FX Which FX

The o-rings on my 177 are not standard sizes. The sources i've looked at don't have them. And from reading the forum i see similar posts.
19958 O-ring 6,02x2,62 NBR 70
2529 O-ring 4,3 x 1,5 NBR 70
I've looked at the two major o ring sources in the usa and they don't have them.
Ahhhhh, those are for a .117, fair enough. Global O-ring has the 19958's

Utah air guns has few of the original Taipan Veterans in .25 left at a good deal. That would leave you with money left over for a scope and ammo and still have money left. In my opinion, that is what you should do, excellent guns that need no experience to enjoy right out of the box.

I’ve owned two FX guns, my M3 was a good shooter but was overly complicated for my needs so I sold it and bought a brand new Wildcat BT ( the fist new PCP I’ve bought) and I’ve had nothing but trouble with it. My Veteran, on the other hand, has been rock solid for six years with no issues what so ever. Get you a Veteran and you won’t regret it, search the internet and try to find someone who has had trouble with one. I buy guns to shoot, not work on. JMHO, good luck.

Reactions: Geezerhood
Would you care to share which of the o-rings is propriatary? I'd love to find this little tidbit of information out. I've yet to have an issue finding sources other than FX.
They aren’t proprietary! I buy all my o rings for all my fx guns from oringsandmore.com and any ones they don’t carry like the polyurethane ones from McMastercarr. Ask anyone who uses oringsandmore. You typically get enough o rings to reseal an entire impact at least 25 times, for less about $20 with shipping as a part of that cost.

They aren’t proprietary! I buy all my o rings for all my fx guns from oringsandmore.com and any ones they don’t carry like the polyurethane ones from McMastercarr. Ask anyone who uses oringsandmore. You typically get enough o rings to reseal an entire impact at least 25 times, for less about $20 with shipping as a part of that cost.
Well for my Maverick I can find sizes that are close, but not exact. Or nothing at all. I have ordered from oringsandmore and theoringstore for all my PCP's

I personally think the M3 is worth the extra money. The tuning system is so much nicer. I have an fx Maverick too and the m3 also tunes to a wider range for a given reg pressure while maintaining a consistent velocity spread much better than my Maverick. I will say you should tell whoever is selling the used bare m3 for 2000 ish to put down the crack pipe and come back to planet earth. Lol.

I bought a lot of used pcp's over the years and from what I come across, about half of what I bought had problems caused by users who didn't know how a pcp worked. Most of the problems were minor and was an easy fix but 2 or 3 of them were so jacked up, pcp tuners like Derek and Chuck had a hard time fixing/replacing parts to get it to shoot right.
Most of the minor problems I had were bent barrels, bent or stripped shrouds, leaks and moisture inside the pcp.
For a first time pcp buyer, I would suggest buying new from an established business or buying from a turner who will stand behind the pcp. SPAW is another trusted dealer to buy new or used.
100% spot on. If you're going to buy used, buy from someone who has posted on here a lot and knows how to shoot and tune a FX. There are some that want to pass there screw-ups along to you.