Daystate What wolf?

Not to pick on the FX guys but with a Daystate the first shot won't be a weak one... Every one after that will be in the same hole. 3mph wind, 30.15 barometric pressure, 93 degrees F, 30% humidity @ 50 yds.
2024-08-2617.17.326047274968288647445.jpg

Not to pick on the FX guys but with a Daystate the first shot won't be a weak one... Every one after that will be in the same hole. 3mph wind, 30.15 barometric pressure, 93 degrees F, 30% humidity @ 50 yds.
View attachment 491407
I dunno Rizz... You sure that the Dent on the Target Holder wasn't the first shot? :ROFLMAO:

Keep in mind with AoA it can take a few days to ship as they check the guns before they go out. So may not be in the post until mid/later in the week.

YMMV depending on your idea of loud and your shooting surroundings (ie: neighbors). For me, in .30, the AW needed some more moderation. There is some shroud, but keep in mind most of it is filled with a chrono/electronics.
Well good news got a tracking number it's on the way home now! I like quiet I have a Ronin on my impact .30 I'd like to stay around that sound level or less

Reactions: Rizz01
View attachment 491407
Wrong! Or there is something wrong with mine. if the gun shuts off and I cycle the safety my first shot is slow

Screenshot_20240827_214929_FX Radar.jpg

• Sad
Got my Alpha Wolf Blue edition with the PRS package 3 months ago. It is in .177 FAC mainly because of my country’s crazy laws.
It is my first PPC rifle so there have been a steep learning curve.
I got it to primary shoot 50 meter cheaper that my state of art .22lr rifles.
I must say that I love the gun. I startet out shooting slugs trying out the I thing 6 or 7 settings but soon change to the advanced settings and that really made a difference for the precision.
Not having tried the other options I can only speak for my choice. The gun has definitely not disappointed and precision wise it definitely delivers still have some tweaking to do looking forward to going to the local 50 meter indoor range to get the weather factor out. If you can get it in .22 it will help a lot in the wind and the selection of slugs and pellets are huge compared to .177.
You will not go wrong with a Alpha Wolf and trust me you will love the ability to make your own settings.
Hi SHNDK,
I see you are from Karlslunde Danmark :)

Did your rifle come with only 2 Factory mode settings 13.39 and 15.89. ?
I was was very disappointed when I received my Deltawolf and found only these settings.
It is possible to individual Factory programs for each pellet /slug type you use.

I have made Factory programs for Pellets JSB 8,44 - HN 9,57 - JSB 10,34 - JSB13,43 and JSB16.2
and For Slugs: Zan 10, 13, 16, 20 - JSB Knockouts 10,03 and 13,43.

The Best slugs for the AW are Knockout 13,43 shot at around 925 fps.
I installed the Ultra fire valve, opened up my pellet probe and transfer port in the barrel to get more FPE for the heavier slugs
I gained a lot more power and tested Zan 16 and 20 gr at many speeds. but still the most accurate is Knockout 13.43 gr at 925 fps.
Up to 75m, the 10,03 Knockouts also shoots fine.

Hilsner fra Jylland
Claus

Sean, if your gun is new it's probably just a "break in" issue.....
I bought it used from aoa. I need to figure it out, that was one of the reasons I wanted this gun. My impact I have to dry fire 3-4 times before I shoot at anything. Was hoping with this gun I wouldn't have to do that. I may try pulling the battery overnight to see if that helps. And if anyone has a couple good tunes for .30 let me know lol

• Wow
I bought it used from aoa. I need to figure it out, that was one of the reasons I wanted this gun. My impact I have to dry fire 3-4 times before I shoot at anything. Was hoping with this gun I wouldn't have to do that. I may try pulling the battery overnight to see if that helps. And if anyone has a couple good tunes for .30 let me know lol
Something is really wrong......

Please post the resolution to this issue, as it does sound unusual.

There is a nice thread started by @Franklink about the Ghost. It's very meticulously written and very in depth. It's well worth the read because most of it will apply to the Delta/Alpha Wolf.
The way the factory sets these up is for easy versatility. The rifle can compensate for too high of reg pressure but the price is first shot low in velocity. When you have a SPECIFIC pellet and velocity in mind and want absolute first shot velocity, you're going to have to give up some of that versatility. In this case, start with a lower than needed reg pressure , set the rifle to more than needed power level and fire shots and turn the reg up till you get the velocity you want, then go up just a little more. Set your power level back to where you want and you should be good to go. This will make it much less sensitive to small changes in the pressure.
Mine is typically within 5 fps on shots from being awakened when set up this way for hunting or FT.
Bob

I have both a well used RW walnut, and a new Alpha wolf HP (23") a couple of weeks ago. I love the alpha wolf but it did take a bit of tweaking and adjustment on my part. One thing about this is that the scope tends to be quite high over the barrel, 3.5" from barrel centerline to scope centerline. This means that at any range, accuracy will be poor if the gun is off level or changes from perfectly level from shot to shot. Using the advanced sets, I'm getting consistent .25" single-hole groups from the .22 pellets using JSB monster redesigned from 20 yards indoors. My RWW will shoot single-hole groups but the hole is a bit wider, more like a .35. I think that the best use for my Alpha will be in slug hunting and long-range target work. That was what I bought it for. I'm very satisfied with slug performance in the Alpha.

I have both and love them both for different reasons:
  • AW has much more available power, maxes out about 200% that of the RW.
  • RW has more user-friendly magazine system. RW Gun makes a noise when the last pellet is fired, and won't let you double load a pellet. AW will not prevent a double load and you can't remove the second pellet from the breech easily. The AW magazine is a bit more complicated to load and can be loaded wrong.
  • AW magazine for .22 holds 11 pellets vs 10 for RW, and you can put two magazines in the gun to make reloading faster.
  • AW programmability is far better than RW, with a built-in chrono that is very accurate.
  • AW can change barrels easily, and can go up to .30 caliber (KE of 100 ft-lb)
  • AW allows you to remove air reservoir without depressuring it, making it possible to swap in a spare, but you must have the reservoir connected to refill it from the fill port.
  • RW uses the computer-control to compensate for using unregulated air. AW has a great adjustable regulator.
  • AW in my experience has a slight edge to accuracy with 25.4 gr .22 pellets, but RW does best with pellets of 14 to 18 grains. Use RW low power mode with lighter pellets and high power mode with heavy ones to get velocity consistently in the range of 870 fps.
  • AW seems to shoot 25 gr slugs pretty well and is overall superior for hunting at 50+ yards, and larger varmints. The AW with .22 25-gr pellets can generate more KE and knockdown power than you can get with a Benjamin Marauder in .25 caliber. I would expect that AW will be the best choice for 100-200 yard target shooting. At short range it's hard to tell a difference, and RW might even have a slight edge.

I have both and love them both for different reasons:
  • AW has much more available power, maxes out about 200% that of the RW.
  • RW has more user-friendly magazine system. RW Gun makes a noise when the last pellet is fired, and won't let you double load a pellet. AW will not prevent a double load and you can't remove the second pellet from the breech easily. The AW magazine is a bit more complicated to load and can be loaded wrong.
  • AW magazine for .22 holds 11 pellets vs 10 for RW, and you can put two magazines in the gun to make reloading faster.
  • AW programmability is far better than RW, with a built-in chrono that is very accurate.
  • AW can change barrels easily, and can go up to .30 caliber (KE of 100 ft-lb)
  • AW allows you to remove air reservoir without depressuring it, making it possible to swap in a spare, but you must have the reservoir connected to refill it from the fill port.
  • RW uses the computer-control to compensate for using unregulated air. AW has a great adjustable regulator.
  • AW in my experience has a slight edge to accuracy with 25.4 gr .22 pellets, but RW does best with pellets of 14 to 18 grains. Use RW low power mode with lighter pellets and high power mode with heavy ones to get velocity consistently in the range of 870 fps.
  • AW seems to shoot 25 gr slugs pretty well and is overall superior for hunting at 50+ yards, and larger varmints. The AW with .22 25-gr pellets can generate more KE and knockdown power than you can get with a Benjamin Marauder in .25 caliber. I would expect that AW will be the best choice for 100-200 yard target shooting. At short range it's hard to tell a difference, and RW might even have a slight edge.
Sent it back for a refund . My marauder is more accurate than the Alpha wolf I got kinda ruined the daystate brand for me