What springer did you shoot today?

Shot my latest B3-3 project gun today for the first time. Gun was totally deburred, recut engagement surfaces on piston, cut and crowned barrel, added a couple thrust washers, lubed spring with Molykote G-n and cylinder with SuperLube grease.

Scope is a Pre-1960 Weaver B4, group shot at 12 yards from the shoulder (and my left arm is paining me from the nearly 40 pound cocking effort - OUCH!). Shoots through a 1" board and then some.

Pellets were the ones that came with the rifle and were, as shipped, sopping with peanut oil!

Chinese-B3-Airgun_22-cal_Mackerel-Stock-Finish.jpg

Chinese-B3-Airgun_22-cal_Mackerel-Stock-Finish_1st-Target.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I tried, carbon fibre is a go. My problem with speed is I’ll use it. Had my close calls. I few years ago I bought a Mercedes GLE 57 or 54. I didn’t realize I bought a rocket ship. I bought it because it had massage. 👍. I’m on the highway and I’m doing a 110 mph. not realizing it, smooth and wants to go. You step on it then your at 150. Beautiful car, didn’t have it long. Lost a ton, but still here, too fast for me.
‘Now I‘ve done 60 mph on water and didn’t like it one bit. Just bought a pontoon boat, get it on the 2nd. Going to turn it into a Bass slayer.
I’ve been drooling all over my shirt looking at your stocks. Do you ever want one when you can’t have it. Looks like I’m really limited. Have the tools to make one but no wood worthy of a stock. And just don’t feel like it.
Thanks for the concern. Crow

No, I tried, carbon fibre is a go. My problem with speed is I’ll use it. Had my close calls. I few years ago I bought a Mercedes GLE 57 or 54. I didn’t realize I bought a rocket ship. I bought it because it had massage. 👍. I’m on the highway and I’m doing a 110 mph. not realizing it, smooth and wants to go. You step on it then your at 150. Beautiful car, didn’t have it long. Lost a ton, but still here, too fast for me.
‘Now I‘ve done 60 mph on water and didn’t like it one bit. Just bought a pontoon boat, get it on the 2nd. Going to turn it into a Bass slayer.
I’ve been drooling all over my shirt looking at your stocks. Do you ever want one when you can’t have it. Looks like I’m really limited. Have the tools to make one but no wood worthy of a stock. And just don’t feel like it.
Thanks for the concern. Crow
Mike Abernathy in Hickory NC makes wonderful stocks, some of the best wood i have seen . i have one on my AA S510 , He will ship world wide .

Reactions: crowski
Shot my latest B3-3 project gun today for the first time. Gun was totally deburred, recut engagement surfaces on piston, cut and crowned barrel, added a couple thrust washers, lubed spring with Molykote G-n and cylinder with SuperLube grease.

Scope is a Pre-1960 Weaver B4, group shot at 12 yards from the shoulder (and my left arm is paining me from the nearly 40 pound cocking effort - OUCH!). Shoots through a 1" board and then some.

Pellets were the ones that came with the rifle and were, as shipped, sopping with peanut oil!View attachment 359814
Nice job on the gun. Cool scope. Not familiar with this gun, sounds like a power house. Crow
5ft4inch me 82 years old ain't got the arms for it.
I wanna shoot like you when I grow up. Really impressive. Crow
three today , TX200 and HW97 again and the HW30 iron sights .
the TX has an old hunting scope (100 yard Paralax) shot @ 15 yards, very blurry but manages ok
The 97 was spot on as always .
lets say i am not very good with iron's .
That’s a fine Bouquet.
I’m not into the iron sights yet. Crow

Nice job on the gun. Cool scope. Not familiar with this gun, sounds like a power house. Crow

I wanna shoot like you when I grow up. Really impressive. Crow

That’s a fine Bouquet.
I’m not into the iron sights yet. Crow
one inch targets are large for me , but with irons i can only see very bright spot type . the "pricing" stick on dots are good and i use a hole punch to make 1/4 inch dots , i am going to try a 12,000 lumin light on the target tomorrow . daylight +light.

The gun is, as far as I know, the cheapest under-lever rifle on the market - I paid $60 for this one. The seller bought it for $75 and couldn't cock it even once!

I think the scope goes well with the old-fashioned look of the rifle. They kind of killed the look with the recent changes to the stock, it used to be about as fancy as a 2x4 and looked much more Chi-com!

The pellets supplied by the factory are covered with peanut oil, and diesel fairly consistently (I am reading Cardew right now, and haven't seen any data yet regarding "fueled" pellets, only "fueled" pistons).

If the cocking effort doesn't come down a bit, I won't be shooting it much! I wonder how far down I can go on the spring and still get reliable dieseling from doped pellets?

Nothing today. I had to run up to Tyler, Tx VA clinic to give some blood and urine for an upcoming visit. Last time they tried for blood it was uncomfortable, actually stuck both arms befor hitting a vein, so I asked today, why not the back of my hand which shows some really prominate veins. The tech said because it was generally more sensitive, but I said go for it. Took a little prick about like a mosquito bite, really did not feel it, and he was done in about 30 seconds. Then took my wife to a couple of grocery stores she likes to visit when we are up there, then to lunch at our favorite Greek resturant, and finally a stop by a Braums for a couple of ice cream cones then home. We live about 30 miles south in a small town and it really makes me glad to not have to deal with all the heavy traffic almost daily.
Nice story, we live in a small fishing village now so no traffic except for holiday season and most of all no traffic lights.
Gary

Mike Abernathy in Hickory NC makes wonderful stocks, some of the best wood i have seen . i have one on my AA S510 , He will ship world wide .
I’ll check him out, your a wealth of knowledge. Thanks Crow
The gun is, as far as I know, the cheapest under-lever rifle on the market - I paid $60 for this one. The seller bought it for $75 and couldn't cock it even once!

I think the scope goes well with the old-fashioned look of the rifle. They kind of killed the look with the recent changes to the stock, it used to be about as fancy as a 2x4 and looked much more Chi-com!

The pellets supplied by the factory are covered with peanut oil, and diesel fairly consistently (I am reading Cardew right now, and haven't seen any data yet regarding "fueled" pellets, only "fueled" pistons).

If the cocking effort doesn't come down a bit, I won't be shooting it much! I wonder how far down I can go on the spring and still get reliable dieseling from doped pellets?
Sometimes it’s the challenge. I have a gun that’s hard to cock. It would be lucky to see light 2 times a year. Crow
Today shot My MM tuned XS46U .22 I think of it as a poor man's TX200. Also a tuned tuned Beeman sportsman spring version .22 I have never used the .177 barrel that came with the gun.View attachment 359931
It’s amazing Xisico can manufacture their products for a fraction of its copy. Thanks for sharing. Crow
I don’t know what I’m more excited about.
Getting the opportunity to shoot a rat during day light hours (8:45pm )
Or the fact that I got to use my tried and true Diana 34.
20 yards off a rest.

IMG-6105.jpg
[/url]
Tough call. Talk about kill two birds with one stone. Crow

I finally got out to shoot. The Dragon flies are in the skies, big time, I call them gun ships. Never saw one mosquito, knock on wood.
Took out 2 in the morning. R9 .20
IMG_5728.jpeg

Really enjoying this rifle. When your on you can hit anything.
The powerhouse 460 magnum premium .177 was throwing JSB 10.34 with accuracy.
IMG_5730.jpeg

Great to be shooting again. I shoot more in the winter in one day than I did all week. Crow

I finally got out to shoot. The Dragon flies are in the skies, big time, I call them gun ships. Never saw one mosquito, knock on wood.
Took out 2 in the morning. R9 .20View attachment 360067
Really enjoying this rifle. When your on you can hit anything.
The powerhouse 460 magnum premium .177 was throwing JSB 10.34 with accuracy.View attachment 360066
Great to be shooting again. I shoot more in the winter in one day than I did all week. Crow

Nice rig.

Dragonflies eat mosquitoes I believe.

Nice rig.

Dragonflies eat mosquitoes I believe.
They’re your allies. There’s 40-50 between me and my targets. 👍 Crow
Had friends coming over, So shot the XS46U. Early this morning. It was already out. First five miss one pulled left one. shots then next five pulled left one 4 nice little group. off hand at 40 yards.

Seems most my misses are always pulled left.View attachment 360232View attachment 360231View attachment 360233
When that catches the side of the can, doesn’t slow it down. Hits hard . Crow

Reactions: Deerstalker