N/A What sub $1000 .22 should I buy?

A used Daystate Revere will fill your needs nicely. Or a used Brocock Commander. Neither come up for sale that often as they are so good. Your weight requirement is conflicted, you want sub 8 lbs but don't want it to feel light; almost not realistic unless you go to a Crosman HFT challenger which will fit the bill, esp if you have @Airgun-Revisions tune it for you.
I should have been more articulate. I don't want the over rifle to be heavy. The light feeling I was reacting to was based on an Avenger I looked at the other day with a cheap feeling plastic stock. The stock felt like my kids' Legos. I don't mind synthetics, even light ones if they seem durable.

Benjamin Marauder , very sturdy solid shooter ! lot of money left for lots of pellets .
+1 ! I was going to suggest the Marauder, as well. It's anly about half of your budget, they offer regulated AND unregulated, I own the regulated, and I'm telling you, this rifle is consistently accurate. I also sanded off all the finish and reapplied a lighter poly coat so it looks like no other, and it was fun to do.

Also, I own a Hatsan AT-44 10 (ten shot metal mag) and I added a regulator, which took me maybe 30 minutes to install. Even unregulated I could go through about seven mags on one fill. The AT-44 10 is super affordable at under $350 and the regulator was about $75 or so. The AT-44 is laser accurate.

Good luck. Also, I have not been looking in over a year and a half, so I have no idea what's new these days, but I know there are a LOT of choices. Good luck !

I saw a few weihrauch hw110 for about 1050, are those good?
They are AWESOME. I forgot what trigger people prefer though between the HW110 and HW100.

From Google :
The 110 is great in its own right but is inferior to the 100 in all respects apart from being a bit lighter and more compact. Both have same shot count and accuracy - the 100 has a far superior magazine and better overall build. Have a look at the new limited edition grey laminate 100KT.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369

So turn key for you it’s crazy. Even backed by Benelli USA.

WOW that's a LOT of gun for $350 bucks ! He will have so much left over for party tricks like a nice scope, tons of different brands of ammo to see which one his gun likes best (or just research what others have bought ) and it's got an internal regulator.

WOW that's a LOT of gun for $350 bucks ! He will have so much left over for party tricks like a nice scope, tons of different brands of ammo to see which one his gun likes best (or just research what others have bought ) and it's got an internal regulator.
It is!!! I wouldn’t be backing them if I thought any differently. No pot metal casting here and the stock is crazy solid and comfy.

Reactions: Perle and mb94952
It's a little over budget but Airguns of Arizona appear to have some unregulated Daystate Huntsman revere 177s for $1150. This is a premium rifle in my opinion, not at all comparable to something like a Avenger X. Nice walnut stock. Refined design they have had for around a decade or more. You could add a regulator fairly inexpensively if you really need it but it will shoot well without it. Just over 6 lbs. Very traditional but has a side lever. About the only thing you give up versus the $1500 regulated version is a little less shot consistency and a few shots per fill. Still should get well over 50 shots without much velocity variation. Plenty capable of squirrel duty.

Reactions: Dairyboy

When they come out with a 50 FPE version... Hmm.. LOL

Reactions: Davewayne75
I have two Gauntlets in .25 and have been pleased with them. I don’t know if they’re available in .22 but a .25 looks like it will do what you want. I’ve gotten at least 40 shots on a fill and not come off the reg. Not heavy, synthetic stocks and in your price range you can dress one up nicely or buy used as I did and get two ready to run and stay under budget. There are better rifles available for higher cost and many have been mentioned here but from a practical view the Gauntlet works for me.

Rick H.

Reactions: mb94952
Get the cheapest dream lite you can find. Power wheel and external Hs screw are a must. Then get an alsafe/tuxing tank off Amazon for 109$. (FX uses alsafe tanks for their branded tanks at 3x the cost) The tank adapter is another 135. And the FX valve 44. My dreamline is my absolute foundation. My mainstay. I love the thing. Add the 25$ plenum and you're shooting 34gr at 900+. Then later if you decide you want. A compact or a 30 or 25. It's only $300 more for a caliber change kit with barrel and superior liner.

I get around 96 shots at 50fpe with mine on a 500cc tank.

About 55- 60 shots when I'm at 58-60 fpe.

Current tune I turn the PW to 16 at 121bar to get 895fps 45/46fpe with 25.4's.

At 17 890 with 27.47 cuda hunters,
At 19 920fps with hybrid slugs
At 21 867 with 30 Slug HP
At 23. 896 with 34grHeavy mk 1

The dreamline is very tunable.

Last edited:
If you're a tinkerer.

NOTOS. NOTOS NOTOS NOTOS

notos, Huben Cricket drop block/reg, port the valve block, the tp, polish the bolt path and hammer channel, toss on a 300+cc tank, FX barrel kit, plenum. The gun is my current baby. For 269. You get a regulated, super accurate .22. But are limited to about 730fps with 15.9 bone stock. Plenum gets you to 760fps, porting to 810 (at stock settings). Messing with regulator pressures and HS tensions can get you to 865 with the 500mm barrel or in the 840 neighborhood with the 380mm

Reactions: daddypaddy