What springer did you shoot today?

Today's groups at 40 yards with the prosport. I re zeroed off the bags because I'm going to shoot this way for a while and give the sticks a rest. I'm going to take it to the range and see what it will do at a 100 yards, so I need to get zeroed good on the bags.
IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_7258.jpeg

✌🏻

Yes "not much winter " is exactly why i moved here .
I’m looking forward to the winter, because I shoot almost every day 2-4 hours. I’m lucky to get 4 hours a week in summer, always going.
Night shooting in winter is the best. You can see where your misses go.
As long as there’s no wind.
Crow

Two rifles, the same thing , only different. A HW50 .22 cal. 125 Anniversary.
IMG_9538.jpeg
Still not broken in but getting sweet. And a HW50 .22 with a Vortek spring .
IMG_9539.jpeg
Man o man what a difference. Love this gun.
Had my rod and reel sniffing for the fatties just before the sun went down. Only fish sun rise or sun down.
IMG_9543.jpeg
You can feel a fish pass wind with this rod. Crow

Two rifles, the same thing , only different. A HW50 .22 cal. 125 Anniversary.View attachment 491195Still not broken in but getting sweet. And a HW50 .22 with a Vortek spring . View attachment 491196Man o man what a difference. Love this gun.
Had my rod and reel sniffing for the fatties just before the sun went down. Only fish sun rise or sun down. View attachment 491197You can feel a fish pass wind with this rod. Crow
Loomis makes nice rods, I still have 4 for bait casters, but I don't fish anymore..lol. 🐟🐠

Two rifles, the same thing , only different. A HW50 .22 cal. 125 Anniversary.View attachment 491195Still not broken in but getting sweet. And a HW50 .22 with a Vortek spring . View attachment 491196Man o man what a difference. Love this gun.
Had my rod and reel sniffing for the fatties just before the sun went down. Only fish sun rise or sun down. View attachment 491197You can feel a fish pass wind with this rod. Crow
That red and black laminate is so purdy! 🤩

Finally enjoying the Hw77K I picked up a couple weeks ago. Had a broken spring. it's finally being enjoyed with my choice of accessories, still need a sling swivel set for it. But after these initial groups, It is really starting to shoot now with over 300 rounds on it, it's finally setteling down and starting to drive tacks.
20240827_082737[2].jpg

This was right out of the gate with the new spring kit in it. Today it has cut those groups nearly in half!
20240819_191542[1].jpg

This week is early shooting with the heat index in the 105+ range, and that fabulous tropical humidity,,,,, but it's ready with squirrel season less than a week away! So no more whole Walnuts, all offhand at 20 to 30 yards and just just pieces of half the hull's, head shots are assured in the coming week,,,, (y) This 77 in 177 is boringly accurate!
20240826_104330[1].jpg
20240826_104320[1].jpg

My targets of opertunity till then.

Finally enjoying the Hw77K I picked up a couple weeks ago. Had a broken spring. it's finally being enjoyed with my choice of accessories, still need a sling swivel set for it. But after these initial groups, It is really starting to shoot now with over 300 rounds on it, it's finally setteling down and starting to drive tacks.
View attachment 491606

This was right out of the gate with the new spring kit in it. Today it has cut those groups nearly in half!
View attachment 491605

This week is early shooting with the heat index in the 105+ range, and that fabulous tropical humidity,,,,, but it's ready with squirrel season less than a week away! So no more whole Walnuts, all offhand at 20 to 30 yards and just just pieces of half the hull's, head shots are assured in the coming week,,,, (y) This 77 in 177 is boringly accurate!
View attachment 491609View attachment 491610

My targets of opertunity till then.
That cocking handle is sharp! 🤩 (bReTt on GTA)

That cocking handle is sharp! 🤩 (bReTt on GTA)
Rowan handle, have on on my 97K and had on the sold 77K. I found the set screws need to be filed or ground down some so they don't protrude and bite your hand. I like the Rowan stuff, nice trigger blades as well.

Rowan handle, have on on my 97K and had on the sold 77K. I found the set screws need to be filed or ground down some so they don't protrude and bite your hand. I like the Rowan stuff, nice trigger blades as well.
I noticed when I got mine there were some changes as pictured on their website. First thing I noticed was they no longer use two grub screws on the bottom in line with each other. Mine came with two on opposite sides near the front, and one on the bottom at the rear. I also didn't have a problem with them protruding, so maybe these were all issues they've been made aware of by others.

I have a now no longer available model on my LE 77K in 22 cal. from The Field Target Shop, it was a flattened checkered and black anodized. It was what I wanted but their website says temporarily suspended???

Now that I have the Rowen, I like it better. First thing I noticed is it has a larger diameter, and was noticeably better feeling. I'm sure this is preferential to individuals, but when measured it was only .030" larger, but it feels bigger and I like that.

Some better pictures to show the mounting screws. Just wonder how yours is mounted bustachip? Did you notice a difference from the pictures representing them on the Rowen sight?
20240827_081531[1].jpg
20240827_081614[1].jpg

One good thing about these last hot days are they are dead still in the evening, unlike the fall when the wind starts to blow all the time, up until it's dead winter and more still evening..lol.
Today more bench rest shooting, but something different today, no forend contact with my left hand. I usually always hold the forend with my left hand, today I tried it like I shoot a PB just rear bag hold.
IMG_7265.jpeg

# 7 was best group today, # 8 started great, but I flubbed the last two shots.😭 I also had my little buddy scoring my target, he said I need more practice.lol.
IMG_7267.jpeg

IMG_7271.jpeg

✌🏻