What springer did you shoot today?

Last night took A few blacks for a run. First the HW80 .22. Love this long barrel. Makes it so much more manageable.
IMG_9258.jpeg
Gorgeous weather today. Put the work aside for an easy day. This HW50 has a plus Vortec spring for a little more juice.
IMG_9259.jpeg
This gun would be a fantastic rifle to carry in the woods. Also had a HW30 Black out. Crow

I took tin #9 down about 350 rounds this evening. It was a unique shoot today, even though it was the same ole same ole, 97K @ 75Y.
The 75Y target array is terminal condition. All the targets but two are lying in the bottom of the trap including the crazy eights.That leaves me with a medicine bottle and a 1/2" fender washer hanging on strings.
I targeted the washer with a bunch of hits when it got tangled with the bottle, setting up the unique shot.
Pretty as a picture the washer was directly in front of the bottle, I shot the washer and inserted it into the bottle. Now the bottle has two washers in it with a string sticking out of each end swinging like a hammock.
A bunch of shots later, the washer sticks out the side of bottle offering a nice shot. I shot the washer clean off the string spinning the bottle like a top. I finally dropped the last bottle and washer.
The only targets left on the 75 yard target are hanging stings. Lol. Time for maintenance.
The only Pic I took was of my scope settings.
20240728_200909.jpg

I am still only 1 click right, 1/4 moa from the scopes dead center, even after going to AoA and back for warranty, and a vortek kit.

Last edited:
I took tin #9 down about 350 rounds this evening. It was a unique shoot today, even though it was the same ole same ole, 97K @ 75Y.
The 75Y target array is terminal condition. All the targets but two are lying in the bottom of the trap including the crazy eights.That leaves me with a medicine bottle and a 1/2" fender washer hanging on strings.
I targeted the washer with a bunch of hits when it got tangled with the bottle, setting up the unique shot.
Pretty as a picture the washer was directly in front of the bottle, I shot the washer and inserted it into the bottle. Now the bottle has two washers in it with a string sticking out of each end swinging like a hammock.
A bunch of shots later, the washer sticks out the side of bottle offering a nice shot. I shot the washer clean off the string spinning the bottle like a top. I finally dropped the last bottle and washer.
The only targets left on the 75 yard target are hanging stings. Lol. Time for maintenance.
View attachment 483756
I am still only 1 click right, 1/4 moa from the scopes dead center, even after going to AoA and back for warranty, and a vortek kit.
That sounds like fun! And a great shot at 75 yards.

Been a while, and I sometimes think about selling the Diana 54 Air King Pro, AKA "Thee Hammer", spring power over 22 fpe. But then after I finally take time to shoot it, well, to be honest,,,, IT AINT GOING NOWHERE! Oh and neither is Carter the wonder dog seen in the second photo looking for what I was shooting after all them shots,,,, ;)
20240729_123310[1].jpg
20240729_123338[1].jpg

After 10 shots on the bottom target I shot another a 5 shot group on the top target, today is the first I shot it in about a month, so I adjusted down 8 clicks, and 2 clicks right on the AirMax 4-16x50 and shot 10 more, I'll call that zero'd, all at 20 yards. This thing is a hammer, with 740fps using the JSB Exact Heavies @ 18.1 grains and over 22 fpe. The second shot after adjusting went a pellet high, and I think another one did but not sure.
20240729_123634[1].jpg

So I thought Id shoot lighter weight rifle before getting busy, the old R10. One of my other never going anywhere rifles, and it is always dead on everytime I pick it up, and no change today,,, not a hammer but 917 fps with the 8.4 grain AA field pellets its my flattest shooting rifle, with nearly 16 fpe, it will get the job the done.
20240729_124118[1].jpg
20240729_124230[1].jpg

A little shaky this morning, about as bad a group as I ever shot with this rifle and only 5 shots, but the first two wear eyeball shots on ground squirrels. Probably why I shot the 54 first. That 54 I can shoot of a dead rest front and back, all my other rifles like the left hand under the forearm resting on the front bag, and don't like a rear rest at all.

Then the HW30's and 50s, they get shot every day every now and then through the day,both are perfect for inside 30 yards, the 54 and R10 shine their best when they get out beyond 35 yards.

i can walk out to your truck to see it , Fine with me . never handled one .
I shall endeavor to remember to bring it along.

I will spend the whole show answering questions about it, unless I leave it in the truck..:LOL:

Last edited:
Been a while, and I sometimes think about selling the Diana 54 Air King Pro, AKA "Thee Hammer", spring power over 22 fpe. But then after I finally take time to shoot it, well, to be honest,,,, IT AINT GOING NOWHERE! Oh and neither is Carter the wonder dog seen in the second photo looking for what I was shooting after all them shots,,,, ;)
View attachment 483833View attachment 483834

After 10 shots on the bottom target I shot another a 5 shot group on the top target, today is the first I shot it in about a month, so I adjusted down 8 clicks, and 2 clicks right on the AirMax 4-16x50 and shot 10 more, I'll call that zero'd, all at 20 yards. This thing is a hammer, with 740fps using the JSB Exact Heavies @ 18.1 grains and over 22 fpe. The second shot after adjusting went a pellet high, and I think another one did but not sure.
View attachment 483836

So I thought Id shoot lighter weight rifle before getting busy, the old R10. One of my other never going anywhere rifles, and it is always dead on everytime I pick it up, and no change today,,, not a hammer but 917 fps with the 8.4 grain AA field pellets its my flattest shooting rifle, with nearly 16 fpe, it will get the job the done.
View attachment 483845View attachment 483846

A little shaky this morning, about as bad a group as I ever shot with this rifle and only 5 shots, but the first two wear eyeball shots on ground squirrels. Probably why I shot the 54 first. That 54 I can shoot of a dead rest front and back, all my other rifles like the left hand under the forearm resting on the front bag, and don't like a rear rest at all.

Then the HW30's and 50s, they get shot every day every now and then through the day,both are perfect for inside 30 yards, the 54 and R10 shine their best when they get out beyond 35 yards.
Is the 54 accurate like that out at 50 yards? Probably is, just wondering if you've shot it that far. They are nice looking rifles.

View attachment 483756
I am still only 1 click right, 1/4 moa from the scopes dead center, even after going to AoA and back for warranty, and a vortex kit.
HW97 .20, doesn’t get much better. I can’t say I’be ever heard anyone complain about a .20 cal. rifle. Crow
Forgot to send earlier

HW97 .20, doesn’t get much better. I can’t say I’be ever heard anyone complain about a .20 cal. rifle. Crow
Forgot to send earlier
missed a R9 .20 at the show, must have walked past it a dozen times , A dealer saw it and bought on the spot ,
took it out back @ the range first , shot one time .

That sounds like fun! And a great shot at 75 yards.
Yes Sir it was a unexpected fun shoot.
The wind was at 0 most of the shoot with one episode of crazy then back to 0, then at dusk a slight breeze with 1/2 to 3/4" holdover and back to 0 to end the day.

Forgot to send earlier
Truth be told, I was Crowski inspired that purchase, although I had been looking at the 77 in .20 since the 90's as well as an HW30 for my daughter. I just needed a nudge. Thanks Crow. 👍

missed a R9 .20 at the show, must have walked past it a dozen times , A dealer saw it and bought on the spot ,
took it out back @ the range first , shot one time .
You’re making me weak in the knee. Was that the show north end of NY. ? Crow
Truth be told, I was Crowski inspired that purchase, although I had been looking at the 77 in .20 since the 90's as well as an HW30 for my daughter. I just needed a nudge. Thanks Crow. 👍
Another 5 minutes I going to ask you to stop talking that way. Your welcome. I know if you like yours 1/2 as much I like mine, you’ll be dancing with joy. Glad you like it. 🤝 Hope you get the 30.
I’m trying to not order a Walnut 97 .20. from AOA. They’re so nice. I would have got the 125 yr. 97. But they only come in .177 or .22. I want a .20 or a .25 cal. Story of my life. Crow

View attachment 483833View attachment 483834

View attachment 483836

View attachment 483845View attachment 483846

Then the HW30's and 50s, they get shot every day every now and then through the day,both are perfect for inside 30 yards, the 54 and R10 shine their best when they get out beyond 35 yards.I
That gun looks so sweet. Nice shooting. The R10 looks mighty sweet.
I don’t understand the gun. Never had it apart. I named mine The Tank. It hits like a sledgehammer with supreme accuracy.
A past member Odoyal always posted 100 yds. all day long. Took the bait and scored one. He was right. Crow

Is the 54 accurate like that out at 50 yards? Probably is, just wondering if you've shot it that far. They are nice looking rifles.
Like Crowski said, all the way to 100 yards. My best group out to 100 yards was 2.5" in 10 to 15 MPH winds, I had to hold about a foot to the left in a right to left wind, with wind flags. But on a calm day I've shot a lot of 50 yard groups under a dime. Pop cans are boring inside of 50 yards!

But Tank, Big Bertha, The Hammer, all fitting names for the big 54, it is heavy, mine in the picture is right around 12#! Definitely more fun on the bench than offhand. My HW77K is more accurate offhand, but on the bench, it quickly takes a back seat to the 54! It will hang with a PCP at least to 50 yards, outshooting many.

Been thinking about shooting an air rifle all day. Just hasn’t happened yet. It’s wet out right now and almost dinner time so maybe later?
Here‘s a picture just to keep you occupied for a moment.

1. Squirrel at the park today
2. Last thing a squirrel sees when hunted
3. One of those air rifles that should have NEVER sold 😕

IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_7544.jpeg

IMG_0469.jpeg

I just beat my Crazy Eight record! 9 for 9 @ 75y.
The Crazy 8 wasn't functioning so after shooting it a bunch of times I walked down and had a look. Yup they were backwards.
It was just at the edge of to dark to find my cross hair.
20240729_201906.jpg

The deer were out earlier.
20240729_195607.jpg20240729_195618.jpg

I dug yesterday's targets out of the pellet trap before I started.
20240729_191838.jpg

20240729_191940.jpg

I just beat my Crazy Eight record! 9 for 9 @ 75y.
The Crazy 8 wasn't functioning so after shooting it a bunch of times I walked down and had a look. Yup they were backwards.
It was just at the edge of to dark to find my cross hair.
View attachment 483965

The deer were out earlier.
View attachment 483966View attachment 483967

I dug yesterday's targets out of the pellet trap before I started.
View attachment 483969

View attachment 483971
If you put a light down there on your target you can shoot in the dark. I shot one of my best groups with the prosport in the dark one Fri night, almost a 1/4" 5 shot group shooting off the sticks. Usually no wind at all.