Which wind direction do you find most difficult to shoot in?

Which wind direction do you find most difficult to shoot in?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
MOST difficult? Not listed above. However I dont shoot bench, mostly FT & Squirrel (other) so. .

Most difficult personally high wind at the muzzle followed a near total wind block then a strong side wind followed by swirl and the last 10 yards severe up draft caused by fast moving cold water 4 yards before target. BUT once you get used to-and good at- it you really are learning to shoot.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

John

At my place the wind is pulsing, not a steady flow.
Also at my gun club the ranges were designed for pb's back about 70 or so years ago, high trees surrounding the shooting lanes, the wind hits from above and swirls inside.
Just one of the 100 M lane for example here, I tried placing many windflags... won't work...reading from grass or leafs and branches moving won't work neither. Pictured early in the spring, along the year is not a see through.

swirling wind.jpg

I would trade for a rain any day ;)

Reactions: Caliber 22
When shooting to the far corner ( 134 yards ) i have 3 / 4 flags though not in a strait line from the shed to there, and they are often in opposite directions to each other, So this wind thing i have yet to figure out.

It is "easy" when you just have 1 flag that is alive, or two of them indicating the same.
But most often i see 180 degree opposite winds on 2 of the flags

Also my friend having made several berms of dirt, about 5 feet tall, well that do not make it more easy when you have one of those + a 20 foot container for the middle 1/3 of your slugs flight path.

Today wind was good, so finished off a open tin of 10 gr JSB KO mk3 slugs, and then a open tin of dead center pellets + a big dent in a open tin of JSB heavies.
but as i brought out the 13 grainers wind also died down, well then shooting 134 yards was a out right pleasure, even if still i did not put slug upon slug,,,,, but damn close.

I am amazed how good the silly small 10 grain slugs are at 134 yards,,,,, wayyyyyy better than any .177 pellet i have tried to shoot that far.