• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

You were there in spirit my friend.
@beerthief and I were talking springers, and of course, your name came up!
Another 5 minutes, I’m gonna ask you to stop talking that way.
I just heard about it on Wednesday, not enough time. I’m due for a road trip. Been drooling ever since. Never been. Crow

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Man, you're sure giving that fence the good news ain't ya? 😆

Just ribbing ya, no offense intended.
With those freshly renewed target faces, it looks like you can't shoot worth a hoot and are worrying that fence something terrible!!
Ha ha ha. Actually our old shop. Due to come down so it’s our interim backstop. Carpet rolled up behind the wall. You should see a little higher up LOL.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Two days in a row same rifles. That’s a first. HW90, HW97 and R9 all all .20. The 97 started where I left off yesterday. Sweetheart of a gun. IMG_5464.jpeg I’m so lucky I found this gem.IMG_5465.jpegFive shots.
The HW90 has totally caught me off guard. This gun means business, accuracy with a solid hit. IMG_5466.jpeg It’s ironic, I hated these guns with a vengeance. Now can’t play with them enough.
‘The R9 was all over, surprisingly. IMG_5468.jpegThe tin of pellets was damaged. When I sorted through I found about 30% with damaged skirts. Once eliminated back to normal. awesome rifles. Crow

IMG_5467.jpeg

Reactions: cjtamu and Frogy
today was the new toys. Benjamin Sheridan Silver S . 177 very nice shot cycle but spring ringing ? odd. Then the powerline 717 which now does not pump air ? Next was the real gem Diana 6G , absolutely no recoil felt , very large front globe sight but it works , needs lefty or ambi grips , shooting righty two hand for now , think ill try making lefty's for it , nothing special about flat insides of the grips .

Reactions: crowski and Frogy
Kimmy Two Guns (aka “KTG” or “Kim”) wanted to shoot today. Told her she had to go to 25 yards today. Set up the redneck shooting gallery and a few paper targets and she tore it up with her .22 HW50. My HW35E had issues today. Sub-par accuracy and then just occasional wild flyer. Not sure what’s up. After reading Crow’s post I’m going to look at my pellets but I’m betting on either breech seal or the muzzle brake. Will put on chrono when I have a chance and go from there. Thought it might be me at first but the 97K long erased that idea. Heckuva gun. As accurate as the 56T/H I believe, just not as forgiving. Don’t know if anyone else uses them but we love the Champion chalk target. They generally break into pieces so you end up shooting at little 1/4” to 1/2” pieces a lot of times. KTG was killing it. Good times.

20230430_144733_resized.jpeg

20230430_144744_resized.jpeg

Reactions: PEP3 and crowski
today was the new toys. Benjamin Sheridan Silver S . 177 very nice shot cycle but spring ringing ? odd. Then the powerline 717 which now does not pump air ? Next was the real gem Diana 6G , absolutely no recoil felt , very large front globe sight but it works , needs lefty or ambi grips , shooting righty two hand for now , think ill try making lefty's for it , nothing special about flat insides of the grips .
Got to be exciting to play with your score. Enjoy. Crow
Kimmy Two Guns (aka “KTG” or “Kim”) wanted to shoot today. Told her she had to go to 25 yards today. Set up the redneck shooting gallery and a few paper targets and she tore it up with her .22 HW50. My HW35E had issues today. Sub-par accuracy and then just occasional wild flyer. Not sure what’s up. After reading Crow’s post I’m going to look at my pellets but I’m betting on either breech seal or the muzzle brake. Will put on chrono when I have a chance and go from there. Thought it might be me at first but the 97K long erased that idea. Heckuva gun. As accurate as the 56T/H I believe, just not as forgiving. Don’t know if anyone else uses them but we love the Champion chalk target. They generally break into pieces so you end up shooting at little 1/4” to 1/2” pieces a lot of times. KTG was killing it. Good times.

View attachment 352569

View attachment 352570
I like your muzzle end on the 35. Looks good. Nice grain. Crow

Took out the garbage. I usually take my HW70 along. View attachment 352599I’m actually starting to hit things with it. Easy to shoot. Not a power house. A little break barrel pistol. Crow
you would love the new to me Diana 6G , break barrel Gliss pistol . I squeeze the trigger and all i feel is the little click of release.

Reactions: Frogy and crowski
you would love the new to me Diana 6G , break barrel Gliss pistol . I squeeze the trigger and all i feel is the little click of release.
I’m not really into the pistols but enjoy them more and more. Different animal altogether. Need to spend more time with them.
I checked out the G6 (pic?) I’d be all over that like white on rice. What a score. Crow pic

• Haha
Reactions: Frogy
I joined this forum just to show off my new airgun.

After spending two weeks restoring (which required making a spring guide) a neighbor's B3-1 and then getting hung up because the sear spring broke (I hope not dropping any bits into the mainspring - I only found half of it), I decided to buy one for myself while I wait on sear springs from Archer. I got the .22 version, and a tin of Barracudas, and they go clean through a 1" board. I re-finished the hideously ugly stock with Rustoleum 238325.

Whatever anybody says, it's a lot of airgun for $70! And good exercise too!
Chinese-B3-Airgun_22-cal_Granite-Stock-Finish.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to AGN and congrats on the repair in progress . maybe you have experience in air guns ?
sounds like a power house of a gun for $70 .
Thank you!
I think the "power house" effect is the bacon grease dieseling off!
I'm a retired engineer. Springers are a fun technical challenge, and a less boring way to get some exercise!
I like the B3 design quite a bit, because it's kind of "stuck" in the pin and spring age that produced things like the Browning M1900.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined this forum just to show off my new airgun.

After spending two weeks restoring (which required making a spring guide) a neighbor's B3-1 and then getting hung up because the sear spring broke (I hope not dropping any bits into the mainspring - I only found half of it), I decided to buy one for myself while I wait on sear springs from Archer. I got the .22 version, and a tin of Barracudas, and they go clean through a 1" board. I re-finished the hideously ugly stock with Rustoleum 238325.

Whatever anybody says, it's a lot of airgun for $70! And good exercise too!
View attachment 352814
Welcome. Nice job on the restoration. Enjoy the ride. Crow

Two guns for a spin in the morning. A Diana 460. This was my last buy. After 20 rounds realized broken spring. Put a Vortek in. Accuracy and a powerhouse. These Diana’s hit hard.
IMG_5487.jpeg
Hope to shoot more in afternoon. Next up is a kick ass HW35E .177. This gun
IMG_5488.jpeg
has turned into a gem. Easy to cock. I was centering targets at 43 yds. Can’t wait till it gets new spring and piston seal. The 35 is impressive. Crow