RTI What's the Biggest Bottle Possible on a Regular Length Prophet❓

On a Regular Length Prophet I/II— What's the Biggest Bottle Possible❓

▪ Without preventing a large diameter silencer

▪ Without taking the shroud off

As I don't yet have a regular length Prophet I or II, I need to know the maximum length the bottle can have — in inches or cm.

It is highly unlikely I will buy a bottle from RTI.... — Maybe you even have a link to the AliExpress product?

Thanks, 😃

Matthias

Last edited:
The overall length might also depend on the regulator you decide to use. Not positive, but I think the standard fixed, adjustable, and Huma are slightly different lengths..so that could affect the OAL

Keep in mind to, caliber may affect shroud length.

There are also shroud extenders available..1” from DFL and 2.4” from RTI

Adjustable reg is -2 1/8”. The Huma is -2 1/16

The length from receiver to the end of the 610mm shroud is -14.5”. So that less the reg length.

Total OAL of bottle you could use would also depend on the bottle end radius and the moderator OD you pick.

Last edited:
The length from receiver to the end of the 610mm shroud is -14.5”

OK, that's probably a length that I can use to calculate maximum bottle length. 👍🏼

To make sure I get this right:
The 14.5" is measured
▪ FROM where the receiver ends, and the shroud begins
▪ TO the end of the shroud with endcap.
▪ This is the regular shroud for the 60cm (24") barrel, not the compact model.

Correct?

Matthias

On a Regular Length Prophet I/II— What's the Biggest Bottle Possible❓

▪ Without preventing a large diameter silencer

▪ Without taking the shroud off

As I don't yet have a regular length Prophet I or II, I need to know the maximum length the bottle can have — in inches or cm.

It is highly unlikely I will buy a bottle from RTI.... — Maybe you even have a link to the AliExpress product?

Thanks, 😃

Matthias
Some older threads on here talked about this (because I was curious too). The general consensus is that you need the extension for a larger moderator, but some people have said that small moderators will work without the extension (like a Tanto). I cannot personally confirm more than just seeing pictures here. The bottle definitely goes past the end of the barrel based on pics here. The RTI extension is 61mm and says it clears a 700cc bottle.

I still only have the factory 500cc bottle. I didn’t want to update it until I’m positive I want it.

Pictures worth a thousand words, lol. This is a Factory Prophet Performance P1 with factory bottle, reg and shroud…

IMG_5404.jpeg

IMG_5405.jpeg

Reactions: Smok3y
I tried a tuxing 700 cc bottle on a Prophet, full size.
Even with the 61 mm shroud extension I wasn't able to use a mod of any decent diameter.
Prophet is now totally standard and the 700 cc bottle is used for field top ups.View attachment 497444
Thanks for confirming this. I found an old picture there where someone showed the rifle with an extension and the picture showed the bottle going past the barrel still. It made me wonder if it was a smaller extension, so thanks for confirming this for us!

Reactions: Spinach