What's your oldest break barrel (only talking break barrels)

If my Britannia doesn't quality, then it would have to be this deluxe FLZ Original V. It has a blued steel grip cap & buttplate, sling swivels, and a double-set trigger that is as light and predictable as a FWB300. It also has an interesting stamp of a deer head and crossed rifles surrounded by vines with acorns. I bought it a couple of decades ago from a WWII vet who claimed to have rescued it from a huge soon-to-be-destroyed pile of firearms in Allied-occupied Germany.

u6fpgyq.jpeg

vuBZ2V6.jpeg

QXYaSXh.jpeg
WOW. That's one of most beautiful air rifles I've ever seen, and nice pics too!

I respectfully request that you please do a stand-alone post on this treasure, with more photos of details, etc.?

Last edited:
If my Britannia doesn't quality, then it would have to be this deluxe FLZ Original V. It has a blued steel grip cap & buttplate, sling swivels, and a double-set trigger that is as light and predictable as a FWB300. It also has an interesting stamp of a deer head and crossed rifles surrounded by vines with acorns. I bought it a couple of decades ago from a WWII vet who claimed to have rescued it from a huge soon-to-be-destroyed pile of firearms in Allied-occupied Germany.

u6fpgyq.jpeg

vuBZ2V6.jpeg

QXYaSXh.jpeg
Amazing rifle with amazing wood , what a lucky person to own this .

Reactions: PaulK62
I think this is my oldest break barrel; but unfortunately, I don't know with any certainty the date of manufacture, or even the maker. There is a partial serial number/assembly number stamped on the trigger and trigger housing; but other than that, the only marking is a small "AS" stamped on the barrel. Anybody know what it means?

FLZ (2).jpg

flz2 (2).jpg

Nowhere near the oldest or prettiest in this thread! But three senior citizens of interest.

Top: HW 55T from 1956. Note finger-groove fore end, barrel sleeve weight, double-threaded front sight, early version of Rekord trigger, red rubber buttplate, slender rear sight with original Hensholt iris.
Center: my oldest HW 55, an M from maybe 1952 or '53. Short trigger block, cast buttplate, I don't think it has a single part in common with 55's from Beeman days. Once owned by my late pal and airgun guru, professor Gaines Blackwell.
Bottom: a post-war Diana 27 from the early 1950's. An early "Hy-Score model 807" with their medallion in the stock. Note simple pre-war style sights, solid aluminum trigger blade, and rather pretty beech stock.

IMG_5293.jpeg

IMG_5294.jpeg

Last edited:
I think this is my oldest break barrel; but unfortunately, I don't know with any certainty the date of manufacture, or even the maker. There is a partial serial number/assembly number stamped on the trigger and trigger housing; but other than that, the only marking is a small "AS" stamped on the barrel. Anybody know what it means?

View attachment 472083

View attachment 472084
Looks like a FLZ they make most of this type.