What springer did you shoot today?

It's fixing to heat back up again,..but we've had some good weather this week and it's nice and cool in the evenings. Mowed some grass...then sent some .177 down range through my Diana 46.

View attachment 490416
Beautiful air rifle! 🤩

No shooting today. Going to a Rainiers game tonight. Just to keep you folks filled with spring gun love, I ordered one of these. It was a weak moment…

Anyone here with Cometa spring gun experiences? Good? Bad?

View attachment 489954

I received a tracking # for this today. It’s shows delivery this coming Wednesday. ⏱️⏱️⏱️

It's fixing to heat back up again,..but we've had some good weather this week and it's nice and cool in the evenings. Mowed some grass...then sent some .177 down range through my Diana 46.

View attachment 490416

I have a .177 46E that is a sweetheart.
It has served long duty on chipmunks around the property, always delivers, and just does not shift zero.

Great looking rifle!

I have a .177 46E that is a sweetheart.
It has served long duty on chipmunks around the property, always delivers, and just does not shift zero.

Great looking rifle!

Thanks,..mine was bought second hand I guess 8 or 10 years ago now. It was my first one, I didn't grow up shootin these as a kid (I'm 49). You know how it goes,..,,,,I've added a few more since then and continue to here and there. The 46 is still the one I grab quite often. English Sparrows hate her.

That stock is smoking hot man, it really sets that R9 apart from the crowd!

90% of my targets are Sharpie dots on sheets of copy paper. If I am trying to be Mr. Fancystuff I draw 1 inch crosses and get 5 aiming points. It usually just turns into a big 1 inch hole chewed out, but hey, it's still fun!
Thanks Chuck! 👊🏼

It’s easy to just cut some boxes up and draw dots on them. I just toss them in the recycling bins when I’m done. Cheap, easy and satisfying

Ive drawn the crosses too but never thought to use each end and the intersection as the aim point. I’ll try that next time. 🙏🏼

I think fun is the key for us here on AGN. Benchrest, steel, ELR, hunting, plinking. Doesn't matter the discipline.... Or none at all, just shoot or collect, or make custom parts. Do it. Remember N+1=the number of airguns you should own. N=the number you now have. And
as always a prayer for all, Be Well Brothers, Bandito ( for Brothers or Sisters )

Last edited:
I think fun is the key for us here on AGN. Benchrest, steel, ELR, hunting, plinking. Doesn't matter the discipline.... Or none at all, just shoot or collect, or make custom parts. Do it. And
as always a prayer for all, Be Well Brothers, Bandito ( for Brothers or Sisters )
Yes, all aspects of the hobby/sport/activity can be satisfying. Be well Bandito!

58° drizzling rain overcast. So I decided to shoot a couple of 105X .25 side by side. One is a spring-piston with dot. The other is a gas ram. It's the first time I've shot them side by side just for fun.

20240823_113947~2.jpg

58° drizzling rain overcast. So I decided to shoot a couple of 105X .25 side by side. One is a spring-piston with dot. The other is a gas ram. It's the first time I've shot them side by side just for fun.

View attachment 490502
Enjoy, back to the 90's here next week.😭😭

same here back into the 90 next week but today it was a very pleasant 83 and sunny . Shot HW97 .177 this gun likes 1/2 inch spinners @ 48 yards , juat kept flipping that spinner 4 or 5 times around and around ,each shot.
then shot the CMP 853 SSP with the new post front tight instead of a circle front sight , @ 16 meters a splater target ended up with a ,347 CTC hole in it .
Fun rifle .

same here back into the 90 next week but today it was a very pleasant 83 and sunny . Shot HW97 .177 this gun likes 1/2 inch spinners @ 48 yards , juat kept flipping that spinner 4 or 5 times around and around ,each shot.
then shot the CMP 853 SSP with the new post front tight instead of a circle front sight , @ 16 meters a splater target ended up with a ,347 CTC hole in it .
Fun rifle .
Fall is close by, just not close enough. Yes the 97K is probably my favorite piston gun, deadly accurate. 48 yards 1/2" is putting them in there.

45 year old 766 out again today. I tried several more pellets, FTT 8.64, AA 7.87, H&N sniper 8.5,
AA falcon 7.33. Out of these the Falcons were best with Snipers coming in second.
40 yards rested with Hawke Vantage 2-7X32 on 7 power. I'm learning that with this trigger you have to pull through, no squeezing or it throws a wild shot.
Here's the best 3 groups with the Falcons. Group #3 was going good then I threw to wild shots to the right..lol, so only 3 pellets in group #3.
IMG_7238.jpeg

This 766 is completely different from shooting springers, but I'm improving little by little. Another thing is the rifling in this barrel is microscopic, so I'm sure that doesn't help, crown is good though.✌🏻
IMG_7222.jpeg