What springer did you shoot today?

Took a HW90 .25 for a ride. Love the sounds of the 90’s.
IMG_9215.jpeg

This next gun is just stupid accurate, HW97 .20
IMG_9214.jpeg
This one is a keeper. Crow

Today I received my 125th Anniversary HW97KT, mounted a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scope with UTG Pro rings...

YxrXHVd.jpeg

YEkpKMd.jpeg

...and, knowing the 1st shot would diesel the worst, I chronographed the first 21 shots....

USzOmI4.jpeg

...then subtracted the first shot, which resulted in a very decent Standard Deviation of 4 -- not bad for any gun, let alone one that's straight out of the box:

o9QhDL5.jpeg
She's nice man! I'm digging the stock and everything about it.

25cal dropping bombs...💣💣💣
It’s so accurate, same as the 97. I have a 90 and 80 in .25, not the same. Tried ordering a 98 in .25 but AOA says not available. Ordered a HW95 .25 in Walnut. Can’t wait.
‘Even though the slowest fps., the .25 spins the spinners more than the other 3 cal. Crow

I started selling off my PCP’s and will sell of the collection of pellets that don’t nake the grade with my TX200 .22.
I tried all I had. Amazingly, Crosman 15.3’s worked the best, and that’s convenient because I have about 6,000 of them.
I have not shot that rifle for about eight months, so I caught myself holding on a little too firmly initially. Modified my hold and was doing respectable at 25 and 30 yards.

Sheridan supergrade A serial #207
View attachment 482527

Was attempting to wait out a young groundhog in the back fence line, but got cut short by an incoming thunderstorm...... Popped a few into the backstop to verify the sights, and they are as constant as the North star.
After the reseal, it would retain a little air on 7 pumps. After close to a tin of .20s through it, it will reliably dump all 8 pumps. 670 fps with a 15.89 JSB ain't nothing to scoff at either. Running strong and dead reliable, I really treasure this rifle.
Water probably would not hurt it, but I didn't want to be the one to find out differently.

Professionally resealed by U.J. Backus, and it is truly the cats pajamas.
Mine.a 72 model with a Mac1 kit, is right at 700 fps with eight strokes, which was equal to the original 97K with one cock. The HW30 is just shy of the Sheridan at four strokes.
20230614_214826.jpg

Last edited:
Today I received my 125th Anniversary HW97KT, mounted a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scope with UTG Pro rings...

YxrXHVd.jpeg

YEkpKMd.jpeg

...and, knowing the 1st shot would diesel the worst, I chronographed the first 21 shots....

USzOmI4.jpeg

...then subtracted the first shot, which resulted in a very decent Standard Deviation of 4 -- not bad for any gun, let alone one that's straight out of the box:

o9QhDL5.jpeg
Beautiful 👍
Congratulations!

After a long layoff for mods my prosport is back online. Stock is cured pretty good, although I can still smell the tung oil. Anyway, after shooting several groups today at 40 yards off of the bog sticks I managed a good one, this was the smallest today.
IMG_7146.jpeg

The red dots are a 1/4" diameter. If you've never shot off of cross stick give it a try to really appreciate a small group..lol.
IMG_7149.jpeg

✌🏻

Tonite shot till 8;45, 78 F. today, but going down to 55 over nite. Shot my R9 .20. Another one of those guns that is special.
IMG_9236.jpeg

barely enough time to shoot the HW50 .22. The above rifle hogged most the time.
Feels like a heavier spring. Launching the .22 with a whack.
IMG_9237.jpeg
Almost finished a stone wall with stairs. Great day. Crow

Tonite shot till 8;45, 78 F. today, but going down to 55 over nite. Shot my R9 .20. Another one of those guns that is special. View attachment 483230
barely enough time to shoot the HW50 .22. The above rifle hogged most the time.
Feels like a heavier spring. Launching the .22 with a whack. View attachment 483231Almost finished a stone wall with stairs. Great day. Crow
Wow 55 deg, that's going to feel great.