What springer did you shoot today?

Hey Sean, how do you like the HW45? I have had a long desire for one of these pistols but I always talk myself out of purchasing one.

I hope that 97 is shooting well for ya. I miss it! 🤠
I really like the HW 45 but I gotta get used to shooting it, it’s not easy shooting a pistol lol and yes, I still shoot your HW97 that I got from you, super super accurate, one of my more smooth shooting springers 👍🏼😊

Hey Sean, how do you like the HW45? I have had a long desire for one of these pistols but I always talk myself out of purchasing one.

I hope that 97 is shooting well for ya. I miss it! 🤠
IMG_3378.jpeg

Yah Brett your old HW97K is absolutely amazing, shoots straight and it shoots hard with plenty power from the 10.34 grain pellets, great recommendation that’s the only pellets I shoot out of it and this is in . 20 cal R9 and is a joy to shoot also! Thanks again! ALOHA!🤙🏽

Yah Brett your old HW97K is absolutely amazing, shoots straight and it shoots hard with plenty power from the 10.34 grain pellets, great recommendation that’s the only pellets I shoot out of it and this is in . 20 cal R9 and is a joy to shoot also! Thanks again! ALOHA!🤙🏽

IMG_2717.jpeg

A quick session at a lasered 31.5 meters with the 98 this evening yielded 5 shots that fit under a nickel. The paint splatter on the steel makes groups look larger so I'm pretty sure they would have fit under a penny. It was right before final dark but between the large white spinner and the excellent glass of the Leupold at 8X it was simple.

For the purposes that I intend to use this 98 I don't like how high the rail sets my scope. Everything else about it I like...I just don't like the height and length. If this was primarily a target shooting setup than it might be fine...but I find the ideal PBR to be difficult to achieve with this setup. Currently, zero is at 20 meters and 40 meters, approximately. At 50 meters its almost exactly 1 mil low and at 30 meters its about .3 mils high. There is just too much elevation variation there for a comfortable hunting experience. I intend to throw on a droop compensating BKL-260D7 one piece mount and see how I like that. Previous experience tells me that with that lower mount a 20 meter zero should give me zero at roughly 30 meters also...giving me a dead-on hold(PBR) from about 15m-35m(there must be no more than 1 cm deviation from LOS to meet my criteria of PBR)...absolutely deadly for any kind of small game hunting. Running on 4X(which needs no parallax/focusing correction) it is a lethal point and shoot combo with no adjustments needed unless its uber close(hold under as necessary) or past that 35 meters at which point there should be time to range, dial, adjust, etc....

The BKL mount arrives early next week...stay tuned for pics of "switched off" squirrels sometime before too long!
IMG_2254.jpeg
IMG_2253.jpeg
IMG_2252.jpeg
PS...we already "switched off" a fat starling the other day during a plinking session. This is probably the easiest springer to shoot well I've ever owned. It is also easily the most ergonomical and cosmetically pleasing. I'm ecstatic

Last edited:
Finally caught a afternoon with very little wind, so off to the range I go, nobody on the 100 yard range at 6:00pm, sweet. I shot 20, five shot groups with the prosport before dark, these are the best groups out of those, managed to get one under a inch today. Most averaged around 1.5" some bigger some smaller.
IMG_7310.jpeg

IMG_7317.jpeg

I noticed the trigger pull is way more critical at 100 compared to 40 yards..lol. And if I did it right the pellets would touch or really close. If I did it wrong the pellet would land a inch or more from the main group, or not group as tight.
IMG_7319.jpeg
IMG_7321.jpeg

IMG_7322.jpeg

IMG_7323.jpeg

IMG_7320.jpeg

I will keep trying for a really small group, I think it helps with my PB shooting as well.
IMG_7311.jpeg

✌🏻

Finally caught a afternoon with very little wind, so off to the range I go, nobody on the 100 yard range at 6:00pm, sweet. I shot 20, five shot groups with the prosport before dark, these are the best groups out of those, managed to get one under a inch today. Most averaged around 1.5" some bigger some smaller.
View attachment 494376
View attachment 494378
I noticed the trigger pull is way more critical at 100 compared to 40 yards..lol. And if I did it right the pellets would touch or really close. If I did it wrong the pellet would land a inch or more from the main group, or not group as tight.
View attachment 494379View attachment 494380
View attachment 494381
View attachment 494382
View attachment 494383
I will keep trying for a really small group, I think it helps with my PB shooting as well.
View attachment 494384
✌🏻
IMG_2275.jpeg

A quick session at a lasered 31.5 meters with the 98 this evening yielded 5 shots that fit under a nickel. The paint splatter on the steel makes groups look larger so I'm pretty sure they would have fit under a penny. It was right before final dark but between the large white spinner and the excellent glass of the Leupold at 8X it was simple.

For the purposes that I intend to use this 98 I don't like how high the rail sets my scope. Everything else about it I like...I just don't like the height and length. If this was primarily a target shooting setup than it might be fine...but I find the ideal PBR to be difficult to achieve with this setup. Currently, zero is at 20 meters and 40 meters, approximately. At 50 meters its almost exactly 1 mil low and at 30 meters its about .3 mils high. There is just too much elevation variation there for a comfortable hunting experience. I intend to throw on a droop compensating BKL-260D7 one piece mount and see how I like that. Previous experience tells me that with that lower mount a 20 meter zero should give me zero at roughly 30 meters also...giving me a dead-on hold(PBR) from about 15m-35m(there must be no more than 1 cm deviation from LOS to meet my criteria of PBR)...absolutely deadly for any kind of small game hunting. Running on 4X(which needs no parallax/focusing correction) it is a lethal point and shoot combo with no adjustments needed unless its uber close(hold under as necessary) or past that 35 meters at which point there should be time to range, dial, adjust, etc....

The BKL mount arrives early next week...stay tuned for pics of "switched off" squirrels sometime before too long!
View attachment 494367View attachment 494368View attachment 494374PS...we already "switched off" a fat starling the other day during a plinking session. This is probably the easiest springer to shoot well I've ever owned. It is also easily the most ergonomical and cosmetically pleasing. I'm ecstatic
Beautiful 👍🏼😎

Been busy finishing my project (now on lower pond) of 6 years. So close. Had time to shoot my R7 .177.
IMG_9640.jpeg
This gun is as easy as bending your finger. Have 4 HW30’s and one on the way. They’re all fantastic shooters. Would like an older Beeman or 2 or 3, some day. Can’t wait to get shooting in my daily routine. High temp. today 55F. Crow

Been busy finishing my project (now on lower pond) of 6 years. So close. Had time to shoot my R7 .177. View attachment 494482This gun is as easy as bending your finger. Have 4 HW30’s and one on the way. They’re all fantastic shooters. Would like an older Beeman or 2 or 3, some day. Can’t wait to get shooting in my daily routine. High temp. today 55F. Crow
Perfect weather, don't miss it.

Hot as usual down here in reptile land, sweat just sitting in the shade but winter is coming soon:)
Sand dwellers, different kind of people..lol.
Hey it can get unbearable in NC too, humidity is awful, ticks, snakes, spiders, skeeters. But no giant lizards. I got a buddy that lives in SC, I call him a sand dweller, he has to deal with armadillos tearing up his yard..lol, he says the HW50 will make them sleepy. I think we on the back side now, so cooler days are coming, but also the wind will pick up as the cooler north air comes in.