What springer did you shoot today?

Here is the Tracker I was shooting in the Barnett Spitfire form. Nice compact sidelever shooting @10.5 ft/lb
IMG_20230520_152517~2.jpg

I was shooting 50 yards in the wind. The wind was 2 to 12 mph from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock. I was shooting for score not groups.

The 10 ring is 1.0" and the "X" being 0.5"
TX200 MKIII using AA Field Heavy 10.3 (@ 10.4). I was shooting for score not groups. Each ring is 1/2" larger than the previous so the 4 is 4 inches.

One set of 3 were used for sighters. Then 2 sets of three for score.

1 saw 137 of 150 with 4 "X's" (50/50 on 1 bull).

2 saw 135 of 150 with 2 "X's"

20230520_202112.jpg20230520_202035.jpg

Reactions: crowski and Frogy
Here is the Tracker I was shooting in the Barnett Spitfire form. Nice compact sidelever shooting @10.5 ft/lbView attachment 358024
Very nice. Love the muzzle end. I’m only 4 yrs. into Airgun’s, this is before my time. Thanks for sharing. Crow
Also just had my .22 Air Arms Bora out, another great sub 12 ft/lb sidelever. View attachment 358025
Air Arms, interesting. Never knew this existed either, sweet. Did they have the same precision as todays Air Arms?
‘You have a few keepers. Thanks again. Crow
shot a TX 200 @ 11.6 FPE and 8.18 wadcutters . @ 30 yards.
This is proof you should not work like your 40 for two days in a row ,when in reality you’re 78.View attachment 358029View attachment 358031
You hit the paper, better than a sharp stick in the eye.
I’m so glad it rained all day. I took the day off, rare. Crow
I was shooting 50 yards in the wind. The wind was 2 to 12 mph from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock. I was shooting for score not groups.

The 10 ring is 1.0" and the "X" being 0.5"
TX200 MKIII using AA Field Heavy 10.3 (@ 10.4). I was shooting for score not groups. Each ring is 1/2" larger than the previous so the 4 is 4 inches.

One set of 3 were used for sighters. Then 2 sets of three for score.

1 saw 137 of 150 with 4 "X's" (50/50 on 1 bull).

2 saw 135 of 150 with 2 "X's"

View attachment 358065View attachment 358067
Nice shooting. Are you using a rest? Crow

Reactions: beerthief
TX200 MKIII using AA Field Heavy 10.3 (10.4). Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50mm. Off rest. I shot three 3-bull cards and two 2- bull cards at 50 yards. Bull have the same dimensions (1-inch 10, 2-inch 8, etc.)

Wind was 0-3 mph various directions. Quarter, dime and nickel for additional reference. Better wind today.

94/100 2x
92/100 4x (pic)
‐‐---------------
136/150 3x
137/150 5x
143/150 4x (pic)

20230521_133058.jpg

Reactions: Frogy and crowski
Silver lining to couple weeks of rain is time to work on things. My .22 HW45 is shooting very well now after new breech seal, new piston seal, and clean/lube. Making right at 5 FPE with FTT and spreads of 6-8 FPS over 10 shots. Feel those pellets are a little heavy so have some RWS Hobbies and H&N Excites on the way to test. Just got done adjusting trigger, now breaking cleanly about 1.5 lb. Went out to 12 yd mark at edge of our drive and gave 1 1/2” spinner hail. Open sights, nearly 60 year old eyes, and a gun that’s not completely sighted in yet, I’ll take it. Will finish testing and dialing it in when the other pellets get here. Love this gun.

20230521_120424_resized.jpeg

My Diana 54 AirKing Pro I had gotten a rear sight, all steel for an earlier 54 and installed it and zeroed today, just feel better with steel, and had seen where one with what looked like a pot metal base had broken. Zeroed quickly I have a Diana ZR mount on order from Hector Medina, hope it gets here soon.
I also shot my HW 98, .22 cal for the first time in several months. Something happened I think my hand slipped when cocking it and the barrel was part of the way down in the cocking cycle and apparently the jolt split the stock through the pistol grip area. In all honesty HW, needs to orient the grain of the wood better, it was straight across the weakest point. I thought about gluing it back together and putting a rod in for reinforcement but was a bit hesitant about dealing with glue in the stippling, and messing up the finish. I did a little research and sent it to

Michael McKeown at airgunstocks.com. He took a bit longer than I had anticipated, but said he was in northern Cal. and he had an unheated shop and it was too cold. When he got to it he actually posted some pictures and a video on his site showing the repair. I saw one white spot and he said it was a bit of wax in the stippling, and would come out. He glued it well and made a jig to drill and insert a rod he made using a cut off shank from an extra long drill bit, I think 5/16 diameter, so should be very strong through the repair. You really have to look close to see the repair line, It's my only experience with him but if anyone else has a broken stock I would recommend him for repair.

I was afraid that the release of the barrel and it slamming back might have damaged or bent the barrel, but no problem. My original zero held well with only a few clicks of the scope. I was hitting a small spinner out at 40 yards in just a couple of minutes. I did not try paper out there, but checked the zero at 10 yards and tiny groups.

I took the Williams receiver sight off my FWB 124d so I could access the serial number in order to learn the date of manufacture. It is a four digit number in the 53xx series. I sent the info along with the numbers of some other FWB guns to FWB, hope to hear back in a few weeks. I then reinstalled the sight and rezeroed it, It's really a pleasure to shoot. I had put that sight on it back in the mid 70's then about 5 years later got one of the Beeman blue ribbon scopes that stayed on for close to 40 years. About two years ago I sent it in for new seals and spring, and decided to go back to the iron sights, I put a better globe sight on the front, and it's really more fun and easier to shoot with the iron sights than with a scope,

Last edited:
I shot my old early '90s R7 .20 cal., my BSA Supersport .22 cal., and a re-barreled Walther LG55 .20 cal. What fun in the back yard on a quiet early Sunday morning!!!
Sweet line up. I have a HW30 .20 en route right now. Should be next week. Can’t wait.
Is the BSA a break barrel? Pic? I have a Polaris, awesome gun. Crow
TX200 MKIII using AA Field Heavy 10.3 (10.4). Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50mm. Off rest. I shot three 3-bull cards and two 2- bull cards at 50 yards. Bull have the same dimensions (1-inch 10, 2-inch 8, etc.)

Wind was 0-3 mph various directions. Quarter, dime and nickel for additional reference. Better wind today.

94/100 2x
92/100 4x (pic)
‐‐---------------
136/150 3x
137/150 5x
143/150 4x (pic)

View attachment 358241
That’s really nice shooting. I hope to get the paper out soon and try. Crow
Silver lining to couple weeks of rain is time to work on things. My .22 HW45 is shooting very well now after new breech seal, new piston seal, and clean/lube. Making right at 5 FPE with FTT and spreads of 6-8 FPS over 10 shots. Feel those pellets are a little heavy so have some RWS Hobbies and H&N Excites on the way to test. Just got done adjusting trigger, now breaking cleanly about 1.5 lb. Went out to 12 yd mark at edge of our drive and gave 1 1/2” spinner hail. Open sights, nearly 60 year old eyes, and a gun that’s not completely sighted in yet, I’ll take it. Will finish testing and dialing it in when the other pellets get here. Love this gun.

View attachment 358249
I like your grip. Did you put in the piston seal? And do the work? I have the Beeman version. Crow
My Diana 54 AirKing Pro I had gotten a rear sight, all steel for an earlier 54 and installed it and zeroed today, just feel better with steel, and had seen where one with what looked like a pot metal base had broken. Zeroed quickly I have a Diana ZR mount on order from Hector Medina, hope it gets here soon.
I also shot my HW 98, .22 cal for the first time in several months. Something happened I think my hand slipped when cocking it and the barrel was part of the way down in the cocking cycle and apparently the jolt split the stock through the pistol grip area. In all honesty HW, needs to orient the grain of the wood better, it was straight across the weakest point. I thought about gluing it back together and putting a rod in for reinforcement but was a bit hesitant about dealing with glue in the stippling, and messing up the finish. I did a little research and sent it to

Michael McKeown at airgunstocks.com. He took a bit longer than I had anticipated, but said he was in northern Cal. and he had an unheated shop and it was too cold. When he got to it he actually posted some pictures and a video on his site showing the repair. I saw one white spot and he said it was a bit of wax in the stippling, and would come out. He glued it well and made a jig to drill and insert a rod he made using a cut off shank from an extra long drill bit, I think 5/16 diameter, so should be very strong through the repair. You really have to look close to see the repair line, It's my only experience with him but if anyone else has a broken stock I would recommend him for repair.

I was afraid that the release of the barrel and it slamming back might have damaged or bent the barrel, but no problem. My original zero held well with only a few clicks of the scope. I was hitting a small spinner out at 40 yards in just a couple of minutes. I did not try paper out there, but checked the zero at 10 yards and tiny groups.

I took the Williams receiver sight off my FWB 124d so I could access the serial number in order to learn the date of manufacture. It is a four digit number in the 53xx series. I sent the info along with the numbers of some other FWB guns to FWB, hope to hear back in a few weeks. I then reinstalled the sight and rezeroed it, It's really a pleasure to shoot. I had put that sight on it back in the mid 70's then about 5 years later got one of the Beeman blue ribbon scopes that stayed on for close to 40 years. About two years ago I sent it in for new seals and spring, and decided to go back to the iron sights, I put a better globe sight on the front, and it's really more fun and easier to shoot with the iron sights than with a scope,
That’s unfortunate your 98. That’s one of my favorite rifles. You’ve been busy! Crow

Thanks, @crowski . This was a limited edition with ebony grips they made for a couple years. This one made around 2005. Much prefer them to the current plastic. Yes, replaced piston seal with one of the parachute ones. Can get them from D&L in Canada. Easy gun to work on. Hardest part is not having a spring guide at muzzle makes the spring want to go all directions when removing and installing. I can compress by hand but was easier to use a pipe clamp in the end. Cut a groove in a small block for tab on opposite end of compression tube to fit into. Kept tube from rolling around and made things much easier. You can put a guide in muzzle end and make all this go away but I couldn’t find a 1/2” nylon bolt at the time.

Reactions: Frogy and crowski
Thanks, @crowski . This was a limited edition with ebony grips they made for a couple years. This one made around 2005. Much prefer them to the current plastic. Yes, replaced piston seal with one of the parachute ones. Can get them from D&L in Canada. Easy gun to work on. Hardest part is not having a spring guide at muzzle makes the spring want to go all directions when removing and installing. I can compress by hand but was easier to use a pipe clamp in the end. Cut a groove in a small block for tab on opposite end of compression tube to fit into. Kept tube from rolling around and made things much easier. You can put a guide in muzzle end and make all this go away but I couldn’t find a 1/2” nylon bolt at the time.
It looks nice. Looking at the HW website, the current stainless look model has checkered black laminated grips. Mine is rather old school, blued metal and checkered walnut.

Reactions: crowski
shot HW30 , two Squirrels to feed Fox family , and C02 pistol was leaking at the fill tube , ended up with 4 layers of Teflon tape over the 0 ring , still holding C02 24 hrs .
Always nice to know you’re sharing your food.
And from plumbing to air guns, handy stuff. Crow
It looks nice. Looking at the HW website, the current stainless look model has checkered black laminated grips. Mine is rather old school, blued metal and checkered walnut.
9.9 times out of 10 I like the older models much better. Hope to get a few.
Holy moly. Somewhere I have an old pellet pistol from my Youth have know idea what it is. I’m sure it was purchased at Kmart in the 60s
Somewhere? The $64,000 question. Crow
Those are stunning.
The finger guard is so cool. The Sport is the first .177 rifle I bought. Crow