• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

56TH briefly. What a gun what a gun, what a gun. Looks like I have a terrible vertical stringing issue. Till I tell you that’s actually 16 shots at 20 yards while I adjusted elevation after re-doing mounting last night. Three shots after most adjustments, only 2 after a couple. Bullseye is 3 shots and hole just above it is 2 before I came down another click. And I was shooting pretty quickly. This thing just shoots. Fingers crossed weather and schedule cooperate and I get to shoot longer distance this weekend.

3FEA817D-B15F-48C8-B6DA-59083A35BDD5.jpeg

Have you tried a couple drops of silicone oil down transfer port? Assuming it’s a leather seal?
I dont think sillycone is the thing to use .. (leather). If it dont jell with whatever Been used prior then you may of just pored dalt in the wound like caking or gumming up . Then there you sit..😭

If a fresh new and you started with it maybe.

Back when ( good ol' days) somthing with a leather seal it was most allways non detergent 20/30w oil. In them days there was not all this synthetic stuff like today ..

I guess in the end a guy can only do as he feels best.

Here fishoil used

I dont think sillycone is the thing to use .. (leather). If it dont jell with whatever Been used prior then you may of just pored dalt in the wound like caking or gumming up . Then there you sit..😭

If a fresh new and you started with it maybe.

Back when ( good ol' days) somthing with a leather seal it was most allways non detergent 20/30w oil. In them days there was not all this synthetic stuff like today ..

I guess in the end a guy can only do as he feels best.

Here fishoil used

I have a long explanation from MDriskill somewhere. Basically, the 30W was great until the guns got above 600 FPS. Then you started risking dieseling/detonation. The silicone is just to keep the leather moist, not as a lubricant and just couple drops. Moot point on Crow’s gun anyway. Chuck in Ohio says no leather in there and told him what the likely issue is. Hope you get it up and running soon. One of the coolest old air rifles I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: crowski
I couldn’t resist. Had the time so decided to take the 56T/H back out and zero at 30 yards which is closer to where it should plateau. Had to come 3 clicks right which is first time I’ve touched the windage. Got the elevation right and I’ll be darned. If you do your part, this gun will shoot a 10 shot ragged hole at 30 yards! Shot the little numeral 8 again although I did miss just high with the first shot. Your part mostly consists of tightening the muzzle weight screws every 4 shots or so and feeling your way through a little annoying 2nd stage creep, it will do the rest. The only two flaws I’ve found so far and they’re minor IMO and can be worked around. There are fixes for both, which I’ll get to in due time. Really am impressed with this gun. Rapidly working its way up my if you could only keep one list. One more pic because I think it’s just so dang pretty.

E0D2E64A-15E3-4346-9A2B-1DD2C72FAA65.jpeg

Reactions: Septicdeath
Today I cleaned up and threw some stone down by my targets. Bonus.
58C8892A-4C4F-4F3F-9EFC-7BAD8E29E0B1.jpeg
One of these days soon, I’m going to redo my range.
‘First gun out a HW85 .177. Once zeroed it missed zero. This is a sweet gun. Hopefully this gun will get a set of Diopters to change it up.
BE96D46D-65A6-41E9-9328-F4E7E204BFCE.jpeg
Awesome gun.
‘This next gun another long barrel. A HW77 .22. Never touched the scope. This is a laser.
3EFF4913-2B06-4703-A3A3-6AEED1725398.jpeg
What a pleasure to shoot. Nice groups at 42 yds. This one is at top of list.

And last one is a HW50 black .177. A superb carry rifle.
D16E73EE-86A6-4A10-9DFC-2811C4451548.jpeg
Easy gun to handle. And a pleasure to shoot. Great day. Crow

I have a long explanation from MDriskill somewhere. Basically, the 30W was great until the guns got above 600 FPS. Then you started risking dieseling/detonation. The silicone is just to keep the leather moist, not as a lubricant and just couple drops. Moot point on Crow’s gun anyway. Chuck in Ohio says no leather in there and told him what the likely issue is. Hope you get it up and running soon. One of the coolest old air rifles I’ve ever seen.
He hooked me up with a link. This is the best part. And ya you’re right, it blows me away too. Masterpiece. Really a crime Walthers doesn’t make any springers anymore. Thanks for your advice, appreciated. Crow

I couldn’t resist. Had the time so decided to take the 56T/H back out and zero at 30 yards which is closer to where it should plateau. Had to come 3 clicks right which is first time I’ve touched the windage. Got the elevation right and I’ll be darned. If you do your part, this gun will shoot a 10 shot ragged hole at 30 yards! Shot the little numeral 8 again although I did miss just high with the first shot. Your part mostly consists of tightening the muzzle weight screws every 4 shots or so and feeling your way through a little annoying 2nd stage creep, it will do the rest. The only two flaws I’ve found so far and they’re minor IMO and can be worked around. There are fixes for both, which I’ll get to in due time. Really am impressed with this gun. Rapidly working its way up my if you could only keep one list. One more pic because I think it’s just so dang pretty.

View attachment 351780
That's a sweet looking rig!

Reactions: cjtamu
Crow with th
Today I cleaned up and threw some stone down by my targets. Bonus. View attachment 351787One of these days soon, I’m going to redo my range.
‘First gun out a HW85 .177. Once zeroed it missed zero. This is a sweet gun. Hopefully this gun will get a set of Diopters to change it up.View attachment 351788Awesome gun.
‘This next gun another long barrel. A HW77 .22. Never touched the scope. This is a laser.View attachment 351791What a pleasure to shoot. Nice groups at 42 yds. This one is at top of list.

And last one is a HW50 black .177. A superb carry rifle. View attachment 351793Easy gun to handle. And a pleasure to shoot. Great day
Crow with the amount of lead you fire down range I’m surprised those trees aren’t ring barked or look similar to Septicdeaths pelletmite back stop.
On a lighter note I shot my LGV again today. Funny thing was that the first 5 shots were about an inch and a half at 25 metres. Not what I’m used to until I realised I was feeding it the wrong pellets…🥴
Gary

Reactions: cjtamu
Crow with th

Crow with the amount of lead you fire down range I’m surprised those trees aren’t ring barked or look similar to Septicdeaths pelletmite back stop.
On a lighter note I shot my LGV again today. Funny thing was that the first 5 shots were about an inch and a half at 25 metres. Not what I’m used to until I realised I was feeding it the wrong pellets…🥴
Gary
The idea is to have the pellet hit the target things and stop the pellet cold before it hits the trees behind it .

Like hit a spinner / save a tree..😜

Crow with th

Gary
I purposely don’t hit the trees. I go for the targets.
‘You have a LGV, lucky. I would really like to find one. Enjoy
‘And the weather is breaking here. Sometimes I don’t mind the winter, no bugs! Crow

View attachment 351780
I like the way it flares before the trigger. Gorgeous gun. I had it out of my mind. Thanks.
I know the Diana dealership which is 45 min. away, is receiving their shipment soon, en route. Hmm. Crow

I like the way it flares before the trigger. Gorgeous gun. I had it out of my mind. Thanks.
I know the Diana dealership which is 45 min. away, is receiving their shipment soon, en route. Hmm. Crow
Welcome, anything I can do to help another addict I mean fellow hobbyist. Far as I know the 56T/H is still discontinued so you’ll have to look at used market. Someone posted not long ago they were told by AoA they expected some this summer I think? Maybe they know something we don’t. I have some more trick bits from Hector that are going to change the look a bit. Will add them after I’m done testing it stock.