What springer did you shoot today?

Drug my .25 Webley Stingray out in the yard just before midnight for a quick session. Shot a few to settle in and then six shots at the dot. 1 little flier, my fault. 25 yards. Sitting on a shop chair resting on a shaky stool with a stack of terry shop towels. Got off about 25 shots including a scope adjustment. Slick little carbine.
IMG_2748.jpeg
IMG_2717.jpeg

A little yard work myself today with the Venom Tomahawk on guard! Just loves 14.3 JSBs at 19fpe!
James from Michigan View attachment 272739
My Stingray, Longbow, and Tomahawk .22’s like those too. Not so good with FTT’s. They don’t shoot well at all.
My .25 Stingray shoots FTT’s very well.

My Stingray, Longbow, and Tomahawk .22’s like those too. Not so good with FTT’s. They don’t shoot well at all.
My .25 Stingray shoots FTT’s very well.
I just recently tried some FX 15.9s with promising results too! Tree rat season opens on Sunday! Still a lot of leaves on the tree's but might wonder in the woods for a bit!

Spent some time at 30m to see how the 98 was feeling. I’m also trying to finish the last tin of the JSB 8.44s so I can try the new AA 8.44s that recently arrived. Pretty good results with two 5 shot groups under a dime even though the darkness overtook me again. Squirrel season is in here in VA so I can’t wait to get out there!

image.jpg

image.jpg

My Motorhead tuned D460 .22 w/H&N 14.6gr vs a garden pest @34yrds. The wind is always blowing in Nebraska, it's just how hard at the moment is the only variable. Had to allow about an inch to compensate for the crosswind. Have the UTG with the etched glass reticle on top. Shot it using a flower pot as a rest, rifle resting on my closed fist. :)

Last edited:
Drug my .25 Webley Stingray out in the yard just before midnight for a quick session. Shot a few to settle in and then six shots at the dot. 1 little flier, my fault. 25 yards. Sitting on a shop chair resting on a shaky stool with a stack of terry shop towels. Got off about 25 shots including a scope adjustment. Slick little carbine.
View attachment 495746View attachment 495744
Nice group and rifle. The .25 looks like it would be fun, I've never shot a .25 springer.

Busy, but terrorized some spinners with a R7 .177, flawless gun. View attachment 496402Also blew a little lead through this HW80 Black .22. Excellent shooter. Squirrels nightmare. My start.View attachment 496406Crow
HW80 looks pretty cool in that dress. That platform was one I wanted back in the day. I can't remember the guys name that used to post his hunting stories on the old yellow forum.
But he used a tuned up HW80 with a o-ring piston seal. He would make crazy kills at long range, always hunting these big farms or flat land. Was great reading his adventures with the spring gun hunts. If I remember right his was shooting 800 or more with a heavy 22cal pellet, but I'm not 💯...lol.

Nice group and rifle. The .25 looks like it would be fun, I've never shot a .25 springer.
Larger bores tend to shoot smoother and a little more energy. Heavier pellets retain more energy and combined with the frontal area spells IMPACT.
I'm anxious to try lighter alloy pellets in my .25's (Webley Stingray and Tomahawk). Reduce trajectory and improve longer range shooting. .20 isn't the only cal. that's surrounded in myth. So is the .25.
I would consider an HW95 in .25. I already have them in .177 and .22 for many years. Just don't want one in the newer 🤮stock.

Larger bores tend to shoot smoother and a little more energy. Heavier pellets retain more energy and combined with the frontal area spells IMPACT.
I'm anxious to try lighter alloy pellets in my .25's (Webley Stingray and Tomahawk). Reduce trajectory and improve longer range shooting. .20 isn't the only cal. that's surrounded in myth. So is the .25.
I would consider an HW95 in .25. I already have them in .177 and .22 for many years. Just don't want one in the newer 🤮stock.
I wound think the HW80 would be good in .25 as well, heavy JM spring and power seal.