• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

What would you do.

Around 12 weeks ago i purchased a benjamin fortitude from sportsmans guide, recieved it with full charge but hammer would not release any pressure, sportsmans guide said they don't accept returns on air rifles. So boxed up and sent to crosman for repair, 3 weeks later it came back saying they replaced transfer port o-ring, tried to fire a pellet but 8 out of 10 attempts to cock it would not catch the trigger, when it did catch, again would not power the pellet out the barrel. Also now safety was inop, back to crosman it went, another 3 weeks and it's back for another try, this time it shot ,cocked and safety works but fps varies avg of 50 fps shooting 22 10 shot groups 220 pellets and didn't improve, back to crosman , this is a regulated rifle and it never shot over 750fps. The last conversation i had they told me they had a marrauder for an exchange if they couldn't get it right, today a marauder arrived with no rotary clip and slightly cracked stock, but it is a marauder, WHAT WOULD YOU DO I'll try to send pic

20220922_143322.jpg

20220922_143725.jpg

20220922_143923.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Around 12 weeks ago i purchased a benjamin fortitude from sportsmans guide, recieved it with full charge but hammer would not release any pressure, sportsmans guide said they don't accept returns on air rifles. So boxed up and sent to crosman for repair, 3 weeks later it came back saying they replaced transfer port o-ring, tried to fire a pellet but 8 out of 10 attempts to cock it would not catch the trigger, when it did catch, again would not power the pellet out the barrel. Also now safety was inop, back to crosman it went, another 3 weeks and it's back for another try, this time it shot ,cocked and safety works but fps varies avg of 50 fps shooting 22 10 shot groups 220 pellets and didn't improve, back to crosman , this is a regulated rifle and it never shot over 750fps. The last conversation i had they told me they had a marrauder for an exchange if they couldn't get it right, today a marauder arrived with no rotary clip and slightly cracked stock, but it is a marauder, WHAT WOULD YOU DO I'll try to send pic

View attachment 291842

View attachment 291843

View attachment 291844

Keep sending it back, until they get it right and you are satisfied. The transaction is incomplete until you are satisfied.

This has worked for me.
Dispute the purchase through you credit card company. They have your best interest because you are the customer, they make money from you, not Sportsman Guide.
Regardless of SG policies, selling you defective merchandise is not permissible.
Call your CC company and ask them how you dispute a purchase. I’m 99% sure you have to do everything in writing. Phone calls won’t/don’t work.
Best of luck. We’re all pulling for you.

Reactions: MEC17670
Call them up and they will just send you a new stock. Get the synthetic (no flaws ever) because it's a pound closer to the Fort. They will also send the mag too. They will make it right.
This morning i called, you were right, new stock and clip on the way, i was scared thinking they would want me to send it back, it shoots very good and glad it's almost over, hope i didn't shame crosman too bad because i think i ended up with a nice rifle.

This morning i called, you were right, new stock and clip on the way, i was scared thinking they would want me to send it back, it shoots very good and glad it's almost over, hope i didn't shame crosman too bad because i think i ended up with a nice rifle.
No you didn't shame them. Just part of manufacturing, especially entry level airguns. They have great customer service. If you want the 5 year warranty just keep in mind that you don't modify the airgun (thereby voiding the warranty). Honestly the Mrod is still one of the best air rifles ever made especially in aftermarket (mod) support, so you can play with it quite a bit. Make sure to check out the new mags from @Hajimoto and @Midwest-Elite-Airgun to expand on the fun...you might also search the forum on popular mod/tunes to eventually try out like the 40/40 tune (again modifying will void the warranty but most go this route eventually). On the mod note, polishing the bolt and oiling it with silicone makes it much more enjoyable and it doesn't change the internals at all.

Congratulations
-Atlas Airguns Podcast

Reactions: BordertownDevil