• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What springer did you shoot today?

"Today I shot my Xisico XS28M .25 my first 10 shots at 40 yards off hand with red dot. missing three times due to shooter malfunction.

20230508_130949.jpg
20230508_132237.jpg

Diana 46 again
20230509_113617.jpg

Optical aid re installed.....
The fat Diana front sight blade was giving me fits. I believe that it caused me to disperse shots in the horizontal plane.
Now back to pleasing little clusters.

Walther Parrus .177
20230509_130830.jpg

I may have stumbled upon a sight combination that will allow me to finally assess the rifles full potential.
Most peep sights that I tried on it would not adjust low enough, and the Williams model that would adjust low enough, would not stay put on the rail.

Enter the $10 Chinese made dovetail clamp rear sight
20230509_130901.jpg

This sight adjusts low enough, allows me to bracket the front sight hood in the rear notch, and align the fiber optic dot even with top of rear blade.
Bought it from Archer a ways back on impulse, when placing a QB78 parts order, and after 5 or so years it sees the light of day. Will change out the Phillips head screws for allen cap screws, as the original screws are apparently manufactured from cheez wiz or pie filling in lieu of steel....... but hey, it's a 10 buck sight.

Diana 46 again
View attachment 355227
Optical aid re installed.....
The fat Diana front sight blade was giving me fits. I believe that it caused me to disperse shots in the horizontal plane.
Now back to pleasing little clusters.

Walther Parrus .177
View attachment 355228
I may have stumbled upon a sight combination that will allow me to finally assess the rifles full potential.
Most peep sights that I tried on it would not adjust low enough, and the Williams model that would adjust low enough, would not stay put on the rail.

Enter the $10 Chinese made dovetail clamp rear sight
View attachment 355229
This sight adjusts low enough, allows me to bracket the front sight hood in the rear notch, and align the fiber optic dot even with top of rear blade.
Bought it from Archer a ways back on impulse, when placing a QB78 parts order, and after 5 or so years it sees the light of day. Will change out the Phillips head screws for allen cap screws, as the original screws are apparently manufactured from cheez wiz or pie filling in lieu of steel....... but hey, it's a 10 buck sight.
Are you familiar with the Walther LGU? I asked a member before I hope it’s not you about the LGU’s and the Parrus. Is the Parrus made in Germany? Did it replace the LGU-LGV?
I have a LGU and it’s one of my favorites. When I was first getting into Airgun’s the LGU discontinued shortly after. I was lucky to get it. And I like Walthers workmanship. Crow

Are you familiar with the Walther LGU? I asked a member before I hope it’s not you about the LGU’s and the Parrus. Is the Parrus made in Germany? Did it replace the LGU-LGV?
I have a LGU and it’s one of my favorites. When I was first getting into Airgun’s the LGU discontinued shortly after. I was lucky to get it. And I like Walthers workmanship. Crow
I have an LGU and an LGV.
The Parrus is made in Germany by Walther, here is the breech block
20230510_075524.jpg

Walther introduced the Parrus and Terrus at the same time, and I am not sure if they were intended as replacements for the LGV and or LGU.
Out of the box, the Parrus was not even a close comparison to the newer version LGV, let alone the LGU.
The Parrus has none of the fancy piston bearing rings and secret gizmos that make the LGV so sweet to shoot. It is a straight forward magnum power springer with a conventional parachute sealed piston. Think of an untuned, over lubed R1, with a very heavy and crunchy trigger.

My opinion of it is this-
Potential= LOTS
You are well advised to go inside and clean out the abundance of factory lube, and relube properly. I used Ultimox 226.
Rear spring guide fit was suitable for me, and I added a piston liner made from PTFE. This eliminated the twang and resonance from the shot cycle, making it less annoying to shoot.
Buttons on the piston skirt are not necessary for my example, but could very well help on another rougher shooting example.

RUN IT IN TO SETTLE IT DOWN-
Out of the box, the shot cycle was jarring. I was thinking it was way over sprung, but after 2 to 3 hundred cycles, it has settled in and smoothed out a bit.
It is still a full deal magnum power spring gun, and must be treated accordingly. Mine being in .177 makes it a harsh beast to come to terms with.
The .22 version is probably better suited to the power plant, but with 13.43 grain .177 pellets, it is manageable.

Trigger action-
Out of the box, it was long, notchy, and completely lawyer proof...... Long first stage and a sear break on the second stage of 5.7 pounds
There are several posts and tutorials on ways to address this issue, and they work pretty well depending on how much time and effort you want to put into it with spring swaps and stoning of contact surfaces.
Once addressed, the trigger still has a long first stage, but will break at 15 ounces on the second stage now.

Open sights-
Meh......
The factory set up works, but FOR ME left a lot to be desired. The fiber optics are bright, but with my eye sight, I like a lot longer sight radius. This led to swapping peeps and such to find an appropriate set up that I could work with. I have no intention of mounting optics on the rifle.

I got this rifle close to a year ago, right when they started to blow them out, and paid like $125.
At this price point, BUY BUY BUY! They have a bundle of potential if you are inclined to tinker with them. If you expect LGV or LGU performance without tinkering, you will be disappointed.
I would be comfortable shelling out for one up to the $250-$300 mark if it was NIB, but the closer you get to used Weihrauch money, the HW is probably a better bet as far as not needing much to perform acceptably.
I am a Walther fan boy, I own 12 Walther rifles, and I assume that the Parrus and Terrus were manufactured to grab a share of the lower end springer market. They ARE NOT the equal of the high end rifles, they are manufactured to meet a price point. They have good barrels, the finish is nice, and the overall function is acceptable, BUT........the internals are basic old tech spring gun, and the trigger is complete poop in stock trim.

Reactions: crowski
HW97k .22 .20 and the tx200 in.177 now that I have been shooting both its hard to say what one is better.
I think deep down Im a Weirauch HW97 guy, but tx200 is an amazing spring gun. Basically for me comes down to the cocking of the under lever. Both are putting down amazing groups (1/2 in. at 50 yds.) when I don’t mess it up. Again just something about the feel of the HW97 that wins me over. Looking forward to AoAs EBR in October any other springer shooters going? Springer class last year paid out to 8th place only 5 people shot it. Hope more people start shooting that class before it falls to the wayside.

2070E421-E8D3-45B7-97A2-6C037DB6E298.jpeg

DA0D54C3-21AB-41F3-9EED-E530DEA5C285.jpeg

Last edited:
I have an LGU and an LGV.
The Parrus is made in Germany by Walther, here is the breech block
View attachment 355318
Walther introduced the Parrus and Terrus at the same time, and I am not sure if they were intended as replacements for the LGV and or LGU.
Out of the box, the Parrus was not even a close comparison to the newer version LGV, let alone the LGU.
The Parrus has none of the fancy piston bearing rings and secret gizmos that make the LGV so sweet to shoot. It is a straight forward magnum power springer with a conventional parachute sealed piston. Think of an untuned, over lubed R1, with a very heavy and crunchy trigger.

My opinion of it is this-
Potential= LOTS
You are well advised to go inside and clean out the abundance of factory lube, and relube properly. I used Ultimox 226.
Rear spring guide fit was suitable for me, and I added a piston liner made from PTFE. This eliminated the twang and resonance from the shot cycle, making it less annoying to shoot.
Buttons on the piston skirt are not necessary for my example, but could very well help on another rougher shooting example.

RUN IT IN TO SETTLE IT DOWN-
Out of the box, the shot cycle was jarring. I was thinking it was way over sprung, but after 2 to 3 hundred cycles, it has settled in and smoothed out a bit.
It is still a full deal magnum power spring gun, and must be treated accordingly. Mine being in .177 makes it a harsh beast to come to terms with.
The .22 version is probably better suited to the power plant, but with 13.43 grain .177 pellets, it is manageable.

Trigger action-
Out of the box, it was long, notchy, and completely lawyer proof...... Long first stage and a sear break on the second stage of 5.7 pounds
There are several posts and tutorials on ways to address this issue, and they work pretty well depending on how much time and effort you want to put into it with spring swaps and stoning of contact surfaces.
Once addressed, the trigger still has a long first stage, but will break at 15 ounces on the second stage now.

Open sights-
Meh......
The factory set up works, but FOR ME left a lot to be desired. The fiber optics are bright, but with my eye sight, I like a lot longer sight radius. This led to swapping peeps and such to find an appropriate set up that I could work with. I have no intention of mounting optics on the rifle.

I got this rifle close to a year ago, right when they started to blow them out, and paid like $125.
At this price point, BUY BUY BUY! They have a bundle of potential if you are inclined to tinker with them. If you expect LGV or LGU performance without tinkering, you will be disappointed.
I would be comfortable shelling out for one up to the $250-$300 mark if it was NIB, but the closer you get to used Weihrauch money, the HW is probably a better bet as far as not needing much to perform acceptably.
I am a Walther fan boy, I own 12 Walther rifles, and I assume that the Parrus and Terrus were manufactured to grab a share of the lower end springer market. They ARE NOT the equal of the high end rifles, they are manufactured to meet a price point. They have good barrels, the finish is nice, and the overall function is acceptable, BUT........the internals are basic old tech spring gun, and the trigger is complete poop in stock trim.
Thanks for explaining that. I’ve been sniffing around, wondering about them. I have the LGU Varmint.22. I have a trigger for it from UK. Not on yet in.
If you have both the LGU and LGV you know what I’m talking about. I’ve been watching on used market for them. Enjoy your Walthers. Crow

Thanks for explaining that. I’ve been sniffing around, wondering about them. I have the LGU Varmint.22. I have a trigger for it from UK. Not on yet in.
If you have both the LGU and LGV you know what I’m talking about. I’ve been watching on used market for them. Enjoy your Walthers. Crow
No problem, I wanted you to know exactly what to expect VS your LGU.

I know exactly what you mean about the new LG series Walthers, they only trail the HW offerings in fit and finish, but in performance they hold their own.

Bored with only some of my shop stuff here in NY and the rest of my shop in Arkansas I shot a few groups in the basement. First with the HW30 Laminate, then the Green HW97 and finally my R1 currently wearing a 22 barrel. I was a little out of practice because life's been getting in the way of shooting. That's why a started with the little one and worked my way up.

This morning shot the Duel by Beeman Double Barrel .22 / .177 air rifle. A drug induced Chinese air rifle that actually shoots really good. The stoned chinamam made a decent barrel on this one. The first 15 at 40 yards off hand, missing three. I only shot the .22 barrel today. forgot the .177 pellets. I will include a video, so you can see this crazy rifle.

After lunch was the XS60C and the Artimus cw600.

Horse feeding time a Crosman Air 17

20230509_134625~2.jpg
20230509_134548.jpg
20230510_150953~2.jpg
20230510_181439.jpg

Well my HW50s 177 finally arrived Gave it a cleaning installed a scope. Started having fun. I now see why this model is popular View attachment 355750
You’ll like it! I smacked a 2” spinner @ 50 meters with my .177 today with some new glass…Athlon Helos 2-12. My HW97K is only marginally more accurate and that's probably due mostly to the power difference. There was a light, variable breeze but it it still placed 8 shots within 1.25". The JSB 7.87's are running just north of 800 fps for a very forgiving and laser-like experience. For an accurate, wood walker's sub-12 fpe air rifle the HW50 in .177 is the ONE.

IMG_0916.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

Reactions: cjtamu and crowski
You’ll like it! I smacked a 2” spinner @ 50 meters with my .177 today with some new glass…Athlon Helos 2-12. My HW97K is only marginally more accurate and that's probably due mostly to the power difference. There was a light, variable breeze but it it still placed 8 shots within 1.25". The JSB 7.87's are running just north of 800 fps for a very forgiving and laser-like experience. For an accurate, wood walker's sub-12 fpe air rifle the HW50 in .177 is the ONE.

View attachment 356036

View attachment 356037

sell me that