What's the high end pcp market look like, and where do we go from here?

I would like to see more done with hammerless actions. And more than innovation, I would like to see more emphasis on reliability. Perhaps a paradigm shift away from o-rings, but alas, it seems that we’re light years away from ditching the rubber (that’s what she said
1f92a.svg
).

Haha you beat me to it since I was posting such a long reply. Yeah reliability and hammerless. Next time I will beat you!

We are not LY's away from ditching O-rings. 
O-rings, external adjustable pressure loaded ones failing keep dealers in business.

Just ask yourself if we, built The Voyager in the 70's. Landed on The Moon in 69'. The Voyager is still floating through space '

Does anyone actually think we couldn't just use Aerospace Grade Mil-Spec rings & stop leaks forever?

Or how we use to be able to work on our own cars but now, good luck unlesss you have a MAC computer, an app, and tools to even get to things.

If you really like high end guns, and can forgoe the magazine, a Thomas is your answer. Nothing super innovative. Adjustable hammer spring and transfer port from the outside. Adjustable reg inside. Only 6 or 7 orings, and 6 moving parts. The most reliable gun I've owned. In over a year of shooting it I've adjusted nothing on it. I simply pull it from the bag when it's time and shoot. I'm so confident in the gun I've skipped sight in at matches.

So yes, all the new cool toy's and tech are cool af. You can't beat the simplicity, ease of use and reliability of a Thomas though.

1596880753_10216491185f2e777109cfd3.03705028.jpg

That's a nice looking gun! The Thomas guns are ones that are least familiar to me; probably as they aren't as mass marketed as other well-known brands, but in giving them a more detailed glance, they do seem to check alot of boxes that would make them worth their price point. As for your picture, not sure if it's the scope that makes the gun look big, or if it's the gun that makes the scope look big, haha! (Don't answer that, was just trying to be funny) 

I would like to see more done with hammerless actions. And more than innovation, I would like to see more emphasis on reliability. Perhaps a paradigm shift away from o-rings, but alas, it seems that we’re light years away from ditching the rubber (that’s what she said
1f92a.svg
).

Haha you beat me to it since I was posting such a long reply. Yeah reliability and hammerless. Next time I will beat you!

We are not LY's away from ditching O-rings. 
O-rings, external adjustable pressure loaded ones failing keep dealers in business.

Just ask yourself if we, built The Voyager in the 70's. Landed on The Moon in 69'. The Voyager is still floating through space '

Does anyone actually think we couldn't just use Aerospace Grade Mil-Spec rings & stop leaks forever?

Or how we use to be able to work on our own cars but now, good luck unlesss you have a MAC computer, an app, and tools to even get to things.

Sir, are you suggesting that one day, we might have...gasp,,, "Smart guns".. Wonder what company will develop it, Skynet? haha! 

If you really like high end guns, and can forgoe the magazine, a Thomas is your answer. Nothing super innovative. Adjustable hammer spring and transfer port from the outside. Adjustable reg inside. Only 6 or 7 orings, and 6 moving parts. The most reliable gun I've owned. In over a year of shooting it I've adjusted nothing on it. I simply pull it from the bag when it's time and shoot. I'm so confident in the gun I've skipped sight in at matches.

So yes, all the new cool toy's and tech are cool af. You can't beat the simplicity, ease of use and reliability of a Thomas though.

1596880753_10216491185f2e777109cfd3.03705028.jpg

Beautiful gun

That's a nice looking gun! The Thomas guns are ones that are least familiar to me; probably as they aren't as mass marketed as other well-known brands, but in giving them a more detailed glance, they do seem to check alot of boxes that would make them worth their price point. As for your picture, not sure if it's the scope that makes the gun look big, or if it's the gun that makes the scope look big, haha! (Don't answer that, was just trying to be funny)

Thanks. It's the bits that make it look big. I'm 6'2" with long arms to boot. The barrel behind the shroud is only 15". 

Thanks Lt.