Whats a Good pcp truck gun

I’m liking the AEA, but what about warranty & service?arent they overseas right? You wouldnt have any qualms with that?

Yea the semi auto looks the shicken, challenger too. 

its harder than i thought finding something. If my budget were closer to $800 there wouldn’t be ANY problems.

AEA Northeast (Pete) is a really solid guy to deal with. Have 2 AEAs the 357 Challenger and the HP SS .30+ both purchased with him. He stands by what he sells, very responsive. So you're not really dealing with China. Maybe there could be long term issues servicing these guns if AEA runs into problems, but that's a risk I'm willing to take given the power and price AEA delivers.

As for a truck gun, a Challenger 357 is about on par with a Benjamin Bulldog but you'll get a couple more "good" shots and a 9 shot magazine. No so expensive that if you ding it up a little you really should care. And it just might be the best gun you own truck gun or otherwise.

You could also do the HP SS in .30 with various barrel lengths, configurations and FPE available.

I have both the Challenger 357 and HP SS 30+ and I can tell you they will both do the job. Obviously the SS 30+ is better at rapid fire closer range, whereas the Challenger simply has 4x the knock down power per shot. For the money I don't think anything on the market can touch the Challenger.

How did it get much heavier? Did you add a bipod to it, flashlight, or maybe an ATN?

15 feet back!! With the 34g or the 1000 plus FPS 25grainers? Sounds more like you blew him back into yesterday!! Or last week,
1f606.svg

Using the 34 grainers, I’m not sure if it did get heavier, or I got weaker. Lol. Just seems that way. Maybe it’s more weight up front now. eIth​​er way, it’s gobs of fun to shoot, but a little much for quick acquisition in the woods. Still nicer to hold than my impact though!

TalonP.

Major brassing on all the turret caps, corrosion in the wells of the hex head fasteners, loss of anodizing in areas forward of breech from hand sweat. Got it from AirForce off their Outlet sight 14 months ago. Can take piglets up to ~25lbs when under 40yds, and progressively smaller animals further out. TalonP is complemented with USO TS-12, 88gr hammer, EagleVision rail for Arca plate and light mount, DFL Sumo or Shogun, and other small fiddly bits for personal convenience. Plinks 6" steels at 100yds. Truck gun.

IMG_9386.1625801743.JPG

TalonP.

Major brassing on all the turret caps, corrosion in the wells of the hex head fasteners, loss of anodizing in areas forward of breech from hand sweat. Got it from AirForce off their Outlet sight 14 months ago. Can take piglets up to ~25lbs when under 40yds, and progressively smaller animals further out. TalonP is complemented with USO TS-12, 88gr hammer, EagleVision rail for Arca plate and light mount, DFL Sumo or Shogun, and other small fiddly bits for personal convenience. Plinks 6" steels at 100yds. Truck gun.

IMG_9386.1625801743.JPG

Oh wow!! I really like this setup. 

@bowtieguy66 Would something like this Talon work for you? https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-airforce-talon-p-25-cal-520/?referrer=1 It's just under $500.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s just too much money to sit under my seat for extended periods of time, and then when i do pull it to use, will it be full of air? If not, I will not be able to use it. A spring piston will always be read to use.

Valid points. I did sink a fair bit of change into this TalonP, and in the end the mods and stuff have proven their value and utility. The base gun is really where its at, power and accuracy. I have not seen any reports of these AF valves being "leaky." Mine has rarely sat unused for longer than a couple days, so I cannot say whether mine has leaked air over time.

ATB, Mark

But 14 months ago you could get any air rifle you wanted. Check their outlet store now, there is NOTHING, everything is gone.

There is always the possibility of scoring one by placing a [WTB] ad here at AGN, maybe seeking a stock gun. I got mine by just calling AF once a week and asking if any TalonPs have come up for Outlet. Eventually got one. AirForce is a bit slow on updating their website. Ask for Rachel, she's the bomb. Specify BLEM as comes with lifetime warranty. I have no idea where the BLEM was on mine, it looked and shot like new. Good luck, brada!

What did you pay for it? I’ve seen others at used sales sites. But the price is weighing high for myself. I’m frugal, but not cheap, i currently want to shoot what i have but rarely do to time and location restraints.

plus that purchase requires a scope, not many repeating pcp’s have open sights. So I’m also looking at the reliability of it, scope broke, out of luck. As well as dusk or dawn.

just finding anything is being a pain, as far as springers, i wont buy anything but Weihrauch, unless a AA is found at similar price, or a side lever Diana.

What did you pay for it? I’ve seen others at used sales sites. But the price is weighing high for myself. I’m frugal, but not cheap

429$ as listed on the Outlet, basically a new gun and warranty. I couldn't find a scratch on it anywhere. Having spent just over a year of basically shooting the snot out of this TalonP on a DAILY basis, it has proven to be reliable and easy to maintain.

Basically, the same scope as my USO can be had in the Vector Veyrons for under 200$ (link). These have been favorably reviewed. The TalonP buttstock runs about 80$ and will need to hunt around for one. Handpump? Ammo? 

I was in a similar situation as you not that long ago. Wanted a new rifle. Got the rifle I really wanted, but had to sift through a whole lot of others just to do the box ticking. Not fun. The 35E SS and 95L Weihrauchs were strong contenders.

ATB, Mark

edit: added some links to reviews and stuffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siCo_FoCrGg&ab_channel=CyclopsVideosJoeWRhea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9p7WSvDNlo&ab_channel=CyclopsVideosJoeWRhea

Even with cosmetic scratches it imperfections I’d take it. Blems dont matter to me at all, as long as its full functional, I have a 95 luxus, but with the stock was syn or just a reg stock. I dont like the pretty wood stocks, if it was going to be in shows or something. Just doesnt suit my purpose in the field where it may slip of something it’s leaning against and scratching it all up. A airforce just pull out some krylon and renew it.

And if you want to help me out, i will buy it from you.

Something cheep, I would go for a marauder pistol with a compact UTG scope. A talon P is another good setup but will not have multi-shot. More pricy, I would go with a Leshiy classic. Its only a single shot but... Well if you have ever shot one, you would understand. Sure there are some who just dont care for it. For me its a dam good and reliable airgun that is hard to beat when it comes to being compact. Scope on the Leshiy. Well I did use a Utg on mine for some time before upgrading to a Vector Optics compact. Another good option. I will say I never had any issues with the Utg. Thats on my springer now. Now with my Leshiy I also have a small red-dot mounted with an off-set rail mount for close range. I take my Leshiy with me when I go out and about in the Jeep. There are some PcP pistol options out there that would be ideal also. I have taken my Ocelot with me several times. Scoped and un-scoped. Gets about 60 shots on a fill and if for some reason you cannot bring a fill station a hand pump will top it off quickly. Same with the Leshiy, hand pumping is not an issue due to the small air chamber. I personally would vote for a Leshiy classic. If you could not tell already. Its a stout airgun that you will not have to worry about banging it around and throwing off your point of impact. This is due to the design. Also you swap the barrels out if you prefer a larger or smaller caliber very easy. This can be done without issues with the thing in your lap even. Its also about as basic as you can get. Currently shooting .177s 13 grainers and close to 900fps very accurately.

Something cheep, I would go for a marauder pistol with a compact UTG scope. A talon P is another good setup but will not have multi-shot. More pricy, I would go with a Leshiy classic. Its only a single shot but... Well if you have ever shot one, you would understand. Sure there are some who just dont care for it. For me its a dam good and reliable airgun that is hard to beat when it comes to being compact. Scope on the Leshiy. Well I did use a Utg on mine for some time before upgrading to a Vector Optics compact. Another good option. I will say I never had any issues with the Utg. Thats on my springer now. Now with my Leshiy I also have a small red-dot mounted with an off-set rail mount for close range. I take my Leshiy with me when I go out and about in the Jeep. There are some PcP pistol options out there that would be ideal also. I have taken my Ocelot with me several times. Scoped and un-scoped. Gets about 60 shots on a fill and if for some reason you cannot bring a fill station a hand pump will top it off quickly. Same with the Leshiy, hand pumping is not an issue due to the small air chamber. I personally would vote for a Leshiy classic. If you could not tell already. Its a stout airgun that you will not have to worry about banging it around and throwing off your point of impact. This is due to the design. Also you swap the barrels out if you prefer a larger or smaller caliber very easy. This can be done without issues with the thing in your lap even. Its also about as basic as you can get. Currently shooting .177s 13 grainers and close to 900fps very accurately.

I like the idea of a leshiy classic. This would be my ONLY choice for a “high end” pcp for a truck gun. Usually I would recommend cheap and stout just based on the fact it would be banged around a lot, but the leshiy can take the abuse! It’s also a great choice for caliber changes. I agree with everything you said!