVd.jpeg

YEkpKMd.jpeg

...and, knowing the 1st shot would diesel the worst, I chronographed the first 21 shots....

USzOmI4.jpeg

...then subtracted the first shot, which resulted in a very decent Standard Deviation of 4 -- not bad for any gun, let alone one that's straight out of the box:

o9QhDL5.jpeg

Today I received my 125th Anniversary HW97KT, mounted a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scope with UTG Pro rings...

YxrXHVd.jpeg

YEkpKMd.jpeg

...and, knowing the 1st shot would diesel the worst, I chronographed the first 21 shots....

USzOmI4.jpeg

...then subtracted the first shot, which resulted in a very decent Standard Deviation of 4 -- not bad for any gun, let alone one that's straight out of the box:

o9QhDL5.jpeg
Stunning!

YxrXHVd.jpeg

YEkpKMd.jpeg

USzOmI4.jpeg

o9QhDL5.jpeg
Do I ever like that. Very nice. Crow