What springer did you shoot today?

Been busy finishing my project (now on lower pond) of 6 years. So close. Had time to shoot my R7 .177. View attachment 494482This gun is as easy as bending your finger. Have 4 HW30’s and one on the way. They’re all fantastic shooters. Would like an older Beeman or 2 or 3, some day. Can’t wait to get shooting in my daily routine. High temp. today 55F. Crow
That beautiful scenery is very distracting, not to mention the trim around the window. It's hard to look at the gun

Sand dwellers, different kind of people..lol.
Hey it can get unbearable in NC too, humidity is awful, ticks, snakes, spiders, skeeters. But no giant lizards. I got a buddy that lives in SC, I call him a sand dweller, he has to deal with armadillos tearing up his yard..lol, he says the HW50 will make them sleepy. I think we on the back side now, so cooler days are coming, but also the wind will pick up as the cooler north air comes in.
South East Louisiana is crazy for shooting this time of year. I have hair dryer on my bench! What ever could a hair dryer be for in this heat?
It's to dry the sweat off of my gun, scope, and lenses. I have to keep my guns in a hot area to prevent them from sweating in the heat of the real La.
I use the .30 cal to put the armadillos to sleep.
😃👍

Finally caught a afternoon with very little wind, so off to the range I go, nobody on the 100 yard range at 6:00pm, sweet. I shot 20, five shot groups with the prosport before dark, these are the best groups out of those, managed to get one under a inch today. Most averaged around 1.5" some bigger some smaller.
View attachment 494376
View attachment 494378
I noticed the trigger pull is way more critical at 100 compared to 40 yards..lol. And if I did it right the pellets would touch or really close. If I did it wrong the pellet would land a inch or more from the main group, or not group as tight.
View attachment 494379View attachment 494380
View attachment 494381
View attachment 494382
View attachment 494383
I will keep trying for a really small group, I think it helps with my PB shooting as well.
View attachment 494384
✌🏻
Nice setup 👍

South East Louisiana is crazy for shooting this time of year. I have hair dryer on my bench! What ever could a hair dryer be for in this heat?
It's to dry the sweat off of my gun, scope, and lenses. I have to keep my guns in a hot area to prevent them from sweating in the heat of the real La.
I use the .30 cal to put the armadillos to sleep.
😃👍
I got a couple of those need a sleeping pill

I shot my new HW50S for the 3rd time. I'm almost through a 400 count tin. The front sight fell off. I guess it's time to check the set screws and buy some loctite..... It was ok though because I had just mounted my new scope..View attachment 272596 That looks similar to a sight I adapted to my old Diana 5. If so, there’s a bridge of metal limiting how tight it can clamp down, no matter how tight the screw. I had to saw out that metal bridge before the screw could pull the sides in enough to properly clamp onto the barrel

Finally got a small shoot in the evening. Looking like I’m finally finishing this project this week. Had the furnace on for 2 weeks but back up high 70’s.
Woke up to this, this morning. 6;50am
IMG_9675.jpeg
Started off with a HW97 .25. What a great plinker. Doesn’t get much better.
IMG_9698.jpeg
Next up a rifle I just scored, a Walther LG55. Smooooth. It’s got a lot of dings, but shoots beautifully
IMG_9700.jpeg
Put the red dot on it for now. Crow
My range has had no maintenhance since June, looks like a jungle.

It got dark on me again, but I did manage to install the new BKL-260D7 mount, get zeroed, and shoot a few groups. My hunch was correct, with 8.44’s doing 850 fps @ 13.5 fpe a 19m zero gives me zero at 31m also, perfect. My PBR should be roughly 14m-35m…wonderful!! Btw, I really like this self centering BKL mount that also has elevation built in for a better optically centered scope.

While I’m an accuracy addict like the rest of you, my real purpose for this setup is a small game weapon. Especially, stalking squirrels in the woods. I believe I‘ve finally achieved the nearly ideal combination of power, weight, and accuracy with this 98 and Leupold. A SFP 4X is a wonderful all around hunting magnification choice. This 4-12x40 scope also has AO down to 16m at 12X, excellent! Did I mention this scope is light?
Enough gushing…what matters is that this gun shoots dimes @ 30m, is comfortable to cock and carry(at least for me), and happens to be pretty nice to look at.
IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2277.jpeg
IMG_2278.jpeg

It got dark on me again, but I did manage to install the new BKL-260D7 mount, get zeroed, and shoot a few groups. My hunch was correct, with 8.44’s doing 850 fps @ 13.5 fpe a 19m zero gives me zero at 31m also, perfect. My PBR should be roughly 14m-35m…wonderful!! Btw, I really like this self centering BKL mount that also has elevation built in for a better optically centered scope.

While I’m an accuracy addict like the rest of you, my real purpose for this setup is a small game weapon. Especially, stalking squirrels in the woods. I believe I‘ve finally achieved the nearly ideal combination of power, weight, and accuracy with this 98 and Leupold. A SFP 4X is a wonderful all around hunting magnification choice. This 4-12x40 scope also has AO down to 16m at 12X, excellent! Did I mention this scope is light?
Enough gushing…what matters is that this gun shoots dimes @ 30m, is comfortable to cock and carry(at least for me), and happens to be pretty nice to look at. View attachment 495276View attachment 495277View attachment 495279
Very nice 98. Biggest sucker for thumbholes. My 98’s are bounty hunters for tree rats. So are the rest of my springers, for that matter. Crow. Nice setup.

Finally got a small shoot in the evening. Looking like I’m finally finishing this project this week. Had the furnace on for 2 weeks but back up high 70’s.
Woke up to this, this morning. 6;50amView attachment 495264Started off with a HW97 .25. What a great plinker. Doesn’t get much better. View attachment 495265Next up a rifle I just scored, a Walther LG55. Smooooth. It’s got a lot of dings, but shoots beautifullyView attachment 495266Put the red dot on it for now. Crow
My range has had no maintenhance since June, looks like a jungle.
Dings or not, that's one beautiful stock!