What's your best build?

View attachment 443522
Crosman 1720 bottle build with a Marauder rifle .177 barrel. It groups a little better than it did with a 21" Discovery barrel, but in reality wasn't too shabby in that config either.
I did have to modify the loading tray, as the barrel had to have a little more clearance for the transfer port to align properly. Also, the lead on this barrel is a little tighter, plus being one inch shorter, it lost close to 35-40 fps, so I swapped the 1500 psi output reg for a 1800 psi reg. Shoots just over 19 fpe now, so still within Hunter Field target spec. Have a tin of the new Benjamin Match grade pellets on order, anxious to see how they do compared to AA 10.3 gr.

View attachment 443523
These are my three P-Rods - the one on top is equipped with a Marauder 20" LW barrel in .22 with a slightly modified Benjamin Fortitude tube & stock.
Middle unit is a stock P-Rod in a Tom West stock, and the one on the bottom is a P-Rod action in a 1701 tube.

View attachment 443524
And this is a Don Cothran 2250 build with one of his balanced valves regged at 1800 psi getting right at 30 fpe with 16 grainers. And a Grant Stace lefty breech with a really cool barrel band set up making it very sturdy with a stable poi.

All of my guns are "outdated" by AGN standards, but I'm ok with that. I'm comfortable with these formats and old enough to not care about keeping up with the latest and greatest. The GEEZER PARADOX indeed!
That 1720 build is a beauty! Would you consider making a build like that one again? Your build has certainly peaked my interest.

IMG_3184.png
IMG_3182.png

Reactions: Firewalker
Well build or " build "
I did take my Maverick to 700 mm barrel, but instead of buying a far too expensive FX shroud and longer barrel pipe to support that, i got a 100 mm barrel pipe extension from the Netherlands, and then i got 3 CF pipes from China, each fitting nice into the other and inner most on the barrel pipe.
Been shooting that for a few years and as good as any expensive FX factory stuff would be, you just have to keep a eye on the CF "shroud" clocking, CUZ have it turned 180 deg off zero and you are a foot or so off at 50 M.

And i have just now chopped 100 mm of my standard Superior barrel to see if that will allow it to shoot heavier .177 slugs, so now the Maverick are back to stock form, which are quite strange for me and it feel like " dude you chopped way more than 100 mm off that barrel"
But i did not, it is actually a bit longer CUZ i chopped it to be 602 mm, leaving me a bit to work with in case of my ghetto crowning job need to be redone.

So tomorrow going to build more on the new shot shed, and Tuesday is sort of OK winds so that's pegged for shooting.
This time bringing 2 rifles, CUZ i am not entirely sure the Maverick mod will work and i just have to shoot something accurate before i go home on Tuesday.

That 1720 build is a beauty! Would you consider making a build like that one again? Your build has certainly peaked my interest.
Yep, I would consider it - the hardest part, provided one already has a 1720, would be sourcing the drop block, and seeing if Mr. Tom West would consider making the stock. PM ME!

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
My favorite builds have been my Airforce Texans. Have my LR 257 Texan with stock internals in a 1 of 1 stock for the drop adapter for the bottle. Plus the bipod extension made it super easy hitting out to 350yds. Longest shots I ever got to take with it.

The other one is my 457 Texan with an AOA MOAV valve and spring with a custom tungsten hammer. It sends 350gr @1020fps. My favorite deer gun. Every deer has dropped so far with it.

20211117_080006.jpg

20210408_061348.jpg

It was my first build, a .25 caliber Avenger Stock with a 42 FPE. I added a Donny FL barrel extender, replaced the original barrel band with two aftermarket bands, and polished the barrel. The trigger kit was installed, all airways were opened up and polished, and the plenum was upgraded to 16cc. I also added weight to the rear stock. In the end, it achieved 100 FPE, but with a 24-inch stock barrel, I had to dial it back to 70 FPE to maintain good accuracy. I sold the Avenger over a year ago, that's one I wish I had back.

avenger.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
20240126_173750.jpg
20240126_160930.jpg

I had in mind a P-EVOL... pistol for Pistol FT competition. Don't think I'll be at the Northeast Classic with it but REALLY have been enjoying it.
I cut 2 177 barrels from my pile of old Sterling project LWs and they are incredibly good. Since Tom really intends these to be high efficiency hunters, 177 was a poor fit. I made all new valving, thimble, and shroud assembly for the short barrel, and the tensioner for the long barrel. Tom donated a light ssg hammer from a previous project to this as well. CARM created a magazine and two different single shot loaders for me also. It makes 20 ft lb @ 1700 psi for near 100 shots and 12 ft lb @ 1300 psi for way more... too many to bother counting.
SUPER pleasant to shoot and as accurate as anything else I have. It gets shot more than anything else in my inventory... 😄
Bob

2260 pcp in a mauser K98 Sako stock with a Froggy's multi shot breech. I think it was one of the last ones he made. Rocking a marauder pistol barrel. Carbon fiber shroud.

Tuned for 9 fpe and 30 shots on a 2000 psi fill. Capable of 20 fpe at 3000 psi, but it barks too loud at that point. Absolute laser beam with RWS Super H points.

20240621_181556.jpg

Reactions: Motorhead
I've upgraded my Texan 308: the barrel is now polished, and the original valve, hammer, and spring have been replaced with the Airforce Gunpower Texan 308 Power Upgrade Kit. This kit includes a larger valve, a heavier hammer and spring, and a barrel saver was added. The rear stock is from Talon Tunes, and the aluminum tank has been swapped out for a 4500 psi carbon fiber bottle.

IMG_20240403_140938260.jpg