Sig Sauer Which co2 Pellet Gun

I've been searching for the past couple months as to which pellet gun to get taking into consideration pricing, features, power, etc. I've finally narrowed it down to four, mainly because I really like the quick switch out on the co2 cartridges. I'm not crazy about any pump/break barrel action or the expense and charge time with the PCP guns and have decided to go with co2 cartridges. There are other co2 guns that seem to be more dependable and better priced and have good reviews, but I like the following, and I'll explain why, but would like some input, pros, cons, etc.

I'm interested in the Sig M17, as well as the Sig P226, Sig P229, and possibly the Sig X-Five. These four caught my attention because I did not want to fiddle around with any tools to swap out the co2 cartridge. I also like the ability to multi fire, mainly because I'll be spending a lot of time on my property and want to be able to have some type of protection without any delay. Just enough of power to get the attention of whatever person or animal that may be defiant and could cause harm.

I know, your first thoughts would be to register a firearm, even if it was a 22 or 9mm, but living in the state I do, I do not want to be on the man's radar, with them watching over my shoulder telling me what I can and cannot do with my firearm. Nor do I want to be in the position to go to jail if I had to defend myself and it ended up fatal. There, I said it. So with that said, I'd like some input, etc. as to the pros and cons on the following

The Sig M17
I like that the slide catch and take down lever are functional and I have the availability to clean and lube the accessible parts of the gun. I somewhat like the full mag that contains both the co2 cartridge and multi shot pellet mag, although I find it easier with the other guns where both are separate. Not crazy that the trigger weight is 6# and doesn't seem to adjust. Also, there are contradictions in the factory fps ranging from 300 fps vs 380 fps. And although you have a fixed site, you can mount a red dot. The is also versatile being able to use pellets and BBs.

The Sig P226 and P229
These two I like the best because of the quick swap out of the co2 cartridge, same as the M17, but I just like this setup better. Ejecting the pellet mag by itself makes for a quicker swap out for another. Just my opinion. These two also have a trigger weight of 8#/4# once the hammer is cocked. Both have a fixed site, but with the P229 you can mount a red dot. What I don't like with these is the blanked-off ejection port, non-operative slide catch and take down lever, which are there for decoration. So I'm not sure how important it would be to have to remove the slide.

The Sig X-Five
It's basically like the P226/P229, but has the worse reviews, with the M17/P226 coming in second and the P229 having the best reviews.

The M17 seems to have a lot of complaints with jamming, loss of co2 pressure and shooting low, but these complaints can stem from poor shooting ability and the use of cheap co2's and pellets, so I don't know how reliable the ratings are. The X-Fie has similar complaints.

So if anyone has used any of these four pellet guns and can share their experience, opinions, etc., I would appreciate it. If you have a negative comment about any of these, be sure to also state ability and whether or not the co2's and pellets were of good or cheaper quality. I just need to make an informed decision and move on with a purchase.

Your help is appreciated.

I had one Sig, cannot remember the model but it had a magazine that was somewhat like a chain that held the pellets. It would constantly jam so I ended up giving it away. I am linking for a repeater a Diana Airbug. Small low capacity magazines, but I have several aftermarket magazines from CARM which are very good, better than the OEM type. and one of their single shot loaders which is very quick and fast. Magazines and single shot loader is held in place magnetically so can change very quickly.

Reactions: nyrainman
"Just enough of power to get the attention of whatever person or animal that may be defiant and could cause harm."

SIG has quite a few airsoft pistol models that might fit your requisite better than BB or pellet pistols. And if you don't remove the orange muzzle attachment you might be less likely to attract unwanted attention from police.