What springer did you shoot today?

Welcome, anything I can do to help another addict I mean fellow hobbyist. Far as I know the 56T/H is still discontinued so you’ll have to look at used market. Someone posted not long ago they were told by AoA they expected some this summer I think? Maybe they know something we don’t. I have some more trick bits from Hector that are going to change the look a bit. Will add them after I’m done testing it stock.
Really don’t need any encouragement. I didn’t know they were discontinue. IMO the 56th is the nicest stock thumbhole. Crow

I shot my Air King after talking of the 56th. Different animal. Named it Tank.
E49006BF-A0CB-44C3-9E1C-72711DA69A9B.jpeg
l used a target 43 yds. away, the black is 1 inch. JSB 15.89’s. All over the place. Not normal for this gun. I noticed the lead was a loose fit. Top 3 rows 3 shots ea. All over
091B91E8-C23C-4534-ABAC-5EF329A8FB27.jpeg
I switched to AA’s 16 grain. Tighter fit . Bottom row AA’s. Have to try later with different lead. Crow

I shot my Air King after talking of the 56th. Different animal. Named it Tank.View attachment 351865l used a target 43 yds. away, the black is 1 inch. JSB 15.89’s. All over the place. Not normal for this gun. I noticed the lead was a loose fit. Top 3 rows 3 shots ea. All overView attachment 351866I switched to AA’s 16 grain. Tighter fit . Bottom row AA’s. Have to try later with different lead. Crow
Make sure your screws on your muzzle weight or HPM whichever you have on barrel are tight. Will cause issues. Stock screws and trigger guard, same as any other springer. Then the screws on the sled. Once they’re in a happy place Loctite those suckers in place. Nitrocrushr shows a neat way to do it in his articles. The 56T/H is actually the only Diana I have that likes JSB. All the others they’re so loose they fall out and they don’t shoot them worth carp. If it was accurate with 15.89 before it should be still though. If none of the above work check adjustment on breech seal. Hector has posted measurements. Should be 1-1 1/4” from the cocking arm to rod when “closed” before snapping shut. There should be a little pressure when you snap it shut, and it should stay. That arm does require adjusting from time to time. Otherwise you end with a melted breech seal from “gas cutting”. Ask me how I know ;)

Reactions: crowski
Crow how accurate was the rifle prior to this?
It was much better than this.
Make sure your screws on your muzzle weight or HPM whichever you have on barrel are tight. Will cause issues. Stock screws and trigger guard, same as any other springer. Then the screws on the sled. Once they’re in a happy place Loctite those suckers in place. Nitrocrushr shows a neat way to do it in his articles. The 56T/H is actually the only Diana I have that likes JSB. All the others they’re so loose they fall out and they don’t shoot them worth carp. If it was accurate with 15.89 before it should be still though. If none of the above work check adjustment on breech seal. Hector has posted measurements. Should be 1-1 1/4” from the cocking arm to rod when “closed” before snapping shut. There should be a little pressure when you snap it shut, and it should stay. That arm does require adjusting from time to time. Otherwise you end with a melted breech seal from “gas cutting”. Ask me how I know ;)
I know Jack about this rifle. Probably why it sits. Others keep me occupied.
I’ll check the screws you mentioned. And I‘ll watch nitro after, I’m playing 3 rounds of golf in tournament, Golf Clash, only game I play.
Thanks again for info. Crow

HW97K, again, 10 yards, dialing in Element Helix scope. Find that with the front bell of this scope covering about half of the loading port, I do better loading a longer pellet -- say the H&N 9.57 grain Baracuda FT, than a shorter pellet, say the JSB 8.44 Exact. Both seem equally accurate.
I have a few Element scopes which all come with the front bell. I really really like the looks but I find loading too tricky. Crow.

While not springers.….I got my two standard stock model 853 rifles from the CMP in today.

One had what I thought was a little shorter LOP than normal

5E2F42EB-F530-47B1-BEDF-29ACBA4F6420.jpeg

I pulled out my two Monte Carlo stocked ones and saw that one wasn’t short…one is longer

422DC274-9A25-4B72-9AD4-C622969E0B16.jpeg

This is actually nice since I have 3 kids and one is for me.

I figured I wouldn’t have liked the sporter stock that much, but I ended up really liking it. Likely it was due to the longer LOP without adding any spacers.

I plan on calling Daisy next week and getting some 888 parts to improve the trigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski
Got my two standard stock models in today.

One had what I thought was a little shorter LOP than normal

View attachment 352049

I pulled out my two Monte Carlo stocked ones and saw that one wasn’t short…one is longer

View attachment 352050

This is actually nice since I have 3 kids and one is for me.

I figured I wouldn’t have liked the sporter stock that much, but I ended up really liking it. Likely it was due to the longer LOP without adding any spacers.

I plan on calling Daisy next week and getting some 888 parts to improve the trigger.
Nice collection you have. Can see some competitions. Crow

Had friends over last night and we sat in the driveway and shot Lego guns at the Redneck Shooting Gallery. Got everything packed up and back in just before storm hit. Actually blew a tin of pellets off the table, 60 mph wind gusts. We’ve had 40 mph gusts all day today but did let my buddy shoot 56T/H this morning. Even with the wind it shot well. He Loved it. Calmer winds tomorrow, hopefully get to shoot some.

20230428_195129_resized.jpeg

Had friends over last night and we sat in the driveway and shot Lego guns at the Redneck Shooting Gallery. Got everything packed up and back in just before storm hit. Actually blew a tin of pellets off the table, 60 mph wind gusts. We’ve had 40 mph gusts all day today but did let my buddy shoot 56T/H this morning. Even with the wind it shot well. He Loved it. Calmer winds tomorrow, hopefully get to shoot some.

View attachment 352216

Man, you're sure giving that fence the good news ain't ya? 😆

Just ribbing ya, no offense intended.
With those freshly renewed target faces, it looks like you can't shoot worth a hoot and are worrying that fence something terrible!!

Reactions: cjtamu
Bought this earlier today at Toys that Shoot.

View attachment 352134

1965 HW55S.
The shot cycle is surprisingly docile. It is very mild mannered and quite pleasant to shoot.
Congratulations. What a score. I’m planning on going next year. Just my luck extra day to wait leap year. Crow

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio