N/A Whats your most consistently accurate airgun?

Crown Continuum MK2 .22 and my Delta Wolf for me. They stack pellets on 50m.

Most of the guns I own are accurate it just depends on which one suits me more and how much I suck that day. Those two just suit me best.
You bring up an interesting point. On days you suck, what gun can you still shoot well. For me it’s a traditional style rifle with pellets. If I’m not shooting them well, I do something else.

I probably shouldn’t post here, as I only have one airgun at the moment. The Taipan Veteran 1 Compact .25. I can’t really justify owning more than one air rifle, But in the last 15 years I have on some other nice Airguns. A Cricket .22, which I never should’ve sold. that was pellet upon pellet at 50 yards after Charlie Frear tune from Georgia Airguns. I have owned some FX products, they were nice, but not as dependable as the Taipan. A friend of mine, loaned me his FX crown, which was honestly boring to shoot as that was another rifle that was pellet on top of pellet at 50 yards.😂 plus I don’t really like long rifles, I prefer bullpups or carbines.
The Taipan is pretty darn accurate 50 yds and in. I don’t shoot paper other than to check zero at 50. I live in a rural area and I have a lot of pests. My only gripe with my Vet is that it’s heavy, if I could find something at least a pound lighter that gave me the same dependable action and trigger and groups, I would be tempted to replace it.
And if I need to shoot anything at 75 yards or longer, there’s other tools in my gun cabinet that I can pick up and use.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I probably shouldn’t post here, as I only have one airgun at the moment. The Taipan Veteran 1 Compact .25. I can’t really justify owning more than one air rifle, But in the last 15 years I have on some other nice Airguns. A Cricket .22, which I never should’ve sold. that was pellet upon pellet at 50 yards after Charlie Frear tune from Georgia Airguns. I have owned some FX products, they were nice, but not as dependable as the Taipan. A friend of mine, loaned me his FX crown, which was honestly boring to shoot as that was another rifle that was pellet on top of pellet at 50 yards.😂 plus I don’t really like long rifles, I prefer bullpups or carbines.
The Taipan is pretty darn accurate 50 yds and in. I don’t shoot paper other than to check zero at 50. I live in a rural area and I have a lot of pests. My only gripe with my Vet is that it’s heavy, if I could find something at least a pound lighter that gave me the same dependable action and trigger and groups, I would be tempted to replace it.
And if I need to shoot anything at 75 yards or longer, there’s other tools in my gun cabinet that I can pick up and use.
look at the Crown MKII Continuum with 380mm barrel, not heavy and very well balanced and short.

I have several rifles that are inherently more accurate than I can shoot them. However, I most consistently and accurately shoot my .22 Daystate Airwolf the best. My .177 Daystate Mk4, .20 Daystate Huntsman Regal, .22 Air Arms S510 Carbine FAC and my .177 BSA R10 are right there as well. It's just that the Airwolf trigger is by far #1 of them all except the MK4 is an almost undiscernible #1A)

air wolf.jpg

Daystate cotton wood tree.jpg

Mk 4 .177.jpg

I sure hope Michael is reading this post , It looks like the Taipan is the clear winner here , I got kicked off this site many years ago as IRIDE , I bought a mutant 22 and was singing the song, How great the gun was , I was told this is a FX site and I was clearly a Taipan dealer , And I was kicked off AGN for talking about my Mutant, I didn't have a FX so could not talk about one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still Iride on a few old sites but that goes back 20 years or so..
Mike

Y’all might laugh at this by my Benjamin Marauder “Pistol” aka Prod shoots pretty damn good out to 40 yards. I was shooting it earlier after not shooting it for several months and it was putting pellets the rough the same hole and I was seated on a bucket without using a rest 20 yards from my target. It was doing this with CPHP in some moderate wind gusts. I don’t know if it’s my most consistent, but this barrel hasn’t given me an issue that I can recall and it shoots a few different pellets pretty accurately if I do my part.

My Brocock Bantam Sniper HR has been really consistent over the few years I’ve had it out to 100 yards with 34 grain domed Diabolo pellets.

Last edited:
All 3 of my PCP guns are remarkably consistent. But the one that blows me away every time is the .177 Gen 1 Marauder. I was always pleased with the gun but felt that accuracy could be better. I'd come away from every shooting session happy, but scratching my head. A LW barrel was the finishing touch after 7 years, but it was really tippy and top heavy with a scope. It now wears a Williams peep sight and I think this is what makes the gun so amazing. It has great balance, even if it is on the heavy side. The combination of a really great barrel and a super long sight radius stacks pellets at 25 yards. And this with my elbows on a picnic table, no rest. If I get my sight picture right, it is pellet on pellet. She's old and not very sophisticated but when squirrel season comes around, this is the one I head into the woods with.

I sure hope Michael is reading this post , It looks like the Taipan is the clear winner here , I got kicked off this site many years ago as IRIDE , I bought a mutant 22 and was singing the song, How great the gun was , I was told this is a FX site and I was clearly a Taipan dealer , And I was kicked off AGN for talking about my Mutant, I didn't have a FX so could not talk about one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still Iride on a few old sites but that goes back 20 years or so..
Mike

Lol, can relate, but only for being an 'fx basher' which was heavily frowned upon years ago because of...for a lack of better words, ties. I could probably post the exact same meme today that got me removed from the forums ~4 years ago with no one batting an eye.

-Matt

My .177 RAW has never failed me. It is consistently accurate with 1/2" groups at 50yds and never any POI changes. The poly barrel is super consistent throughout the bore with a beautifully machined crown. This barrel is an absolute gem!

My .22cal RAW is a different story - it's a complete turd. Even after trying 3 different LW poly barrels (2 unchoked and 1 choked), none of them came anywhere close to my .177cal LW poly barrel.

I still regret not get getting a vet long in both .177 and .22.
I have .22 cal. Raw it shoots as good as I do, FX Crown, both will hang with .22 bench rest guns @ 50yds. Also an AF Condor ss in .25.

For me it is my RTI Prophet Performance. The first one without the balanced valve.

Makes absolute sense and a big reason why I am not an advocate for balanced valves, I don't even like the term 'balanced valve' associated with them because its not 'balanced' lol...a well made 'balance valve' reduces the pressure in closed state and returns the valve to a non-reduced pressure state when open so it can be tamed via hammer strike, one that does not return to such state is considered Blow Open valve, like the Cothran valve.

Doesn't even fit the definition here...

Ah well, just my pedantic mind ranting...

-Matt

Reactions: airgunmike56
Makes absolute sense and a big reason why I am not an advocate for balanced valves, I don't even like the term 'balanced valve' associated with them because its not 'balanced' lol...a well made 'balance valve' reduces the pressure in closed state and returns the valve to a non-reduced pressure state when open so it can be tamed via hammer strike, one that does not return to such state is considered Blow Open valve, like the Cothran valve.

Doesn't even fit the definition here...

Ah well, just my pedantic mind ranting...

-Matt
I had been looking at the Prophet for some time and was already going to buy one, when they released the Prophet 2. I NEVER buy the first release of anything new, but with it was released, I started looking around for a first version Prophet in hopes of getting a clearance discount and I kind of did. I got the performance for the price another shop was asking for a compact, so I ran up my credit card bill and could not be happier with what I got.
Especialy after reading about all of the problems with the first P2 Prophets.

I had been looking at the Prophet for some time and was already going to buy one, when they released the Prophet 2. I NEVER buy the first release of anything new, but with it was released, I started looking around for a first version Prophet in hopes of getting a clearance discount and I kind of did. I got the performance for the price another shop was asking for a compact, so I ran up my credit card bill and could not be happier with what I got.
Especialy after reading about all of the problems with the first P2 Prophets.
I have to agree, original prophet is perfect. Never getting rid of it.
Prophet 2, probably the most accurate I've ever had, bloody reliability issues though.
So for me, the original prophet wins.

Balanced valves and paying customers being used as test pilots . Never again.

I have to agree, original prophet is perfect. Never getting rid of it.
Prophet 2, probably the most accurate I've ever had, bloody reliability issues though.
So for me, the original prophet wins.

Balanced valves and paying customers being used as test pilots . Never again.
Balanced valves seem like a good idea, but the orignal Prophet, just did not need it.

Have you tried any of the RPB barrels in your P1 and compared the acuracy to a P2?
I bought a .25 RPB and it shoots very well in my Prophet Performance. I have not shot a P2 so I can not make a comparison.

Reactions: Spinach
The one thing I dint like about balanced valves that I'm aware of is the slow first shot. I'm not sure if all do but does seem like quite a few have stiction issues which for my shooting is unacceptable so I tend to stick to standard valved guns.

I gotta say all of these posts and as far as I can remember Impact hasnt been stated. A few Crowns. I don't even think Panthera made the list. Alittle shocked to be honest. Unless I missed them. Also R5M hasn't been stated much maybe 1? I'd put that in my Top 3 airguns of all time with the Taipan Long and Evol as most consistent, accurate airguns I've owned