When did Monstrum start making nice things?

I usually buy quality scope rings, caps and bubble levels for my scopes but recently bought a cheap Discovery scope. 2-12x24 HD for $160. The scope on my Taipan Long has MKM scope caps at $75 and lo pro billet bubble level which run around $50 and UTG PRO rings which are $50. I've paid more for rings in the past but for the money the UTG are really nice. That's more than the scope lol so looked for cheaper ones.

Luckily scope caps were included but I stumbled across rings and bubble levels from Monstrum. I always thought they were super cheap like CVLife and not worth the time. These looked nice though and thought why not try and see.

Paid $15 for the rings as they were on sale and $15 for bubble level. I'm very impressed with these. Quality seems well above what I paid for. The bubble level isn't filled with sludge like the other cheap ones that take a couple seconds to respond. It's actually very sensitive and nice and lo pro like my MKM. The rings fit the scope nicely and my rail also. I'm not saying the quality is better than my other more expensive ones, but for the money not sure I'd go with the others again. At least on a cheaper scope I for sure will be going with these again. The bubble level probably will be the only ones I buy here on out though.

Monstrum Razorclaw Series Precision Scope Rings https://a.co/d/8tPV136

Monstrum Rifle Scope Level Bubble https://a.co/d/2c5K60l

20240924_211028.jpg

I wish I would have saw these a couple of days ago. I bought a set of the Monstrom Pro Series rings for twice this price. They are a harder 7075 aluminum and class 3 anodizing, but otherwise essentially the same ring. I don't really need that kind of strength on the Evol, just repeatability close to an MOA when having to take the scope off and on is high on the list. The current rings with their floating clamps have me re-zeroing the horizontal plane by 2-3 mils and that is not even close to being repeatable.

I usually buy quality scope rings, caps and bubble levels for my scopes but recently bought a cheap Discovery scope. 2-12x24 HD for $160. The scope on my Taipan Long has MKM scope caps at $75 and lo pro billet bubble level which run around $50 and UTG PRO rings which are $50. I've paid more for rings in the past but for the money the UTG are really nice. That's more than the scope lol so looked for cheaper ones.

Luckily scope caps were included but I stumbled across rings and bubble levels from Monstrum. I always thought they were super cheap like CVLife and not worth the time. These looked nice though and thought why not try and see.

Paid $15 for the rings as they were on sale and $15 for bubble level. I'm very impressed with these. Quality seems well above what I paid for. The bubble level isn't filled with sludge like the other cheap ones that take a couple seconds to respond. It's actually very sensitive and nice and lo pro like my MKM. The rings fit the scope nicely and my rail also. I'm not saying the quality is better than my other more expensive ones, but for the money not sure I'd go with the others again. At least on a cheaper scope I for sure will be going with these again. The bubble level probably will be the only ones I buy here on out though.

View attachment 499421
I have been buying their scope rings for the past 2 to 3 years now and for the money. I think that they're better than anything out there.That's a hundred dollars and under.

Their elevation adjustment scope rings are superb. They kick the FX ones and write to the curb which are nearly $80 while monstrums are around $30 and they have a locking grub so no amount of carrying your rifle by the scope will change you poi.

Also , their prism scopes are really nice and they have a 1-10x24 LPVO for SFP and 1-10x24 MPVO for FFP which are fantastic.

purchased my first monstrum product a couple weeks ago, as they had what I needed,,, forward , low mount at a reasonable price
I am satisfied with it

Honestly their stuff isn't total junk. I had a 1-4x FFP LPVO from them on my Zeus and it was decent. I've also used their pic rail riser and stuff and been happy with it.

On another note - what do you think of the Discovery 2-12? I have two of them now and for the money I am quite satisfied.
For the money I'm very impressed with it. Having an LPVO with parallax adjustment that's this affordable is nice for airguns. If I didn't have a Zulus on my Taipan Short I'd put another on that. I really like that the reticle is easily usable for me on 4x and at 12x it's not too thick either.

I think a Notos paired with this scope could be one of the best beginner/budget combos out there.

Reactions: Ranchibi

View attachment 499421
I love the clarity of the Discovery scope I have.

Nice setup you have there.