Umarex Who got their first batch Umarex Zelos ?

So...
What caliber do you have? What weight pellet & velocity? How's it shooting at 50 yards/meters? POI stable? Loud?
Thanks,
Jerry

Picture is from Pyramid Air
Umarex Zelos.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: coastal drifter
Nice.
How would you describe the trigger?
There is some first stage length followed by a light and crsip second stage.
Easy to feel when your up against the 2nd stage.
I really like it.
Will remove as much first stage as I can. Instructions provided In Manual

I’d be guessing but I’d say under 2lb but above 1 lb.

Didn't look like much to get excited about tbh

Seems a bit pricey for what it is too
Since it’s an M60 and the m60b has been well received I suspect it will be on par with its “ sister gun”

If it’s a bottle vs tube thing some of us prefer the lithe look and feel of the tube. Handles very well and is balanced.

As for cost … taking advantage of holidays sales a Zelos can be had for far less than 600

Do you think the gun is light enough to take it small game hunting?
If accurate, Pyramid Air lists it at 6 pounds, which is quite light in the airgun world.

They list the velocity for the 25 caliber as 1,000 fps. With the muzzle energy at 36 ft/lbs, that has to be with a non lead pellet.

Jerry

If accurate, Pyramid Air lists it at 6 pounds, which is quite light in the airgun world.

They list the velocity for the 25 caliber as 1,000 fps. With the muzzle energy at 36 ft/lbs, that has to be with a non lead pellet.

Jerry
1000 FPS is probably too hot anyway!
A lead pellet at 850 to 900 FPS would be ideal, in my opinion.

Didn't look like much to get excited about tbh

Seems a bit pricey for what it is too
What similar priced, similar powered, similar accurate rifle gets you exicted, Silvershooter?
What would you recommend for $699 or less, that is less "pricey"?

So here's my first mag w/ groups and some thoughts.

It's got potential, that's for sure. As you can see at 25 yards it's shooting decent groups. I'm by no means a great shot either. 25 yards is nothing, but l've shot way worse at this distance. I did easily crack golf balls at 48 yards. Just grabbed first tin of pellets I had handy. They were JTS 18s.

I really like the size and balance/feel of it. Trigger needs adjusting but it's not bad. I'm confident trigger will be nice once adjusted. Out of the box it's kinda loud with a weird little ping. For whatever reason Umarex left the last maybe 4" of the shroud hollow. No clue why they didn't add a baffle or moderator. It's wasted length imho. No biggie, someone smarter than me will figure out something to add inside.

So far I'm happy with it, especially for price(was under 5 on sale). I think it’s going to be a popular platform. Came with 2 mags which is awesome. I haven't put it on a chrono but l'd guess atleast 30fpe as is. Factory settings it's probably going to be a 2 mag(40 shot) gun. Im fine with that. Get a bottle if I want more shots.

Looking forward to others feedback and opinions. I'll try other pellets and distances and report back later.

Happy Shooting,
Rob

IMG_3700.jpeg

IMG_3699.jpeg

IMG_3698.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

So here's my first mag w/ groups and some thoughts.

It's got potential, that's for sure. As you can see at 25 yards it's shooting decent groups. I'm by no means a great shot either. 25 yards is nothing, but l've shot way worse at this distance. I did easily crack golf balls at 48 yards. Just grabbed first tin of pellets I had handy. They were JTS 18s.

I really like the size and balance/feel of it. Trigger needs adjusting but it's not bad. I'm confident trigger will be nice once adjusted. Out of the box it's kinda loud with a weird little ping. For whatever reason Umarex left the last maybe 4" of the shroud hollow. No clue why they didn't add a baffle or moderator. It's wasted length imho. No biggie, someone smarter than me will figure out something to add inside.

So far I'm happy with it, especially for price(was under 5 on sale). I think it’s going to be a popular platform. Came with 2 mags which is awesome. I haven't put it on a chrono but l'd guess atleast 30fpe as is. Factory settings it's probably going to be a 2 mag(40 shot) gun. Im fine with that. Get a bottle if I want more shots.

Looking forward to others feedback and opinions. I'll try other pellets and distances and report back later.

Happy Shooting,
Rob

View attachment 485954

View attachment 485955

View attachment 485956

View attachment 485957
Excellent first impression review Rob , thank you .

1000 FPS is probably too hot anyway!
A lead pellet at 850 to 900 FPS would be ideal, in my opinion.

What similar priced, similar powered, similar accurate rifle gets you exicted, Silvershooter?
What would you recommend for $699 or less, that is less "pricey"?
Playing devils advocate to your question Airgun Al ( but knowing I love my zelos)

The MacCavity MA2 .. might be competition. Full featured and at a lower cost. I don’t know the status of this new line however it showed promise.

Firewalker, a friend and a accomplished airsmith speaks extreme praise for the M60B. He isn’t wrong

Playing devils advocate to your question Airgun Al ( but knowing I love my zelos)

The MacCavity MA2 .. might be competition. Full featured and at a lower cost. I don’t know the status of this new line however it showed promise.

Firewalker, a friend and a accomplished airsmith speaks extreme praise for the M60B. He isn’t wrong
Wow!
You are right.
The MA2 looks like a seroius contender for the Zelos.
A lot less $$$, and half the magazine capacity, but otherwise similar in length, weight, features and power.
Id love to see a comparison video between the the Zelos and the MA2.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.