N/A Whats your most consistently accurate airgun?

Whats that one airgun you have that's got that unicorn barrel that just amazes you everytime you shoot it? I've owned many airguns and I can't say I've had one like this before just crazy accurate. My Taipan Vet Long .22 shooting JTS 18gr at 920fps.
View attachment 492237
50yds 4 5 shot groups. Avg of .284". I think my parallax was off a hair as it wasn't dead center on all targets like usual but not too stressed about that. On the second one the last shot was the one that dropped lower. If it didn't it was .184" for those first 4 and would have avg .216". Hard to complain when your worst group is .456" and still subMOA. Also think the .155" is my best 5 shot group at 50yds to date. But yeah this gun has about ruined me now and expectations of accuracy with other guns. Kinda sucks lolView attachment 492241View attachment 492240

Hey Dillon - wow, really tight groups and outside too. .284” average is ridiculous at 50Y.

I had a Vet .25 Long and it was a great gun. Not as accurate as yours though!

Outstanding.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I'd be interested in that. First group on the left is my first shots out of the gun over night. First shot punched the little black dot out as it normally does.
I would one up the challenge and fire one pellet every 6 months for 2.5 years. Anyone want to stick around long enough? The only gun I own with a reg in it that could do it is my Taipan. And yes, stock reg. No cheater markings like a Huma but hasn’t crept since 2017. This is the gods honest truth. When I purchased my Taipan from R&L airguns, it was for the 84 or 90 yard feeder at the corner of my yard. I zeroed it on a calm day for the feeder. Not 30 or 50 and being Mr. Clicky for 90. A true 90 yards zero. Never touched the scope until I think it was you who convinced me the Taipan is a nicer carry gun without a Hubble telescope on it. I went at least two years without even a click. Maybe three. I would pick red squirrel off that feeder when the gun had sat months. It will never get sold. All my RTI’s, FX’s, Edguns and others will go down the road some day. My Taipan won’t.

You better eat it!
Since, I assume the squirrel did not threaten you.

Vermin.
They burrow into the sides of the sileage pit, ruining the structural integrity. They eat the corn stored there that is meant to feed cattle through the winter. They chew open and ruin the pumpkins in the patch that are grown to sell.

So, I shoot them with no remorse, and then move them away from the cattle feed, so that they can rot like the trash they are.

THIS is what airguns are for.

So looks like that for most users Taipan is the most consistently accurate gun.

Please guide me why I don't find many users of Taipan guns in competitions?

And if there are some I Hhardy find winning them titles.
Maybe because most of the people making the Taipan comments are not into competing. And indeed, I don't feel that the Taipans are the best guns to compete with merely for the fact that they're a huge pain to tune properly. However, once tuned, the gun will typically stay tuned unless intentionally changed. You can't be in a competition with the Taipan and finding yourself having to fine tune the regulator or having to adjust the valve return spring (since there is no such adjustment on the gun).

Competitions have different requirements to, say, a varmint rifle. Not everyone needs/wants a competition gun.

Reactions: Mr.H and Dairyboy
#1 - Motorhead tuned Thomas
#2 - USFT Mac1 BR .22 rig
#3 - Redwolf HP .177
#4 - Daystate Wolverine Sapphire.177
#5 - Brocock Ghost(s)

But accuracy doesn’t determine which rifle gets all the attention…. How well it works with my body does! And #5, the little Ghost Carbine spends very little time in the cabinet.

Not interested in shooting past 100 yards.

And if there are some I Hhardy find winning them titles.
And as @Franklink has mentioned previously, Taipan do not “push” their guns into the hands of competitors. Nor are there a wealth of accessories such as “slug power kits” or rails. Yet stock vs. stock, my Vet 2 tactical has me shooting 15% tighter groups than my Panthera with the same ammo, no slow initial shots or POI shift after resting.

Might the question be better posed as; with which rifle do you usually shoot better? If all shooter and environmental variables are removed, so as to test the rifle only, it's really a test of barrels. The Taipan is prominent in the results, and why? It has an excellent trigger, and if supported on a bench, it is easy to shoot well. Why is it not seen more in high level competition? At that level, purpose-built BR rifles are all easy to shoot well, when compared to our more general-purpose rifles. So, the more subtle differences in mechanicals are revealed. So, not to pick at semantics, but I believe we are really testing the ergonomics of rifle fit and feel more than inherent accuracy potential, which is usually going to exceed the shooter's ability. I like the old Jeff Cooper quote, "beware the man with one gun, he can probably use it." As an aside, many of the top BR rifles would be a huge pain to use for our more general needs, some even virtually impossible.

My FWB 300SU at 25 yards is tops.

25M BR target.jpg

And if there are some I hardy find winning them titles.

I use my Taipans for field target events on a regular basis, and do well with them.

The highest profile events where I've placed well with a Taipan have been the Extreme Field target event at Extreme Benchrest in 2022. I placed third that year. And a few months ago I won one of the five Grand Prixs in the 2024 Extreme Field Target series, also using a Taipan.

I use them at monthly field target and silhouette matches on a regular basis, and do well with them.

As previously noted, Taipan isn't into the spnsorship thing. EBR, PA, and RMAC are more product showcases than anything else. Guys aren't shooting Taipans in high volumes at those events because Taipan isn't sending sponsored teams to this events.

Predominantly FX guns at RMac and predominantly Daystate/BRK guns are EBR. That ties back to how the retailer running each of those events has structured the competitors via the "registration" process.

No retailer is pushing Taipans and Taipan isn't sponsoring any teams. Those facts, yet Taipan STILL having such an outstanding reputation, should tell you a lot about the quality and performance of a Taipan. And especially when you consider that all Taipan reports are real owners who paid for them with her own money.

I don't compete. No interest in it. I pest and occasionally shoot targets to see of i need to clean my barrel and that its holding groups that it usually does. Taipans don't market to the BR crowd like other companies do. They are just known for shooting very well and being very durable, dependable guns. And that's why they sell and people love them.

What I find very interesting and somewhat surprising in a way but makes sense, how many highly adjustable guns have been stated in this thread? I see lots of Taipans and RAWs, crickets, USFT, Thomas, FWB300S, Daystate Revere, some Delta/alpha wolf's/Ghosts. There were others but not really repeats. Most guns on this list aren't what the top shooters in BR shoot. I'm a little surprised to be honest. But shows maybe simple guns aren't too bad after all lol.

Also about fitment and ergonomics, I wouldnt say the Taipan beats others in that category. It's not the most comfortable gun I've been behind. I think an Uragan is far more comfortable and for rifle BSA R10 still stands out to me as one of the best fitting guns to me I've owned. But I didn't shoot them as good as this. But what I can say about Taipan is the whole package is just hard to beat overall for pellets. Trigger is one of the best triggers out there, not even talking just bullpups which is a feat in itself, barrels are very sturdy and no POI shifts, regs are known for being very good and stable meaning no creep, cocking even though in the rear is very easy and smooth, and anti double load system works great, then the shot cycle is one of the best out there. Hard to find complaints about them.

The newer ones with forward cocking and able to push alot more power seem to be doing very well also.

And if there are some I hardy find winning them titles.
Let’s look at it from a different angle. You and I are FX Impact owners. We know everything there is to know about that gun and its glaring weaknesses. But it wins competitions. Why? Because if you win a competition with a FX, you can punch your ticket on the gravy train. If you win with a lot of others, even possibly a FX Crown, you could be swept under the rug quickly. There has to be hype surrounding your weapon of choice. And lastly, Taipan doesn’t make a .30.

A competition gun only has to be solid for a day during an event. Us hunters need solid every day every month every year. No sighters between shots.

Let’s look at it from a different angle. You and I are FX Impact owners. We know everything there is to know about that gun and its glaring weaknesses. But it wins competitions. Why? Because if you win a competition with a FX, you can punch your ticket on the gravy train. If you win with a lot of others, even possibly a FX Crown, you could be swept under the rug quickly. There has to be hype surrounding your weapon of choice. And lastly, Taipan doesn’t make a .30.

A competition gun only has to be solid for a day during an event. Us hunters need solid every day every month every year. No sighters between shots.
Good points. What I see is manufacturers that use rock solid regulators. Taipan and Kalibr seem to have mastered the regulator. My Kalibr was great even after months of no use. The Huma in my Atomic and Revere have been great, same regulator. The Huma is not as beefy as the taipan and Kalibr, but it’s still a good one. My unregulated guns in the past have also been very reliable and predictable once I learned the pressure range. I think an old unregulated royale or boss are tops for the list also. I wish FX continued those lines as unregulated for hunters.