What springer did you shoot today?

Shot my AA TX200 Mk3 .22 today. What a difference from fighting the RWS D54 yesterday. Spend my morning tinkering with a Daisy 717 and decided to bring this springer out to test along with the pistol.

Took five shots to dial it in at 10 yards. Shot a five shot knot and refined the clicks and shot five more. Finished shooting at the target numbers. 18 happy shots. The hiking pole rest was working well too.

The AA is joy to shoot … no struggling to cock and ergonomically fits my shooting positions… trigger will need getting used to… really long creepy first stage and just ok second…

Think this will be the gun I will use for my first FT match this weekend.

also… I am new to this game…can someone tell me how or what I can expect with larger diameter pellets out of this gun… I am using HN FTT 14.66gr 5.53mm to get started, have another tin of same brand and weight but at 5.55mm … haven’t shot that yet… also got a tin of heavier weight but it doesn’t have diameter stated… what is “norm” for .22 pellets?

9D740132-2AC1-4C06-B795-91CBE704C666.jpeg

A7EC2C27-96DF-4ABC-B6C8-20EC0D2DDA31.jpeg

Reactions: Frogy
Reactions: Septicdeath
It’s a Diana. I apologize, it’s a 34 premium. This gun has caught me totally off guard. Had a 34 classic. Hated it, only gun I sold. Night and day difference. Crow
That 97 is a looker as well. I have sold my 97 in favour of the 77. I like the length for open sights plus the open sights Of course.

Reactions: Frogy
Had a brief little shower outside and not long after it stopped I could see that the wind had died way down. So I got out the R7 .177 and shot these 6 five shot groups at 68yds. Even with the wind only being about 1-2mph it still amazes me how much these little pellets move around in the wind. Should have stopped after the first group.
IMG_3820.jpeg

Reactions: crowski and Frogy
Spent the last few days fiddling with the TX-200 getting it set back up once more for some Field Target duty.
Been likely 5+ years sense the old girl came out of the safe. Going to shoot it this weekend at the SVFTC monthly FT match.
Forgot what a striking stock she has ... What a gal !!

thumbnail.jpg

Had a brief little shower outside and not long after it stopped I could see that the wind had died way down. So I got out the R7 .177 and shot these 6 five shot groups at 68yds. Even with the wind only being about 1-2mph it still amazes me how much these little pellets move around in the wind. Should have stopped after the first group.
View attachment 359252
Deadly shooting, amazing guns. Crow
Spent the last few days fiddling with the TX-200 getting it set back up once more for some Field Target duty.
Been likely 5+ years sense the old girl came out of the safe. Going to shoot it this weekend at the SVFTC monthly FT match.
Forgot what a striking stock she has ... What a gal !!

View attachment 359254
Beautiful grain. Love the jewelry.
I notice you have a different grip on the cocking arm. I find the TX’s difficult to open sometimes on all my TX’s.
Do you find yours easier to release?
Crow
Good luck in the competition!
Went to the range this morning with my RWS Diana 34 in .22, and enjoyed a quiet, still session. I passed the 15,000 pellet mark with the old gal, and she still shoots fine!
I’d like a 34 in .22. Enjoy your rifle. Crow
Shot a Gamo Expo 2100 .177

View attachment 359309View attachment 359310

and a Crosman Guidehawk .22 off hand at 40 yds.

10 shots at a can off hand with the Guidehawk. Missing one just to the left.
You’re a deadly shot , wow 40 yds. I could never do that. Nice shooting. Crow

Deadly shooting, amazing guns. Crow

Beautiful grain. Love the jewelry.
I notice you have a different grip on the cocking arm. I find the TX’s difficult to open sometimes on all my TX’s.
Do you find yours easier to release?
Crow
Good luck in the competition!

I’d like a 34 in .22. Enjoy your rifle. Crow

You’re a deadly shot , wow 40 yds. I could never do that. Nice shooting. Crow
It's nice to be retired and have time every day to practice. I'm definitely not good all the time. I only post my best.

Reactions: crowski