What’s in your Rifle Case?

Everything but my CF tank. FX chrono, patchworm, ATN rangefinder (not in this pic), fill whip, scale, side shot, allen wrenches etc.

1588940482_11748227435eb54ec2500491.47701999.jpg

I usually go to the range with two bags.

1st: The rifle/pistol case with ammo/magazines

2nd: A range bag with

• Cleaning kit/pull trough for various caliber, with solvent and oil, silicone cloth.
  • Small tool kit (allen keys, screw drivers, needle nose pliers, pocket torque wrench)
  • Utility knife
  • Masking tape
  • Various hearing protections and safety glasses
  • Range finder
  • Pocket spotting scope (Celestron Hummingbird 7-22x50)
  • First aid kit/trauma kit
  • Pen, paper, stapler and pins, targets
  • Breach flags
  • Towel and extra hat

I tend to keep it simple my RAW HM1000 X SWFA SCOPE AND 2 TINS OF PELLETS I DO CARRY A DUFFLE BAG WITH TOOLS AND RANGE FINDER JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF,,MY FEAR IS A ITEM WILL END UP BOUUNCING FREE IN THE CASE CAUSING COSMETIC DAMAGE ,,I DO LIKE YOUR SET UP THOUGH GOOD IDEA WITH THE PATCH WORM PAT

So u have anything what u can think of in an extra bag, also great idea.

thats also a fear of mine, cause of that I’m thinking to put new foam with personalized cutouts.

thank u very much, I really appreciate it! 👍🏻😉

im a little DIY guy😂

I usually go to the range with two bags.

1st: The rifle/pistol case with ammo/magazines

2nd: A range bag with

• Cleaning kit/pull trough for various caliber, with solvent and oil, silicone cloth.
  • Small tool kit (allen keys, screw drivers, needle nose pliers, pocket torque wrench)
  • Utility knife
  • Masking tape
  • Various hearing protections and safety glasses
  • Range finder
  • Pocket spotting scope (Celestron Hummingbird 7-22x50)
  • First aid kit/trauma kit
  • Pen, paper, stapler and pins, targets
  • Breach flags
  • Towel and extra hat

Well, that’s high end! 👍🏻
u really have everything with you, so really nothing could happen!😉

like a pro shooter, u are also shooting powderburners I guess?

Everything but my CF tank. FX chrono, patchworm, ATN rangefinder (not in this pic), fill whip, scale, side shot, allen wrenches etc.

Wow, what case are u using?

It's a Browning 5115 Travel Vault. I think it's a Pelican made for Browning. It's very rugged almost too heavy, they told me you could drive a truck over it without hurting the gun, and I believe it. The FX Impact case is nice, just too short. I'd buy a Crown case like the Impact .35 comes in if I needed another. 

u really have everything with you, so really nothing could happen!😉

Yup, better have it and not need it... than the other way around. And it makes going shooting so much easier/faster.

And since we're talking about getting organized.

- If you soft case has outside molle. You might want to add a water-bottle pouch. This way when you see it you'll think about bringing something to drink and some munchies.

And than there's the reactive target milk-crate. With falling down targets, do-all self healing-bouncing around targets.

If you're looking for a simple way to carry your targets, I've found that a artist portfolio case works good, and it makes it easy to organize you slow fire/rapid fire/25y/50y/small bore/plinking targets

Wow, what case are u using?

It's a Browning 5115 Travel Vault. I think it's a Pelican made for Browning. It's very rugged almost too heavy, they told me you could drive a truck over it without hurting the gun, and I believe it. The FX Impact case is nice, just too short. I'd buy a Crown case like the Impact .35 comes in if I needed another.

Ah ok Thank you for that.

ive looked for the pelicans but they’re a little to expensive for me. Good to know that they are heavy, they’re perfect for a pro shooter that travels a lot. You’re right the FXs are week made but too short, I want to fit my Impact with the Moderator on in it. On eBay i found a case thats a tad longer and only 90€. That’s a nice idea with the .35 Impact case😏

u really have everything with you, so really nothing could happen!
1f609.svg

Yup, better have it and not need it... than the other way around. And it makes going shooting so much easier/faster.

And since we're talking about getting organized.

- If you soft case has outside molle. You might want to add a water-bottle pouch. This way when you see it you'll think about bringing something to drink and some munchies.

And than there's the reactive target milk-crate. With falling down targets, do-all self healing-bouncing around targets.

If you're looking for a simple way to carry your targets, I've found that a artist portfolio case works good, and it makes it easy to organize you slow fire/rapid fire/25y/50y/small bore/plinking targets

That’s absolutely true, but I have to say that I have to drive only 5minutes to my shooting place, maybe I’ll buy an external shooting bag for all the other stuff. But I want to have all the really important things in one case, just grab and go.

the soft case I had is for my Bobcat, with a molle System on it. 👍🏻

iam only taking one target with me when I’m shooting, it’s a homemade tilt target with self-standup mechanism. It has the size of a crow, so perfekt for practice 😉

the image doesn’t show up😳 

btw, Thanks for all the Tipps and Feedback! 

Just the rifle and the bipod, I have a special bag for all the rest of my shooting gear, main reason you don’t want anything loose inside the case and messing up your rig. 

Renz

Good point with the loose stuff, I’m planning to put in a new foam and make cut outs for all the things I’ve in my case.😉

but an external bag for all the other stuff is really a good idea.👍🏻

thanks for the answer.

Regards

Patrick