• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Which one should I get?

Benjamin Marauder .25 or The Brocock concept .177?

Wassup guys/girls, been wanted to get into this hobby for a while and I've been browsing the forum for a while and been wondering what should I get for my first pcp air rifle. I'm mostly want to hunt on rabbits, squirrels, and doves. Honestly, I really don't care about the weight of the air rifle as long as it has a solid build.

Brocock Concept all day every day. The Marauder is a good entry level gun, the Concept by Brocock's build quality, barrel, and magazines are on a whole different level. Buy once, cry once!
I've seen one for sell for about $500 in this forum, but can't sent him a dm since I've just join this group. Really want to buy it from him

Reactions: Ranchibi
Also, just out of curiosity does it shoots better?
And we have yet another about to jump into the Rabbit Hole®. Welcome and good luck. .177 IMHO is't going to cut it, you need .22 or .25 both will reach out to 100 yards with the right gun. All guns have their fan club and they're not so fans. Just ask questions you'll get opinions. You also need to consider how your'e going to charge it.

Reactions: jarmstrong
And we have yet another about to jump into the Rabbit Hole®. Welcome and good luck. .177 IMHO is't going to cut it, you need .22 or .25 both will reach out to 100 yards with the right gun. All guns have their fan club and they're not so fans. Just ask questions you'll get opinions. You also need to consider how your'e going to charge it.
I have a big compressor at the shop . but if that doesn't work I will buy compressor that will work for it. Alright then, so for the price I should go for the Brocock concept, since the price for both of them is the same.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HogKiller
Does it shoot better,uh what a loaded question,No,but it is about which one is easier for you to shoot better'
I have a Brocock Concept light,it cost a lot more than a Marauder it is a better choice if you have the extra money.
It is going to be my first air rifle, just don't want to get something that i will not like it when i shoot it.

You would like either one t;he Concept is a great deal.I tried to deal with him before and had no luck.
My Concept is .25. If you can not get it ,another great PCP for the price is The Gamo Urban..check it out.The Urban is easy to
hand pump the Concept is a lot harder.
Budget,air rifle .scope, pump or compressor Wow I am having a ruff time typing ,

Benjamin Marauder .25 or The Brocock concept .177?

Wassup guys/girls, been wanted to get into this hobby for a while and I've been browsing the forum for a while and been wondering what should I get for my first pcp air rifle. I'm mostly want to hunt on rabbits, squirrels, and doves. Honestly, I really don't care about the weight of the air rifle as long as it has a solid build.
The Benjamin Marauder has earned the title as the gold standard for accuracy in a traditional steel and wood rifle. Around 500 bucks.
Brocock is one of the top brands in England, amongst Daystate, Air Arms and BSA. To me it all depends on the ergonomics for which you are looking in a PCP. If you are a traditionalist (as I am) then the Marauder will fill the bill. If you have a little GI Joe flowing in your blood, then the concept would be a fine rifle.

Reactions: boscoebrea
Well I guess it all depends on your budget for a gun, compressor, and possibly a scba tank. Your current compressor is no good for an airgun. Most airguns operate north of 2000 psi.

If I purchased an expensive gun I would want a nicer compressor to fill it with clean moisture free air. I hate hand pumps, but that is always an option to get you started if you were to purchase a cheaper gun to start.

I have a big compressor at the shop . but if that doesn't work I will buy compressor that will work for it. Alright then, so for the price I should go for the Brocock concept, since the price for both of them is the same.
I being a Maverick owner would say a Maverick, I personally happen to like them, if you have an airgun shop within 100 miles go visit them. Or try to buy from a dealer that has a good return policy. Brocock makes some nice guns, no matter what you won't be stopping at one. Some here are a tad on the over kill side others are constrained by economics and perhaps a touch, small, of common sense. Check around locally we have quite a few members in Texas, maybe some in your vicinity, they'll be more than thrilled to let you try their guns.

Last edited: