Who is Outside Shooting in Extreme Summer Heat?

60 degrees i would be wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt if no wind , if windy i would have maybe a light vest on
beerthief,

If I'm working outside, 60 is t-shirt temperatures for me. In winter sub-zero temperatures I don't hesitate to go out to the shed for an arm-load of firewood without putting on a jacket. No sense, no feeling I guess.

Extended times out in the cold doesn't bother me, but you have to dress accordingly. On the other hand, high heat/humidity just kills me. Makes me want to hide in the air-conditioned basement LOL!

Different areas, different environments. The local weather is dynamic and a standard joke is if you don't like what it is, wait a minute and it will change. In the spring and fall it's not unusual to have the furnace running at night, the air-conditioner during the day and for it to be cool enough to light the wood stove for the evening.

I'll share this with you. It's a bit "tongue in cheek" but not far off being true. The joke that you might have seen of a Canadian sun bathing while cooling their beer in a snow bank is real. Been there, done that :)

Cheers!

Canadian Winter 6.png

I shoot while it's hot. I try to get out in the early morning, around 06:00 before it gets smoking hot. It's been humid here of late too, which is rare.
I just take a lot of cold drinks with me and stay in the shade as much as possible, usually standing within my driver-side open truck door.
Even at that, I'm usually gone by 11:30ish.

mike

I usually go to buddy’s land which is located at Barstow Ca is about 20 acres, which right now is over 100’
Degrees but it’s dry heat which is more bearable, still freaking hot , so we set up some shades, some coolers full of drinks (beer mostly) but lately I set up my targets in the back of my warehouse, it’s about 85 yards long .
So yes.......I don’t really care if it’s hot or cold I’ve got to do some shooting practice. Be safe

It's been Hot here in north eastern Texas, been averaging 97°, and with my heart condition I mostly stay in the house with the A/C on, tinkering in my shop, but I did get out last week when it was down to 92° and popped a couple squirrels with the Avenger .25, gotta hose down with Cutters and wear the Ghillie suit to keep the bugs from eating you and the squirrels from seeing you, almost got hit by a couple birds that were fighting, I had to duck......:eek::ROFLMAO: maybe the Ghillie works too good....