What springer did you shoot today?

I noticed when I got mine there were some changes as pictured on their website. First thing I noticed was they no longer use two grub screws on the bottom in line with each other. Mine came with two on opposite sides near the front, and one on the bottom at the rear. I also didn't have a problem with them protruding, so maybe these were all issues they've been made aware of by others.

I have a now no longer available model on my LE 77K in 22 cal. from The Field Target Shop, it was a flattened checkered and black anodized. It was what I wanted but their website says temporarily suspended???

Now that I have the Rowen, I like it better. First thing I noticed is it has a larger diameter, and was noticeably better feeling. I'm sure this is preferential to individuals, but when measured it was only .030" larger, but it feels bigger and I like that.

Some better pictures to show the mounting screws. Just wonder how yours is mounted bustachip? Did you notice a difference from the pictures representing them on the Rowen sight?
View attachment 491681View attachment 491682
Mine is the same as yours. but I did have to grind off the backs of the set screws to get them just below flush.
IMG_7084.jpeg

I wish I would've bought them years ago. I also have the trigger guard and black "flat" set back trigger on my 97K, as well as prosport.

I've done this test before but I did it again this evening. JSB Exact vs QYS in my prosport. I shot the JSB's first both 8.44 with 4.52 and 4.53 head sizes, then the QYS 8.48 last. And wasn't surprised by the QYS smallest group today.
My usual 40 yards 5- shot groups benched.
The Exact 4.52's came in second.
IMG_7273.jpeg

IMG_7274.jpeg

✌🏻

NGD! (new gun day)

UPS delivered a new springer from KeystoneAirguns today, the COMETA 300.

We have about 100 shots through it so far and it’s smoothing out nicely. It’s hits solid and true.

I like the way the safety works. It’s a looooong gun made from wood and steel with a little bit of plastic. Trigger blade is metal. Out of the box it was a solid THUnk when fired. Once the sights were adjusted its spitting the 8.4 JSBs out very accurately. If these guns hold up to 1000s of shots they will prove to be a good value in an air rifle.

IMG_8489.jpeg
IMG_8479.jpeg
IMG_8481.jpeg
IMG_8480.jpeg
IMG_8488.jpeg

I've done this test before but I did it again this evening. JSB Exact vs QYS in my prosport. I shot the JSB's first both 8.44 with 4.52 and 4.53 head sizes, then the QYS 8.48 last. And wasn't surprised by the QYS smallest group today.
My usual 40 yards 5- shot groups benched.
The Exact 4.52's came in second.
View attachment 491904
View attachment 491905
✌🏻
Busta, why you gotta show me those groups with those QYS pellets? Now imma gonna hafta get some and try them for myself and if I do and they shoot better than the JSBs that I’m already stocked up on imma gonna hafta getta whole bunch more. 💸💸💸

Great shooting by the way! You are setting the standard high for the rest of us (at least for me anyway)

One good thing about these last hot days are they are dead still in the evening, unlike the fall when the wind starts to blow all the time, up until it's dead winter and more still evening..lol.
Today more bench rest shooting, but something different today, no forend contact with my left hand. I usually always hold the forend with my left hand, today I tried it like I shoot a PB just rear bag hold.View attachment 491683
# 7 was best group today, # 8 started great, but I flubbed the last two shots.😭 I also had my little buddy scoring my target, he said I need more practice.lol.
View attachment 491684
View attachment 491685
✌🏻
Cute cat!

Busta, why you gotta show me those groups with those QYS pellets? Now imma gonna hafta get some and try them for myself and if I do and they shoot better than the JSBs that I’m already stocked up on imma gonna hafta getta whole bunch more. 💸💸💸

Great shooting by the way! You are setting the standard high for the rest of us (at least for me anyway)
Same here, I've got at least 10K JSB's that I rarely ever touch..lol. I'm down to the last 4K QYS pellets, so I'm thinking of buying more. PA has a 11% off right now with free shipping over $150, I'm temped.😝 I also haven't tried the AA 8.44 and a couple of others...

NGD! (new gun day)

UPS delivered a new springer from KeystoneAirguns today, the COMETA 300.

We have about 100 shots through it so far and it’s smoothing out nicely. It’s hits solid and true.

I like the way the safety works. It’s a looooong gun made from wood and steel with a little bit of plastic. Trigger blade is metal. Out of the box it was a solid THUnk when fired. Once the sights were adjusted its spitting the 8.4 JSBs out very accurately. If these guns hold up to 1000s of shots they will prove to be a good value in an air rifle.

View attachment 491926View attachment 491925View attachment 491929View attachment 491927View attachment 491928
Ya gotta love it when the brown truck pulls up.
They always bring awesome stuff to your front door.

Ran the best 5 pellets again thru the 177 77K, it sure likes the 8.4 grain AA field diablos,,,left to right all 10 shot groups, all 22 yards. H&N FTT 8.64, Norma 9.1 heavy field, QIANG YUAN domed 8.48 grn, JSB EXACT 8.4grn, and AA field diablo 8.4 grn,
1000002806.jpg

I like my 77K In 22 cal, but this 177 is gaining favor, if I could just find my buttons, if I buttoned this piston, I think it would be as smooth as my 22 cal.
1000002793.jpg

I

Ran the best 5 pellets again thru the 177 77K, it sure likes the 8.4 grain AA field diablos,,,left to right all 10 shot groups, all 22 yards. H&N FTT 8.64, Norma 9.1 heavy field, QIANG YUAN domed 8.48 grn, JSB EXACT 8.4grn, and AA field diablo 8.4 grn,View attachment 492255
I like my 77K In 22 cal, but this 177 is gaining favor, if I could just find my buttons, if I buttoned this piston, I think it would be as smooth as my 22 cal.
View attachment 492257
I
AA8.44's✅