• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What's your favorite compact PCP?

View attachment 471709

My short compact preference are these 2 lol . the leshiy classic sometimes wears a holo sun cqb red dot as well with a chevron . I like to keep things 40 and under with these rigs . Your mileage may vary haha.
How do you use the mag and red dot together? Looks like it's over half the red dot lol

• Haha
Reactions: swNCsw
I have really been liking the Katran rifles. They are solid and shoot great. And they make a great house gun for yard critters.

20240611_160948.jpg

Is yours the RTI Performance "Compact"?

Do you shoot pellets in yours? I thought they were barreled for slugs?

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I am a pellet shooter only.

The RTI Prophet Performance V1 (full size - not compact) is only 30 inches long - without moderator. So I don’t really see the need for the compact version.

The Prophet V1 had pellet barrels in all 4 calibers - with the .22 and .25 calibers having special “Long Range” (marked LR) barrels with slow 1:32 twist rates - optimized for long range pellet shooting even at higher than normal velocities.

The Prophet 2 and Prophet 3 come with the same pellet barrels as the Prophet 1 in calibers .177 and .30.

The Prophet 2 and Prophet 3 barrels in .22 and .25 have large transfer ports and faster twist rates (marked RPB) optimized for slug shooting, although they also shoot pellets well at normal pellet velocities.

The cool thing about RTI Prophet versions 1,2 and 3 is that all barrels are interchangeable across versions, so you can have the latest P3 and use the .22 LR barrel from the P1 - and it takes 2 minutes to swap barrels (I’ve timed myself, lol)

-Ed

IMG_4839.jpeg

There have been a couple of Taipan Veteran shorty’s in the classifieds lately. If you don’t mind rear cocking, they are some of the best guns made.
I second this IF you can get one and rear cocking is not an issue. But there are others, leyla, BRK ranger/ atomic, krait, cricket 2, AAA Evol mini, RAW micro. ETC.

Reactions: L.Leon
My Taipan Mutant Shorty conversion to .177 7lbs 3oz x 23 1/2"long hammer spring adjust from 380fps to 930fps. 1 of 5 conversions.

View attachment 472476
Cool & unique. For some reason, I like the Vets with the old glossy finish on the shroud/moderator and air tube compared to the matte finish they came out with later.