What springer did you shoot today?

Later this evening I topped the .22 cal HW30S with a Beeman Blue Ribbon 2-7X scope. It was too dark and I didn’t have any time to begin sighting it in. Possibly tomorrow. I’m thinking a nice Leupold 3-9x33 efr would be a nice scope for this little gem 💎
Beeman Blue Ribbon 2-7X scope , perfect !

.22 cal HW30S. I should scope this little gem sometime. I have the feeling that it would stack the 14.66 FTTs all day long.

This is five shots at 20 yards with the irons.

I also added a couple pictures for those guys that are interested in the pellet pouches that you see pictured often with my spring guns.

Shoot true my friends! 🎯

View attachment 484323View attachment 484324View attachment 484326View attachment 484327View attachment 484325
As for the scoping part, why bother. Oh nice flower pic.

As for the scoping part, why bother. Oh nice flower pic.
Too late! I scoped it last night and sighted it this AM. I am wanting something new and I have never scoped this rifle previously so I hoping that adding this scope will make it feel like I have a new rifle and scratch that itch. Also I think this rifle is really accurate and I hope to see if my assumption is correct and the scope should help me know that, I hope. 😎🤠
IMG_8130.jpeg

TX200 #3

My friend in Kansas bought a TX200 in 2013 and recently (two years ago) he broke the cocking shoe.
He couldn’t get the replacement to go in.
His wife died two months ago so he sent me the rifle (in parts).
I had it together in about two minutes.
Two weeks ago it stopped working. It would not cock at all.
I was received many suggestions from local tuners.
The last (and correct one) came from the great and powerful (no, not OZ), Motörhead.
He told me to unscrew the piston stem a full turn and try it.
Of course another tuner told me to make it flush with the seal end of the piston and loc-tite it in.
“Red or blue?”
“Doesn’t matter.”
This morning I had to use vice grips on the stem and a pipe wrench on the piston to break the loc-tite (red) loose.
I didn’t monitor how many rotations I made but it looks like about 2-3 threads.
I put everything back together (for the 15-20th time) and tried it out.
Whoopee!!!
My friend in Kansas gave me the rifle (with a walnut stock which I moved to another rifle while working on this one) and I know he had had it for 12 years, so I purchased another AA Factory (FAC) rebuild kit for it.

(I have the same kit in my 11 year old TX (TX#1) which has seen 60,000 pellets down the barrel.)

So after breakfast I put a 2-7X Hawke Vantage (The only one I have and not using) on the rifle, sighted it in and touched off about 100+ of 4.52mm 8.64 H&N FTT pellets.
(I do not know if the Vantage is springer rated.)

The speed is a bit slow but should improve to around 13-14fpe after the spring breaks in like TX#1.

It is tangy and re-fines that word and is in dire need of a DELRIN spring follower and top hat.

I will put a few more coats of BLO on the beech stock that is n the rifle now and shoot it Sunday at offhand silly wet.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_2686.png

IMG_2684.jpeg

Too late! I scoped it last night and sighted it this AM. I am wanting something new and I have never scoped this rifle previously so I hoping that adding this scope will make it feel like I have a new rifle and scratch that itch. Also I think this rifle is really accurate and I hope to see if my assumption is correct and the scope should help me know that, I hope. 😎🤠
View attachment 484786
The scope should help wring out all the accuracy I think.

Later this evening I topped the .22 cal HW30S with a Beeman Blue Ribbon 2-7X scope. It was too dark and I didn’t have any time to begin sighting it in. Possibly tomorrow. I’m thinking a nice Leupold 3-9x33 efr would be a nice scope for this little gem 💎
If anyone has a clue where to get one, I lost a turret cap off of a Beeman Blue Ribbon scope

20240607_212416.jpg

Shot a few times between the rain drops , HW 30 .177
looking out the window i see it's not raining , turn around pick a gun and a tin from the rack , open the door and it is raining so hard i cant see the lake , come back in and the rain stops a few minutes later . the whole day !

Shot a few times between the rain drops , HW 30 .177
looking out the window i see it's not raining , turn around pick a gun and a tin from the rack , open the door and it is raining so hard i cant see the lake , come back in and the rain stops a few minutes later . the whole day !
I think that's going to happen here this weekend

Shooting my 45 year old 766 today, but was rained out before I could shoot a group at 40 yards or shoot my prosport, was going to try some 7.33 and 8.44 jsbs today. Anyway, mine is the 2nd variant with the tapered steel barrel sleeve, manufactured 11 / 1979, and I'm thinking I got it that Christmas.
Many years later I tore it apart and rebuilt and did modifications so it was using all the air and seal up any leaks. Last time I chronied it, it was shooting a 7.33 jsb at 700fps with 10 pumps and it dumps all the air in the chamber.
IMG_7159.jpeg

Here's a look at the o-ring prob I machined for it...
IMG_7164.jpeg

It didn't have this 4X Tasco scope on it till years after I first got, we had to shoot open sights back then..lol. Many squirrels fell dead with this pumper.
IMG_7165.jpeg

When the weather lets up I'll see if it will group at 40 yards off the sticks...
✌🏻