What springer did you shoot today?

Larger bores tend to shoot smoother and a little more energy. Heavier pellets retain more energy and combined with the frontal area spells IMPACT.
I'm anxious to try lighter alloy pellets in my .25's (Webley Stingray and Tomahawk). Reduce trajectory and improve longer range shooting. .20 isn't the only cal. that's surrounded in myth. So is the .25.
I would consider an HW95 in .25. I already have them in .177 and .22 for many years. Just don't want one in the newer 🤮stock.
Since you brought the subject up

For the longest time, I would darn near scoff at the idea of a .25 spring gun. I told myself that they just had to be anemic.
Shooting .25 JSB Kings out of an Apache at 590 to 600 flipped on the light bulb for me. At 25 yards it is simply devastating. The math was there staring at me the whole time and I flat out did not recognize it. And to think, I am also a .45 ACP fan....... never made the connection.

Have an HW 90 in 25. Need to spend more time shooting her. It needs an LDC for mechanical advantage in cocking. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
Are you set up to adjust the ram pressure in that rig?

Come off of full tilt a bit, and I hear that they get a little easier to cock.

If you search a bit, there is a thread on here about a Theoben pump set up on the cheap, but not sketchy cheap. He used a RockShox pump from the bicycle world. Worth a look and would let you adjust it to your comfort perhaps.

Made some adjustments to the 97 and as usual I ran out of daylight as the shoot was getting dialed in.
20240916_193725.jpg

KWK, I as well love shooting the .25 springer. Hooked.
The .25 cal. 95 Walnut is on order a few months now. Can’t wait. Currently I have a HW77, HW80, HW90 and HW97 in .25. Crow
I almost ordered a HW95N yesterday. AOA had a sale saying .$50 off any 95n in stock, but no .25 or .20 in stock, so ended up with a .22, At least I do not have to start with another caliber. They would have back orderd one, but my last experience with a BO took several months, I was thinking the larger pellets would be easier for my old hands to handle, but .22 is not bad.

The .25 cal. 95 Walnut is on order a few months now. Can’t wait. Currently I have a HW77, HW80, HW90 and HW97 in .25. Crow
I know you'll like it.
I think an HW50 in .25 would be an awesome springer for plinking. Have you tried the FTT's I recommended? I'm going to try some lighter alloys that are reportedly very accurate. Reduce the trajectory and still have the impact of the large frontal area. I wish I had more time for shooting.........

I know you'll like it.
I think an HW50 in .25 would be an awesome springer for plinking. Have you tried the FTT's I recommended? I'm going to try some lighter alloys that are reportedly very accurate. Reduce the trajectory and still have the impact of the large frontal area. I wish I had more time for shooting.........
I have hoards of JSB’s, easy for me to get. H&N’s if I see them I will get. Same as other calibres,
I immediately checked AOA for a HW50 in .25. Not available. I would love one. Crow

Been seriously thinking of adding a .25 HW97KT to the stable. Just need a little help talking myself into it! :)

Would be my first .25 and first thumbhole stock. Do I need more reasons than those?

For the HW90 I have no gauge to see where I am as I adjust. I had the fittings bought in GB but my card was refused twice. I got a call from my bank's fraud squad! Didn't find the parts in the US. Be Well Brothers, Bandito
You can still release some pressure. Without the guage. Totally changes the gun.
My HW90 .25 was probably my most disappointing rifle. Turning it down turned it into a masterpiece. Crow

The dumbest thing I did though is to NOT have AOA tune it down before sending it to me. 18 or 19 bar is what I would look at first. Hindsight. I may let off a bit of pressure at daylight and test. Thanks for your encouragement. It has cost me several grand in the last few years, happily though! Be Well Brothers of the gas ram technology, Bandito.

The dumbest thing I did though is to NOT have AOA tune it down before sending it to me. 18 or 19 bar is what I would look at first. Hindsight. I may let off a bit of pressure at daylight and test. Thanks for your encouragement. It has cost me several grand in the last few years, happily though! Be Well Brothers of the gas ram technology, Bandito.
Ironic. My HW90 .25 sat for 2 years and just I gave it death stares. It was totally useless to me. Hard to jack, trigger was hairy.
‘Hard to believe it’s the same gun.
A member I believe Jayjay did a post on the 90. Worth checking it out. That’s when I bought the 90 .20 cal. one of my favorites. Since have scored the .177 and .22 in the 90 but no time to use so far. Good luck. Crow

One which has not been getting a lot of use lately, a little HW 57 in .22. I have a matched pair one in .22 the other .177. They are almost as easy to load as a break barrel, and if they had made it so the rising breech came up about 1/8 to 1/4 inch higher it would be perfect. I got these from a dealer in the NE US, cannot remember who, and they were stated to have been tuned, again cannot remember by whom, but they are so smooth I believe it. Probably the safest to load, no chance of a sliding breech or a break barrel snapping back to catch fingers. They are probably the lighest and handiest guns I have, even better than the HW 35e in that respect. I have a pair of Anschutz diopters mounted as the rear sights.

I still wish I had snagged that used .20 HW 90. I didn't start out to go HW95. It just happened. Not AOAs fault. I hope to never be too slow on the trigger again. Pun intended. Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
I worked retail, for decades. You don’t know how many times customers told me they would think about it. When they returned, the product had sold. Now, I don’t hesitate as a rule. You snooze you loose. Crow

I worked retail, for decades. You don’t know how many times customers told me they would think about it. When they returned, the product had sold. Now, I don’t hesitate as a rule. You snooze you loose. Crow
Quite a few years back I almost had that happen. I had spotted a beautiful CZ 550 Safari American rifle in .375H&H at a now gone Gander Mountain, in Tyler, Tx. Went home and thought about it, talked to the wife and called them and asked them to hold it for two day until I could get backup there. They did and I got it, Fits me perfectly, a big heavy rifle, but recoils less than my old Winchester Model 70 featherweght 30-06. Your comment remineded that the first time I had it out a man and his wife pulled up at the range and he took one look and said that he wondered who got it. He had planned on going back to get it for a trip to Africa.

Reactions: crowski and sekiar
Finally got some new technology in today, the Garmin Xero. Tested it first with the prosport at 40 yards, some 10 shot strings and a couple 5 shot strings. Works great, and it going to be nice not having to set up crap at the range. Here's the best ES and SD from one of the 10 shot strings.
IMG_7387.jpeg

And a different screen...
IMG_7380.jpeg

The target.....
IMG_7386.jpeg

Pretty cool little unit.
IMG_7384.jpeg

✌🏻