What springer did you shoot today?

My son visited Saturday and shot a few rounds with me at 75. I don't think he dreamed of shooting these springers that far, and was pleasantly surprised.

20240928_184910.jpg

I have to agree with you. The only thing I have seen to make them back off is when wasps get around the feeder, I have not seen any of that this year but have in the past. Sometimes it would seem as though they would fan the wasps to make them move away, but still keep distance. I cannot see a hummer in you picture, can believe it. A little after 7am and they are already swarming my feeder, and will keep it up until it is almost dark.
He’s between the peckers head and the feeder.
Same story here with the wasps. That’s where I come in with this springer
IMG_9956.jpeg
Needs a Rickord trigger. Salt instead of lead. Ouch. Crow

He’s between the peckers head and the feeder.
Same story here with the wasps. That’s where I come in with this springerView attachment 500657Needs a Rickord trigger. Salt instead of lead. Ouch. Crow
I can see it now, aggressive little fellow.

I may have to get one of those salt guns.

I can see it now, aggressive little fellow.

I may have to get one of those salt guns.
Morton's Kosher Salt. Larger, with more ft lbs at the bug/target. I enjoy mine. Too many, too close? The Electronic Fly Swatter comes out! Bee Well Brothers, Bandito

Since I switched to the Heavy's 15.89, from the Exact 13.73's, I have had the feeling that I lost a bit of accuracy. So it was time to put some paper up.

20240930_191854.jpg

About 50 shots at 75y, HW97K, Element 24X. The first shots were cold coming out of the AC.

I would be doing better plinking with a couple clicks of left.
I don't shoot much paper, not even to zero.

I tried the HW95 with a diopter sight but came to the conclusion that the stock comb is just too high, it was hard to get my eye down low enough to see comfortably, so scope it is. Post office delivered a couple of Sportsmatch mounts . I had a Hawke Airmax 2-7 , but the distance between the objective bell and ocular bell was too short so I did some swapping. I put a 3-9 Leupold that I had on my FWB 124d in that mount and then put the Hawke on the FWB. Went out and got both zeroed, again with hummingbirds flying around me. I could see them zoom by in the scope field as I was aiming, doubt if I could ever hit one and do not want to so kept the shooting to as little as possible. My wife came out and said they kept hovering just above and behind me, apparently looking at a bandage on my head. I had a small skin cancer removed last week and the doctor said keep it covered and apply some vaseline daily to keep scarring at a minimum. I guess the birds thought it was a flower, I told my wife that I was glad it was not red, they might have really been going for it then.

Since I switched to the Heavy's 15.89, from the Exact 13.73's, I have had the feeling that I lost a bit of accuracy. So it was time to put some paper up.

View attachment 500769

About 50 shots at 75y, HW97K, Element 24X. The first shots were cold coming out of the AC.

I would be doing better plinking with a couple clicks of left.
I don't shoot much paper, not even to zero.
Paper is not much fun, I like to see something move when I hit it. When I zeroed the FWB sport this afternoon, a few shots on paper then out to a swinger at about 50 yards.

Paper is not much fun, I like to see something move when I hit it. When I zeroed the FWB sport this afternoon, a few shots on paper then out to a swinger at about 50 yards.
Agreed, paper is only an occasional necessity for diagnostics, however I did buy a pack of competition benchrest targets after watching the recent matches on video. Lol

My hummingbirds are pretty crazy right now as well. It's nearing time for them to migrate.

Our hummers are fewer right now around Kansas City. B.
I visited Kansas city around 1975. It was 6 degrees, which explained why the Pinto's heater wasn't working. I could put my hands on the radiator. Lol
It was the cleanest well kept City I had ever been in.

The hummers here, are down in number already and the ones that are left are pretty aggressive. I'm in southeast Louisiana.
The toenail if the state were a boot.
👍

I visited Kansas city around 1975. It was 6 degrees, which explained why the Pinto's heater wasn't working. I could put my hands on the radiator. Lol
It was the cleanest well kept City I had ever been in.

The hummers here, are down in number already and the ones that are left are pretty aggressive. I'm in southeast Louisiana.
The toenail if the state were a boot.
👍
That sounds like down in the Buras area. I grew up and went to school in W.Monroe, Monroe, now in E. Texas. Makes me glad I am not down your way during hurricaine season.

That sounds like down in the Buras area. I grew up and went to school in W.Monroe, Monroe, now in E. Texas. Makes me glad I am not down your way during hurricaine season.
Actually I'm in Sun La, Buras is 2 1/2 hours drive south. You definitely don't want to be there in a hurricane..