Other Which springer airpistols play nicely with ASG Blaster 4.5mm 0.13g plastic BBs?

What does everyone think are the main factors which determine whether these BBs shoot accurately, at least indoors, in a particular airgun or not? I wonder what is the range of stable speeds for these things. 500 to 950 fps? Would a choked barrel be more likely to help or hurt accuracy? Is the plastic of the BB soft enough that the barrel's rifling cuts into it?

Accuracy with the Webley Alecto is shown in the picture. All shots taken from 6 yards, open sights, two hand hold. Temp was a coolish 50 f.
First card was one pump, getting my eye in a bit, so some of the flyers are down to me.
Two pumps seemed to give the best group, so the last card is with 7 grain Meisterkugeln, using two pumps.
20231109_203730.jpg

Only one bb fell out at the start, so I was careful closing the lever to make sure they stayed in place.
I tried four pumps out of interest, and got 1040fps.
The Crosman pump up pistols may be a better option than than the Alecto as the barrel is independent of the cocking action, and has a probe to position the round in the breech.
Hope this is of interest.

Reactions: sponge
Good dent in the wood, it had lost some energy as it had slowed down enough for me to get a fleeting glimpse before it hit me in the chest and bounced off somewhere.
I don't think I will be carrying on with the Blasters, but it has been a very interesting experiment that really surprised me with the outcomes.
I might try one more session, but have the Alecto rested on something to take some of the biological variability out of the reckoning.

Reactions: sponge