When New Members or Old Members with Low Post Counts…..

I busted a fellow on another forum that had legitimate posts. I got suspicious on one of his for sale ads I'd responded to as his response was "odd"
I copied a couple of his posts and Google searched to find they were copied from another forum word for word to look legit!
I almost had to commend him.
BEWARE, THEY ARE GETTING SMARTER

I'm a long term member with low post count myself only because I find time better spent shooting and am a poor communicator on forums.
But......PM me and I have an FX King for $500 Zelle only..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Some time ago, I posted a WTB ad. A "long time" member, but inactive for some time PMd me that he had my product I wanted but wouldn't contact me via text as I asked for. I did some research on the fella, found out where he lived. Then googled him and founds his obit. Obvious account hack. Be careful out there!

Some time ago, I posted a WTB ad. A "long time" member, but inactive for some time PMd me that he had my product I wanted but wouldn't contact me via text as I asked for. I did some research on the fella, found out where he lived. Then googled him and founds his obit. Obvious account hack. Be careful out there!
Maybe he was a Zombie, LOL

has the administration been notified of this account? hacking

…start commenting on irrelevant 2, 3, 4 year old threads, be suspicious. Watch their activity in the classifieds forum and be mindful if they PM you trying to sell you something.
Like this?

Yes unfortunately you must always be leery, unless you really no someone and even that is no guarantee. I have been betrayed by some I held to high esteem :(
There was a member with a handle similar to yours who was accused of scamming some AGN members. The handle was @SimpleGuy aka Anthony Jarvis. From what I’ve read, he had been around the forums a while prior to taking advantage of fellow members. Checkout his feedback.

Other indicators that help you see what some of these suspicious members are up to are as follows:

1) Creating several threads in a short period. In these threads their only post may be the initial post where they ask questions and ghost (abandon) the thread.

2) When you go to their profile and click “More Options” then “Find All Content,” all of their bull 💩 pops up in a list there. It’s very easy to see. I don’t care what they say after you call them out on it, it’s there for all to see. I’ve seen many types BSers come and go on here, but the evidence speaks volumes. I don’t care how they try to dress it or who tried to vouch for them. If you vouch for a suspicious person who is behaving strangely on the forums, you also become suspect in my eyes.

3) There are other that I will not reveal because I don’t think it’s worthwhile to lay everything out in this thread so they can read it and try to circumvent methods of sniffing out potential scammers BSers.

I don’t come here to start mess. I enjoy being a part of this community and what it has to offer. If you see me riled or rousting someone, there’s likely a reason for it.