Where to have parts anodized?

Hi guys, sorry if the topic was covered before but I couldn’t find anything on it.
Basically I’m looking to buy either a Saber Tactical or AirMarksman top rail and extended bottom rail, I am interested in having them anodized, both in the same color, is there anyone in the forum or any reputable website that would do such a job?
I‘m from Argentina, very difficult to have it done here, I have a friend that will be traveling to the US in a couple of months that would give me time to buy online and have it sent to anodize.
Thanks,

Lucas

When i did Zinc plating and chrome, and also sand blasted and spraying Zink onto that, well we did a lot of stuff for people.
Mostly car parts from old cars ASO
I did a computer case + power supply in chrome, and then painted the plastic parts gold,,,,, i had the most flashy computer in Denmark back then ( late 90ties )

So i would just contact a place that do what you need, and see if they can find room for your parts.

My last race bike i got painted by a automotive painter friend, with 2 colors and fades in between those, for the princely price of a case of beer.

Anodizing at home is easy, but it does require a power supply. An old-fashioned car battery charger will do, but the new ones are too "smart" to work. PDF link to a decent set of instructions: http://www.uponone.com/howtos/1.pdf if that doesn't work try searching "focuser anodizing" or "Ron Newman anodizing".

There are just a few things that are critical to pay attention to:
1. The surface must be clean and grease free. Wipe down with acetone and/or boil in water. Sandblasting is a great way to prep the surface, but it's not necessary. Whatever you do, the finish will show through the anodizing, so don't expect it to hide scratches, machining boo boos, etc.
2. Aerate (stir) your electrolyte bath AND your dying bath(s). If the fluid isn't in constant motion you will not get a uniform anodize / color.

Caswell is a good source of dyes and they have a metal finishing book that's good as well (including their instructions for anodizing).

Regards,

GsT

Reactions: Ezana4CE and uladz
There are plenty of places practically everywhere in US that could do such a job for you. Just open up the place where your friend will be hanging around in google maps and type "anodize" in search, I'm pretty much sure there will be at 10 place that can this job for you. At least that's what I see on a map around me. Check reviews and prices and pick one :). It's fairly complicated to do it yourself at home IMHO (@GeneT would not agree probably :)), but for a professional metal working shop it's nothing special.